Antarctica
PLS: ? 21.76

ProfileJournalFriendsPostsPics

Post digestive nuggets
TFS Journal

mrmhead

New Post! March 25, 2017 @ 01:01:02 pm
@chaski Said

What if you are consciousness and in a state of full awareness..

...however, because you took some psychotropic drugs, you perceive some things that aren't really there?

There's also the (theory, story, fact ...?) that you actually "perceive" much more that you are actually aware of.
Your consciousness just can't handle all of that input at once. So the brain has learned to filter out all of the (mostly) unnecessary noise.

And Sleep is supposedly one way for your brain to sort and file all of that information while it is not being bombarded by more input.

mrmhead

New Post! March 25, 2017 @ 01:03:38 pm
@Erimitus Said

OP:How large does an object have to be in order to be perceived?

Upon more carful analysis this question does not make any sense. An object (by definition) is perceptible. Duh!

It makes sense - in a sense

It just may not be presented in the way to get to the answer you are looking for.

How do you get to Carnegie Hall?

Erimitus

New Post! March 25, 2017 @ 01:14:08 pm
M: It just may not be presented in the way to get to the answer you are looking for.

E: yeah...

M: How do you get to Carnegie Hall?

E: from where?

---------------

What are the requisites of perception???

Erimitus

New Post! March 25, 2017 @ 01:20:01 pm
@mrmhead Said

There's also the (theory, story, fact ...?) that you actually "perceive" much more that you are actually aware of.
Your consciousness just can't handle all of that input at once. So the brain has learned to filter out all of the (mostly) unnecessary noise.

And Sleep is supposedly one way for your brain to sort and file all of that information while it is not being bombarded by more input.

The way I understand it conscious perception is just the tip of the iceberg.

chaski

Stalker

New Post! March 25, 2017 @ 03:05:22 pm
@Erimitus Said

Or maybe, just maybe, you perceive things as they really are....

I think that Timothy Leary would agree with that.

Erimitus

New Post! March 25, 2017 @ 05:09:54 pm
@chaski Said

I think that Timothy Leary would agree with that.

What if you perceive things as they really are and you don't like it. You cannot un-know it. Gotta be carful what you put into your mind. (and your mouth too I suppose)

mrmhead

New Post! March 25, 2017 @ 06:09:36 pm
@Erimitus Said

What if you perceive things as they really are and you don't like it. You cannot un-know it. Gotta be carful what you put into your mind. (and your mouth too I suppose)

So Ignorance is Bliss

is better than

Reality is Hell

... but you won't know until you look.

You can believe in both.

The cat is both alive and dead.

mrmhead

New Post! March 25, 2017 @ 06:14:09 pm
Though, I realize, after I hit "Post" that they are not mutually exclusive, and they do not have to follow the same set of standards.

I'll get back to housework cleaning and the associated chemicals and let you know if I come up with something more...

Erimitus

New Post! March 25, 2017 @ 06:28:27 pm
@mrmhead Said

So Ignorance is Bliss

is better than

Reality is Hell

You can believe in both.

Erimitus

New Post! March 25, 2017 @ 06:31:09 pm
@mrmhead Said

So Ignorance is Bliss

is better than

Reality is Hell

You can believe in both.

I believe that Schrodinger was being sarcastic.

Erimitus

New Post! March 25, 2017 @ 06:33:11 pm
@mrmhead Said

Though, I realize, after I hit "Post" that they are not mutually exclusive, and they do not have to follow the same set of standards.

I'll get back to housework cleaning and the associated chemicals and let you know if I come up with something more...

I have been having recurring bouts of reality. Luckily I have reality canceling medication.

chaski

Stalker

New Post! March 25, 2017 @ 06:37:54 pm
@Erimitus Said

Yes.

...a story goes that Lord Byron the poet was taken to dinner by the rich Lady somebody or other...fancy restaurant and all that....

Lord Byron ordered potatoes with vinegar (at the time the fare of the lower classes).

Lady somebody or other ask why he didn't order something better (pheasant, roast beef, etc).

Lord Byron, who was a bit impoverished at the time, replied something like "tomorrow I will be without food and I'd rather not remember and long for a fine meal"

Of something like that....

Pages: << · 1 2
Quote | Reply