AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#16New Post! Apr 11, 2017 @ 20:02:24
@Eaglebauer Said

Yeah well...maybe they can't beat their competitors but at least they can beat the customers.

They did manhandle my husband and there were tears. the opposite of friendly

Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#17New Post! Apr 11, 2017 @ 20:04:59
@DiscordTiger Said

They did manhandle my husband and there were tears. the opposite of friendly

Wowwwww...is that real???

I actually fly Southwest if I have the option to (they don't fly everywhere that airlines like American do).
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#18New Post! Apr 11, 2017 @ 20:17:03
@Eaglebauer Said

Wowwwww...is that real???

I actually fly Southwest if I have the option to (they don't fly everywhere that airlines like American do).

I have no proof it is more than a meme.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#19New Post! Apr 11, 2017 @ 23:39:31
@Eaglebauer Said

What's our vector, Victor?

dunno, What's the frequency Kenneth?
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#20New Post! Apr 12, 2017 @ 00:06:17
@Eaglebauer Said

What's our vector, Victor?

We've got clearance, Clarence.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#21New Post! Apr 12, 2017 @ 02:50:37
@psycoskunk Said

We've got clearance, Clarence.

Roger, Roger!
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#22New Post! Apr 12, 2017 @ 03:14:51
@Jennifer1984 Said

I'd call it "tragic".

A bit inappropriate to envisage the deaths of several hundred people just to make a point that is self explanatory from the footage, methinks.

I consider myself chastised

It would still be ironic though.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#23New Post! Apr 12, 2017 @ 05:05:04
Two additional thoughts that have come to mind on this since yesterday:

1. This is a prime example of what always, eventually, inevitably happens when an entity puts unwavering policy rules as priority over case by case empathy and negotiation. This is true for any company, any government agency. These employees were forced to stand by the book, but were inherently ill equipped to handle it once the book was rightfully thrown back at them.

2. The public backlash was as much about this particular case as it was about the airline business in general, especially post-911. This not only looks bad for United, but it hurts the entire industry. People were already upset over the way airports and airlines treat their customers. See #1. Heck, even Congress may look into this and possible rules changes. All airlines won't like this even if right now it's only United getting the backlash.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#24New Post! Apr 12, 2017 @ 05:09:03
@Jennifer1984 Said

I'd call it "tragic".

A bit inappropriate to envisage the deaths of several hundred people just to make a point that is self explanatory from the footage, methinks.

And perfectly human.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#25New Post! Apr 12, 2017 @ 11:40:05
@Leon Said

2. The public backlash was as much about this particular case as it was about the airline business in general, especially post-911. This not only looks bad for United, but it hurts the entire industry. People were already upset over the way airports and airlines treat their customers. See #1. Heck, even Congress may look into this and possible rules changes. All airlines won't like this even if right now it's only United getting the backlash.

They keep shrinking the seats to pack more cattle onto the plane, then turn around and "create" a roomier seat / row and charge a premium for those.

I'm glad my frequent flyer days are over.

Though, for as much as I flew (it wasn't a lot compared to some), I've had only a couple of problems.
Corey On January 25, 2022

Sacramento, California
#26New Post! Apr 13, 2017 @ 22:43:30
What is the problem? I thought that is how they always treat customers. I have an idea for customer control and screening. Make all the passengers strip naked and fly that way. Ship all the luggage and clothes on a separate plane. When they land let them get their clothes and luggage and get dressed again. Save a lot of time on screening them and they will be more docile and cooperative. The luggage planes could be programmed and pilot-less to prevent loss of life in extreme cases.

This is a parody and in no way to be serious.
Respectfully your
Corey.

NE, Ohio
#27New Post! Apr 13, 2017 @ 22:51:28
@Corey Said

What is the problem? I thought that is how they always treat customers. I have an idea for customer control and screening. Make all the passengers strip naked and fly that way. Ship all the luggage and clothes on a separate plane. When they land let them get their clothes and luggage and get dressed again. Save a lot of time on screening them and they will be more docile and cooperative. The luggage planes could be programmed and pilot-less to prevent loss of life in extreme cases.

Respectfully your
Corey.

Great Idea!

Imagine how many more paying passengers they could stuff on the planes without all that weight from the luggage!

And like you said - just an auto/drone plane following behind with the cargo.

After a few years they'll see how the pilot-less planes have fewer emergencies and start phasing out pilots
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#28New Post! Apr 13, 2017 @ 23:06:33
why airlines always give us, a small bags of peanuts.

years ago, when i flew not on the wing of the plane. but i seating on a plane seat.

i remember this about close twenty years ago, i counted peanuts in a small bag. i think they were fourteen to sixteen per bag.

you wonder why these bags are so small, but have a lot of peanuts. not a lot of peanuts in a bag.

but you think the airlines would give a big bag of peanuts. the idea of airlines to get more passengers to paid for their drinks.

just because kids are boozing up on the airlines, doesn't mean adults have to suffer?
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#29New Post! Apr 13, 2017 @ 23:22:55
@Corey Said

Respectfully your
Corey.

@mrmhead Said

Great Idea!

Imagine how many more paying passengers they could stuff on the planes without all that weight from the luggage!

And like you said - just an auto/drone plane following behind with the cargo.

After a few years they'll see how the pilot-less planes have fewer emergencies and start phasing out pilots

Unless they conduct cavity searches, supervised restroom visits, and bodily x-rays, even this is not foolproof.

NE, Ohio
#30New Post! Apr 14, 2017 @ 02:32:30
The attorney further said that Dao had conveyed to him that "being dragged down the aisle was more horrifying and harrowing than what he experienced in Vietnam" when he was on a boat after the 1975 fall of Saigon.
https://www.cnn.com/2017/04/13/travel/united-passenger-pulled-off-flight-lawsuit-family-attorney-speak/index.html

... that's going a little overboard, I think.

Next you'll have Alt-Spicer commenting the officers were like guards at Auschwitz

Take your 15 minutes and your $15 million and be done with it.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs