Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#16New Post! May 25, 2017 @ 16:42:22
@chaski Said

In the early stages of an investigation (especially investigations of things like "terrorism", serial murders, and "foreign counter intelligence" ) this type of information is kept out of the news because if it is put out in the media too soon it tips off the bad guys.

While the media has a responsibility to report the news, they have lost all ability to use discretion (if they ever had any) in what they report.

There are, at least arguably, some occasions when the leaking of sensitive information is appropriate. However, leaking information about sensitive terrorism investigations is almost never acceptable. The U.S. intelligence official(s) that "leak" this sort of information to the press should be fired and prosecuted. IMO.

Trump: You are correct that, at least at this point, Trump can't be blamed. On the other hand there seems to be more and more of this leaking, much of which Trump and his proverbial inner circle are clearly responsible for.

Well stated.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#17New Post! May 25, 2017 @ 16:55:29
you know that some of the terrorists attacks though the world. more opportunity for terrorists to attack with or without leaks anything to media or with the governments helps.

you wonder if terrorists are that good at their jobs to attack, or more dumb or pure luck is going for the terrorists.

it seem that terrorists doesn't need any help from anyone to attack. it seem the opportunity appears to them that easilest.
shadowen On March 22, 2024

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#18New Post! May 25, 2017 @ 17:02:26
What information regarding the investigation of a criminal offence is released to the press ought to be at the discretion of the investigators themselves. They are the ones who have the best idea re how public knowledge of any information may help or hinder an investigation.

The UK chose to share the information that had been gathered by their investigators with US intelligence/law enforcement agencies on the clear understanding that said information would remain classified. This was done in good faith. That faith has now been effected to some degree. The fact that the investigating team in the UK are unhappy with the possible ramifications of shared classified details of an active investigation being leaked is reflected in their decision not to share any further information with their US counterparts at this time.

Personally I think it's disgraceful. One can only assume that the US person or persons who leaked the information did so for personal (possibly financial) gain. The NY Times then obviously decided to publish the information for financial gain. Such is the world we live in.
chaski On about 17 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#19New Post! May 25, 2017 @ 17:18:39
@shadowen Said

What information regarding the investigation of a criminal offence is released to the press ought to be at the discretion of the investigators themselves.

This part is wrong.

Sharing sensitive information should be a specified agency policy. Individual investigators should not make these kinds of decisions themselves. Everyone in a given investigative agency needs have the same rules and regulation. Any exceptions should go through upper management. When individual investigators make these kinds of decisions, without agency approval, problems often arise.

Perhaps you meant "investigating agency" instead of "investigators"... ...in which case I full agree with you.

@shadowen Said

The UK chose to share the information that had been gathered by their investigators with US intelligence/law enforcement agencies on the clear understanding that said information would remain classified. This was done in good faith. That faith has now been effected to some degree. The fact that the investigating team in the UK are unhappy with the possible ramifications of shared classified details of an active investigation being leaked is reflected in their decision not to share any further information with their US counterparts at this time.

Personally I think it's disgraceful.

This part is absolutely correct.

It is a disgrace.

@shadowen Said

One can only assume that the US person or persons who leaked the information did so for personal (possibly financial) gain.

Or we can assume that the US person or persons is just a idiot.
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#20New Post! May 26, 2017 @ 04:24:51
Manchester isn't too far from where I live in the UK.

I'm really hurt by this attack, it just feels so close to home (although I'm half way around the world) and to attack a place where they know there'll be so many young people.
Ratty On November 08, 2021

So Cal, California
#21New Post! May 30, 2017 @ 23:59:07
@Silver_Lining Said

Manchester isn't too far from where I live in the UK.

I'm really hurt by this attack, it just feels so close to home (although I'm half way around the world) and to attack a place where they know there'll be so many young people.

It does sorta make it more personal when it's close to home. The San Bernardino Terrorist attack where 14 people I believe it was were killed just a year or two ago, I live about 60 miles from there. It's a wake up call.

I'm hearing that there is a certain sentiment in the UK of almost of a giving up type vibe. That people are just going to have to accept that that this is the new reality. I find that to be appalling and I hope I'm wrong about it.

My heart sank when I heart the news. I just can't get my mind to accept that some people will target innocent people. Young girls for that matter. I'm getting f***ing angry just thinking about it. We need to be ever more vigilant.

You have these cowardly f***tards killing young girls. I mean jeez already. The world community needs to come together and find every s***hole nation that harbors these savages and just hunt them down relentlessly.

There unfortunately just isn't the political will to really trounce these types. The world knows where a lot of these people come from. Places like Syria, Pakistan, Iran is also pulling a lot of strings behind the scenes as well.

This stuff needs to stop, like yesterday.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs