Art & Literature

Reading Skills

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Inteper_Regional On January 14, 2018

Banned

Dayton, Ohio
#1New Post! Apr 30, 2017 @ 04:35:38
I got this book Death of a Valentine. Seems interesting and yet what I read so far makes me wonder about the world of medicine seriously. Not everyday you find people casually speaking to one another in a book. Novels have the same source and for as most people concerned, reading is just that novel after novel. My concern is not the title but how it keeps pace with other ones. Not so unfortunate however most people would have to take a second look to continue reading. I think the title speaks for itself.
chaski On about 3 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! Apr 30, 2017 @ 04:39:22
You do realize it is fiction...right?
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#3New Post! Apr 30, 2017 @ 12:19:12
@Inteper_Regional Said

I got this book Death of a Valentine. Seems interesting and yet what I read so far makes me wonder about the world of medicine seriously. Not everyday you find people casually speaking to one another in a book. Novels have the same source and for as most people concerned, reading is just that novel after novel. My concern is not the title but how it keeps pace with other ones. Not so unfortunate however most people would have to take a second look to continue reading. I think the title speaks for itself.

Not sure what you're getting at ...

Doctors ain't got good talking skills?
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#4New Post! Apr 30, 2017 @ 20:00:31
@mrmhead Said

Not sure what you're getting at ...

Doctors ain't got good talking skills?

I think its a doctor saying this

They ain't no good with the talking skills you know.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#5New Post! Apr 30, 2017 @ 20:54:17
@Inteper_Regional Said

i think you mean a novel's title should explain what the novel about. you starting reading this book, this going be about a love story.

this story is a mystery, a valentine day's package that is delivered next day to the victim. the description of this story has nothing to with medicine that i read on another website.

i am confuse like everybody else, you mean what you mean above.

most novels, if there are design for main character, who is a detective and his cases read in series of books.

in series of books, how you do where to start? most of book's titles might have something, it might have vol. 1 or book one under the character's name.

i find personally when i start when i beginning series of book of one character. if you lucky, you find the first book of the character right off the bat.

there are time, that i will buy a book about the main character that i have no idea, who or she is. i find out really like the character, so then i look at the front of the book, that author will the a list of how many books that he has written about his or her character. then i look for them.

most of author want grab their readers, by their title of their book. so " death of a valtentine " sound better than " death of a valentine's day package".

you do make a point, the way of author's write for the characters to speak in their novels, doesn't always look right or even sound odd when you read it.

i know that sometimes when i read these dialogs, who speak this way?

i think you are when you are asking " the title speak for itself " .

when i see this title " death of a valtentine " - this first thing i thought was the silent movie actor - Rudolph Valentino. not a mystery thriller.

i am not sure if this what you driving at with this thread. it looks interesting.
Inteper_Regional On January 14, 2018

Banned

Dayton, Ohio
#6New Post! Jul 11, 2017 @ 14:49:33
If there were a way doctors could predict AI and facial recognition, then maybe this book would make sense, but they don't; no computers! So it was like they were "secretly" talking about that "they" killed The Valentine. Wrong, they wanted to do it too.
Sushant On April 11, 2018

Delhi, India
#7New Post! Aug 17, 2017 @ 11:19:52
I really don't know what to say.
But you are kinda right.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs