The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Breaking: Comey Caught Committing Perjury to Congress?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Sandrocksonic On November 05, 2020

Randallstown, Maryland
#1New Post! May 18, 2017 @ 16:14:18
Comey's May 3 Senate testimony contradicts reported February memo

Kit Daniels | Infowars.com - May 18, 2017

Former FBI Director James Comey said he was never told to stop an investigation due to political reasons during testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee on May 3, 2017, which contradicts his new claim that Trump pressured him to stop the Flynn investigation in February.

Comey now claims President Trump asked him to shut down the federal investigation into former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in an Oval Office meeting in February, according to a reported memo Mr. Comey says he wrote after the meeting.

The New York Times claims this February memo is the “smoking gun,” but in fact, it contradicts Comey’s sworn testimony on May 3.

During the Senate testimony, Comey confirmed to Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii) that in theory, the Attorney General or senior officials at the Department of Justice could halt an FBI investigation.

This story is developing.

Read Here
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! May 18, 2017 @ 16:30:37
I think it's all a matter of wording - just like anything coming out of DC these days.

Just as Trump did not disclose confidential "Sources, Methods or Operations" with Russia.
Though nobody has said Trump did not discuss *any* secret information.

Slime-dog politicians and lawyers always have a way of saying something without saying something.

And of course Comey's (potential/perceived) perjury is more significant than Trump's obstruction of justice into the investigation of his campaign colluding with Russia.

Because Trump is the most witch-hunted, unfairly treated politician in the history of the world!
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#3New Post! May 18, 2017 @ 18:12:03
@mrmhead Said

I think it's all a matter of wording - just like anything coming out of DC these days.

Just as Trump did not disclose confidential "Sources, Methods or Operations" with Russia.
Though nobody has said Trump did not discuss *any* secret information.

Slime-dog politicians and lawyers always have a way of saying something without saying something.

And of course Comey's (potential/perceived) perjury is more significant than Trump's obstruction of justice into the investigation of his campaign colluding with Russia.

Because Trump is the most witch-hunted, unfairly treated politician in the history of the world!

Why doesn't he just do what Teresa May does. Tell bare faced lies, that everybody knows is are lies, and she does absolutely nothing at all to cover them up..!!

It's a brilliant tactic and it works. All you need is to keep repeating over and over and over your campaign slogan. In her case it's "Strong and stable leadership."

It can go something like this:

Interviewer: "Mrs May, do you deny that the Brexit campaign promise to give 350 million pounds a week to the NHS was in fact a lie?"

TM: "I will give the country strong and stable leadership."

Int: "You said you had no intention of calling a snap election and then you went and called a snap election."

Int: Mrs May, you said you would keep the Triple Lock on pensions but in your manifesto announced today, the Triple Lock will be scrapped.

By repeating this slogan to every question, every negative issue just disappears and all of a sudden, you're miles ahead in the polls. The simplicity of this is beyond genius.

Now.... This is where The Donald gets it wrong. He doesn't keep it simple. He complicates issues by sacking the very person who has the dirt on him.

Perhaps this is part of a cunning plan, the subtlety and cleverness of which is not yet clear to us.

Oooooh, Donald.... you think you're sooooo clever.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#4New Post! May 18, 2017 @ 18:38:07
@Jennifer1984 Said

Why doesn't he just do what Teresa May does. Tell bare faced lies, that everybody knows is are lies, and she does absolutely nothing at all to cover them up..!!

It's a brilliant tactic and it works. All you need is to keep repeating over and over and over your campaign slogan. In her case it's "Strong and stable leadership."

It can go something like this:

Interviewer: "Mrs May, do you deny that the Brexit campaign promise to give 350 million pounds a week to the NHS was in fact a lie?"

Int: "You said you had no intention of calling a snap election and then you went and called a snap election."

Int: Mrs May, you said you would keep the Triple Lock on pensions but in your manifesto announced today, the Triple Lock will be scrapped.

By repeating this slogan to every question, every negative issue just disappears and all of a sudden, you're miles ahead in the polls. The simplicity of this is beyond genius.

Now.... This is where The Donald gets it wrong. He doesn't keep it simple. He complicates issues by sacking the very person who has the dirt on him.

Perhaps this is part of a cunning plan, the subtlety and cleverness of which is not yet clear to us.

Oooooh, Donald.... you think you're sooooo clever.

Trump's schtick is confusion and mis-direction. As he tweet-storms about the latest "shiny object", he leaves his spokespeople scrambling to try and explain what he means with alt-truths and alt-facts.
chaski On about 13 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#5New Post! May 18, 2017 @ 19:02:16
@Sandrocksonic Said

Comey's May 3 Senate testimony contradicts reported February memo

Kit Daniels | Infowars.com - May 18, 2017

Former FBI Director James Comey said he was never told to stop an investigation due to political reasons during testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee on May 3, 2017, which contradicts his new claim that Trump pressured him to stop the Flynn investigation in February.

Comey now claims President Trump asked him to shut down the federal investigation into former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in an Oval Office meeting in February, according to a reported memo Mr. Comey says he wrote after the meeting.

The New York Times claims this February memo is the “smoking gun,” but in fact, it contradicts Comey’s sworn testimony on May 3.

During the Senate testimony, Comey confirmed to Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii) that in theory, the Attorney General or senior officials at the Department of Justice could halt an FBI investigation.

This story is developing.

Read Here

Good to see that you are still following the guy who admitted that he was a performance actor and presenting fake news as his act.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#6New Post! May 19, 2017 @ 04:28:48
@mrmhead Said

Trump's schtick is confusion and mis-direction. As he tweet-storms about the latest "shiny object", he leaves his spokespeople scrambling to try and explain what he means with alt-truths and alt-facts.

Awwww, that's boring. It doesn't really leave us with much room for satire, does it..?

His latest travails with the American political establishment, press, law enforcement and people, whilst being undoubtedly a masterpiece of obfuscation don't really provide us with much in the way of entertainment.

OK... so I'm not taking this seriously and I should <slaps own wrist>. The Comey allegations are being reported over here as being nearly as serious as those offences committed by Nixon. The general news reporting goes along the lines of "The shadow of Watergate is hanging over the White House."

Dramatic stuff. But is it really that serious..? Politicians lie all the time. It's almost a part of the job description. Trump just does it more than anyone else and he doesn't try to hide it by the traditional methods of "Look-at-this-face-would-I-lie-to-you" denial, he does it brazenly. He's a showman of Barnum proportions.

Phineas T Trump. Hmmmmm..... It's got quite a ring to it. Perhaps there's some satirical mileage in this after all.
Stalker

#7New Post! May 19, 2017 @ 17:45:43
@Jennifer1984 Said

But is it really that serious..? Politicians lie all the time. It's almost a part of the job description.

Is it serious?

Depends on the lie.

For example: If Trump actually attempted to persuade the Director of the FBI to wrongfully end the investigation of National Security Advisor Flynn (as in attempted to cover up Flynn's actions), particularly if those actions were either criminal in nature and/or presented a threat to the national security of the USA, etc., then YES Trump's lie would really be that serious and could end up with him being impeached.

On the other hand, if it is more of the same, idiotic lies that don't actually violate the law...then NO Trump's lies would not be that serious.

Trump seems to be his own worst enemy, and could well be on the cusp of impeachment proceedings.

My "personal" opinion is that ultimately Trump's lies will not get him impeached, but do actually matter in that if he keeps it up our (the USA's) congress will start ignoring him and Trump will become what we in the USA call a lame duck president...meaning that he will essentially be a president with little or now power to do anything.
Stalker

#8New Post! May 19, 2017 @ 17:50:37
@Sandrocksonic Said

You are probably missing the core point of your InfoWars story. IF Comey lied to congress under oath that might mean that Comey perjured himself, but it would also mean that Trump committed a crime by trying to coverup illegal activity.

Nixon tried to do this and it didn't go well for him.
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#9New Post! May 19, 2017 @ 20:30:12
@chaski Said
My "personal" opinion is that ultimately Trump's lies will not get him impeached, but do actually matter in that if he keeps it up our (the USA's) congress will start ignoring him and Trump will become what we in the USA call a lame duck president...meaning that he will essentially be a president with little or now power to do anything.

That doesn't seem so bad to me. Really, Congress should be more powerful than the President anyways. At the very least, we the people should be more invested in what they do than in what the President does. After all, they're the ones that create the laws.
Stalker

#10New Post! May 19, 2017 @ 22:18:07
@crazylikeafox Said

That doesn't seem so bad to me. Really, Congress should be more powerful than the President anyways. At the very least, we the people should be more invested in what they do than in what the President does. After all, they're the ones that create the laws.

I agree with most of that.

Sadly, congress has been failing "us" for at least the last 8 if not 16 years.

An ineffectual congress with and ineffectual president is not a good thing.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs