Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#31New Post! May 10, 2017 @ 04:51:11
@shinobinoz Said

You don't think every country should have an equal say?

Should or could?
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#32New Post! May 12, 2017 @ 14:19:43
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Should or could?

Your choice.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#33New Post! May 17, 2017 @ 06:55:18
@shinobinoz Said

Your choice.

Hardly. My control over UN action is non existent. The simple fact is though that the UN would collapse in seconds if some nations were not treated as more equal than others.

Due to the fact that Israel is enemy number one of several Islamic nations, and given the fact that several Islamic nations ban Jews from traveling there (although only suicidal Jews would want to go anyway to be honest), Israel is unique in needing greater protection and therefore should be given veto power. It would be a polite way of telling the genocidal elements of Islam in Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Turkey, Lebanon and Palestine etc., that they have still got a lot of work to do to win the propaganda war they have fought for some decades now.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#34New Post! May 18, 2017 @ 03:45:26
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Hardly. My control over UN action is non existent. The simple fact is though that the UN would collapse in seconds if some nations were not treated as more equal than others.

Due to the fact that Israel is enemy number one of several Islamic nations, and given the fact that several Islamic nations ban Jews from traveling there (although only suicidal Jews would want to go anyway to be honest), Israel is unique in needing greater protection and therefore should be given veto power. It would be a polite way of telling the genocidal elements of Islam in Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Turkey, Lebanon and Palestine etc., that they have still got a lot of work to do to win the propaganda war they have fought for some decades now.

Just because attacking Israel is wrong does not then make Israel right, and it certainly doesn't follow that they should be given veto power in the UN because of it.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#35New Post! May 19, 2017 @ 02:08:38
@nooneinparticular Said

Just because attacking Israel is wrong does not then make Israel right, and it certainly doesn't follow that they should be given veto power in the UN because of it.

For sure. Both seem willing pawns of proxy countries.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#36New Post! May 19, 2017 @ 08:28:48
@nooneinparticular Said

Of course, even if you are correct, it goes without saying that it should go without saying that UN veto power has less than nothing to do with right.

, Hawaii
#37New Post! May 19, 2017 @ 16:48:20
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Of course, even if you are correct, it goes without saying that it should go without saying that UN veto power has less than nothing to do with right.

Than what IS the basis for giving Israel veto power in the UN?
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#38New Post! May 22, 2017 @ 00:09:25
@nooneinparticular Said

Then what IS the basis for giving Israel veto power in the UN?

Just a small thing to start with, but I have corrected your English. I am not an English Nazi but you keep mixing up then and than and it got the better of me finally

Veto power in the UNSC has nothing at all to do with moral rightness it has to do with making sure the UN can function. No veto and the USA at the very least would have instantly walked from the UN. This says nothing about whether the US is right or wrong, moral or immoral, good or bad.

Why give Israel a veto power? Purely for aesthetic purposes. The UN has a bad habit of attacking Israel via its Islamic battalions, and adopting or seeking to adopt resolutions unfavourable to Israel. If security is an aim of the UN then Israel should not need to be reliant on increasingly uncertain allies to block the continual propaganda aimed at it by leaders of countries that want to r4pe, enslave or slaughter every Jew on the planet for religious reasons. It has nothing to do with whether Israel is right or wrong, however, it is also true that in this case Israel is so far ahead of the Islamic nations morally, politically and socially that they are, in fact, as right as it is possible for a nation to be in relation to the actions of another nation, I would have thought.
chaski On about 7 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#39New Post! May 22, 2017 @ 01:06:12
@bob_the_fisherman Said

The UN has a bad habit of attacking Israel via its Islamic battalions

You don't seem to know what the words "battalions" and "attacking" mean. In fact, I am starting to suspect that the english language is not something that you are very familiar with.

In any case, please feel free to present any information you have that would even remotely suggest that UN "battalions" of any kind ever attacked Israel.

, Hawaii
#40New Post! May 23, 2017 @ 04:32:41
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Just a small thing to start with, but I have corrected your English. I am not an English Nazi but you keep mixing up then and than and it got the better of me finally

Fair enough. I should stop starting sentences with than or then anyways. Just makes me grammatically lazy.

Quote:

Veto power in the UNSC has nothing at all to do with moral rightness it has to do with making sure the UN can function. No veto and the USA at the very least would have instantly walked from the UN. This says nothing about whether the US is right or wrong, moral or immoral, good or bad.

Sure but how does giving Israel UN veto power 'make sure the UN can function'?

Quote:

Why give Israel a veto power? Purely for aesthetic purposes. The UN has a bad habit of attacking Israel via its Islamic battalions, and adopting or seeking to adopt resolutions unfavourable to Israel. If security is an aim of the UN then Israel should not need to be reliant on increasingly uncertain allies to block the continual propaganda aimed at it by leaders of countries that want to r4pe, enslave or slaughter every Jew on the planet for religious reasons.

I'd argue that if the UN's goal was security and stability then they shouldn't have tried to carve a Jewish State out of the Middle East. Unfortunately, none of the countries that actually mattered wanted to give up any of their territory to house the Jewish people, so they chose an ill conceived area to give land to the Jews, and Israel and certain Islamic States have been fighting over that decision literally since it was formed because of it.

Quote:

It has nothing to do with whether Israel is right or wrong, however, it is also true that in this case Israel is so far ahead of the Islamic nations morally, politically and socially that they are, in fact, as right as it is possible for a nation to be in relation to the actions of another nation, I would have thought.

Israel has blood on it's hands just as the Islamic states who attack it have blood on theirs as well. Both sides have been known to engage in 'preemptive strikes' numerous times. While I may not agree with the Islamic States wanting to burn Israel to the ground, Israel isn't exactly a saint themselves here.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#41New Post! May 23, 2017 @ 05:12:38
since i went to sunday school in my teenage years, i have really off and on read and listen to news over the years.

not about the torch, and how my people ( the powerful jewish lawyers and doctors,( yea, twilite, you soo funny! )with moses help created jewish tradition. that i believe in.

in sunday school, i learned about " six days war " at the time in 60's and early 70's. i wasn't that interested in the war. i been told my friends and other people that i should care. i have relatives, who live in israel. i met two of them in 70's once that about it.

i have tried feel compassion for my people, even said " my people " doesn't feel right to me. i never been to israel, maybe someday, i might oune to go there. it isn't on my bucket list. ( twilite, i don't mean that way, take the bucket off your head now! )

america and the people in, are my people. i have questions the politics of people of israel over the years, if i support them or not. i don't have specially items that i am against or support israel.

it hard for to get involve with politics with israel. it hard to objective to other countries surrounding israel. yes, i do believe that israel should be a state. yet, i understand to the whys that other countries are fighting against israel.

i kind wonder why america protecting israel soo much as an ally, than more than meet the eye. so, it is act at times for me, to feel or root for israel, when the people and the country of israel are more like strangers to me.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#42New Post! May 23, 2017 @ 05:35:43
i realizes that my post above was indirect had to with this topic.

SAUDI ARABIA and most countries in the middle east, the injustice how they treated the women is outrages. you really the us and un to go into the countries take over them.

men over there, have rights to physical abuse and kill women, let the their children watch. or married more one woman still denied the right to be woman.

so wrong, i feel a shame to be a man, when i read these articles.

now, this country maybe a little that are facing problem with elections to give more power to women.

it is a good start to a nation, that obviously lives in backward time, to tell their women, we are sorry.

of course, this probably wish thinking and positive movement. you are hopping for the women there. it isn't a waste of time.

it would nice if us and our forces would charge in to save the day. but this kind of problem in this nation need to learn and mature enough to change first for their selves, before to ask for help or be force by other countries to change for the better.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs