The pets you've had...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#16New Post! Apr 26, 2017 @ 03:21:58
I remember the Circus sold Chameleons that were harnessed to string & tied to a stick. Most likely they were Anoles & not Chameleons.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#17New Post! Apr 26, 2017 @ 08:12:31

this ad shown inside back of the comic books.

my parents hasn't told my old sister that is sea monkey, my parents told look a monkey that she was when a baby, we was found her in a basket on our backstairs of my back door one night.

my father first time saw my sister, who really a damn ugly for a baby gorilla.later on, my parents told her that she was a sea monkey. my parents tell her that she was a sea monkey only monkey that can live without water that knew about that live.

few minutes ago, I was looking at my wallet out and look at my sister. I love my sister, at 65, she is one damn ugliest sea monkey, i've saw.

my neighbors friends playing with me in with this toy in my basement. it was basely, a big cardboard piece. looks outside of a submarine. an shoot out plastic toy missiles and torpedoes on the side and the back actually work. I remember it had with rubber bands to propelled them,.

when I was a teenager bought these above, they didn't work, I didn't lose my eyesight, when itry see all girls in my class still had their clothes. I can't see through clothes, I really want see them naked.

I really stupid wearing stupid glasses one day in school.

where I got my ant farm that I has for almost three years. I got some attaches hook on the outside of the cage. they were little tubes that connect to each others. that I got at my local pet store.

it was giant plastic tubes connected both side of my plastic cage. the idea that it was a tiny city for my ants.

it really work, my ants had fun walking through these tubes for hours.

I remember get 100 toy soldiers , I played with them for hours.

one summer in the 60's, my parents brought me, the hulk, the amazing Spider-Man, the mighty thor, and the incredible hulk t-shirts. I think had for a couple of years.

this was a cleaver ads that was inside comic books to sell hostess snacks for kids in 60's.

I had these toy cars, I can't remember which they were. that long stem on the side of the car.

it was like a zipper, that you put under the car, you slide the end part, which didn't have the little handle on it. it was the handle of the stem fit attach under the car.

what you do put the car on the table, and you grab the red handle from the car. when this happen, you pull the handle and the stem come out from the bottom of the stem. you have to it really fast to make the car zoom down the table.

it was more fun than sound.

back in 60's and 70's, both dc and marvel comic books sold a lot of ads in the back of the comic books.

I was 6 to 8 years, I was cub scouts or just for fun. it turm out to a family thing for my sisters and me. it was back then, you can sell packages of different kinds of flowers. it was national campaign for something, I can't remember for what.

it was a giant contest ad that if you sold a lot of packages, you win a bike, a 3 speed bike.

my sisters and I entered the contest, we didn't win the bike, but we sold a lot of packages of flowers to our neighbors.

I remember we planted some flowers in our backyard, and they grow up into beautiful flowers.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#18New Post! Apr 26, 2017 @ 21:36:55
@twilitezone911 Said

this ad shown inside back of the comic books.

my parents hasn't told my old sister that is sea monkey, my parents told look a monkey that she was when a baby, we was found her in a basket on our backstairs of my back door one night.

my father first time saw my sister, who really a damn ugly for a baby gorilla.later on, my parents told her that she was a sea monkey. my parents tell her that she was a sea monkey only monkey that can live without water that knew about that live.

few minutes ago, I was looking at my wallet out and look at my sister. I love my sister, at 65, she is one damn ugliest sea monkey, i've saw.

my neighbors friends playing with me in with this toy in my basement. it was basely, a big cardboard piece. looks outside of a submarine. an shoot out plastic toy missiles and torpedoes on the side and the back actually work. I remember it had with rubber bands to propelled them,.

when I was a teenager bought these above, they didn't work, I didn't lose my eyesight, when itry see all girls in my class still had their clothes. I can't see through clothes, I really want see them naked.

I really stupid wearing stupid glasses one day in school.

where I got my ant farm that I has for almost three years. I got some attaches hook on the outside of the cage. they were little tubes that connect to each others. that I got at my local pet store.

it was giant plastic tubes connected both side of my plastic cage. the idea that it was a tiny city for my ants.

it really work, my ants had fun walking through these tubes for hours.

I remember get 100 toy soldiers , I played with them for hours.

one summer in the 60's, my parents brought me, the hulk, the amazing Spider-Man, the mighty thor, and the incredible hulk t-shirts. I think had for a couple of years.

this was a cleaver ads that was inside comic books to sell hostess snacks for kids in 60's.

I had these toy cars, I can't remember which they were. that long stem on the side of the car.

it was like a zipper, that you put under the car, you slide the end part, which didn't have the little handle on it. it was the handle of the stem fit attach under the car.

what you do put the car on the table, and you grab the red handle from the car. when this happen, you pull the handle and the stem come out from the bottom of the stem. you have to it really fast to make the car zoom down the table.

it was more fun than sound.

back in 60's and 70's, both dc and marvel comic books sold a lot of ads in the back of the comic books.

I was 6 to 8 years, I was cub scouts or just for fun. it turm out to a family thing for my sisters and me. it was back then, you can sell packages of different kinds of flowers. it was national campaign for something, I can't remember for what.

it was a giant contest ad that if you sold a lot of packages, you win a bike, a 3 speed bike.

my sisters and I entered the contest, we didn't win the bike, but we sold a lot of packages of flowers to our neighbors.

I remember we planted some flowers in our backyard, and they grow up into beautiful flowers.
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#19New Post! Apr 26, 2017 @ 23:21:30
I had a dog, Gordon a golden lab. He died of cancer 3 years ago at the age of 8. I would kill you if it would bring him back to life.

I bought a morkie (little designer dog) for a woman once. Maybe 7 yeats ago? 6? 5? Whatever. He was pretty cool. I named him Napoleon. He ran away when i left her. Which was kinda awesome.

I have cat Angel. He was born when i was 20. Almost 15 years old! I've been in and out of Az for awhile now. I'd say I've probably spent 3 years here in the past 10. Anyways, someone in my family has always kept him whenever i leave, but he's always mine when i come back. Right now he might just be my favorite living thing on this planet. I will seriously break down when this guy goes.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#20New Post! Apr 27, 2017 @ 00:55:47
Hank was my beast. I was his human. I loved him very much. I hurt a great big lot when he went to cat heaven. I am not emotionally equipped to love that much.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Apr 28, 2017 @ 15:24:50
@twilitezone911 Said

I was a kid, I like playing with daddy long legs spiders. I used singed to them, wayne newton, " daddy, don't walk so fast! " then I pulled their legs off their bodies.

We had something like that in our kitchen last summer. It came on in, went straight into the middle of the room and blew itself up.

It must have been a Jihadi Long Legs.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#22New Post! Apr 28, 2017 @ 15:39:29
@Jennifer1984 Said

We had something like that in our kitchen last summer. It came on in, went straight into the middle of the room and blew itself up.

no, one, i never heard jihadi long legs before. a daddy long legs doesn't blow itself, it is pretty friendly harmless insect to play with. it bigger than most spiders, i have seen one over 45 years.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#23New Post! Apr 28, 2017 @ 18:04:18
@shinobinoz Said

I've been either dumb lucky or not reacted to recluse bites. We have lived with them all of my life. The Black Widows have been blooming as of late. I have to go into sweat lodge & clean it out before we do ceremony.

Mutts are often the very best dogs.

Yeah, they love damn, warm places. My dad's friend runs a sweat lodge and he has to go and clear them out every so often. There are a ton of black widows in Kamloops.

"In a strange way, I think he knows we're his friends..." --Billy, four seconds before getting crushed by a tree. (1967-1975)
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#24New Post! Apr 28, 2017 @ 21:48:34
@psycoskunk Said

Yeah, they love damn, warm places. My dad's friend runs a sweat lodge and he has to go and clear them out every so often. There are a ton of black widows in Kamloops.

"In a strange way, I think he knows we're his friends..." --Billy, four seconds before getting crushed by a tree. (1967-1975)

Spiders I catch & take outside. Widows & Browners meet a quick & timely end!
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#25New Post! Apr 29, 2017 @ 11:33:04
@twilitezone911 Said

I was a kid, I like playing with daddy long legs spiders. I used singed to them, wayne newton, " daddy, don't walk so fast! " then I pulled their legs off their bodies.

In forth grade I got in deep doo doo when I took a tarantula to school inside my shirt . I would stick my hand out for a friendly hand shake and my 'pet' would make an appearance out of the sleeve . I thought it was one of the funniest things I had ever done I mean , the look on a kids face when they looked down and seen what they had been about to 'shake hands with ' was hilarious .

see, my aunt told me how funny it was when as a kid she had taken a bull snake to school and let it wiggle out of the end of her sleeve when she would reach for some kids hand or something on their desk.
she left out that she had been sent home for 3 days for her trouble .

Those daddy long legs are said to be poisonous. that if they were a bigger spider their venom would be deadly .
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#26New Post! Apr 29, 2017 @ 15:05:39
@white_swan53 Said

In forth grade I got in deep doo doo when I took a tarantula to school inside my shirt . I would stick my hand out for a friendly hand shake and my 'pet' would make an appearance out of the sleeve . I thought it was one of the funniest things I had ever done I mean , the look on a kids face when they looked down and seen what they had been about to 'shake hands with ' was hilarious .

see, my aunt told me how funny it was when as a kid she had taken a bull snake to school and let it wiggle out of the end of her sleeve when she would reach for some kids hand or something on their desk.
she left out that she had been sent home for 3 days for her trouble .

Those daddy long legs are said to be poisonous. that if they were a bigger spider their venom would be deadly .

The entomologist in me........

Daddy long-legs most people refer to are actually not a spider & are in it's own order Ophiliones, also known as Harvestmen. They have only one body part & are definitely not poisonous. Insects have three head, thorax & abdomen. Spiders have two the abdomen & a combined head & thorax called the cephalothorax.

Daddy long-leg spiders also known as cellar spiders do indeed have very short "fangs" that are uncate. So does the Brown Recluse however. No known studies of their bite nor known human reactions to their bites have been reported.

Kewl creatures in any event.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs