News & Current Events

Trump version: Let them eat cake!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#1New Post! Mar 19, 2017 @ 19:42:47
Trump's trips to Florida have surpassed Obama's annual expenditures. At this rate he will outspend the 8 years of Obama's tenure around the end of his 1st year.

"President Trump doesn’t want to spend federal dollars on after-school programs, meals for poor people, or heating assistance that helps keep folks alive.
But he has no problem wasting more than $3 million a pop to spend weekends at his private Mar-a-Lago club in Florida. Trump has already made four trips there since becoming president on January 20, and on Friday he confirmed he’s headed there this weekend for the fifth time." *We are up to 7 trips now*

At least 6 times golfing after critizing Obama * promising :“would rarely leave the White House because there’s so much work to be done” and “would not be a president who took vacations” because “you don’t have time to take time off”

So to make it easier to get there & golf (alt-fact: will save public money having to shut down airports, highways, roads & bridges) He is having an updated helipad installed (who's paying for this?) to accommodate Marine 1.

Cost to American taxpayers for each trip to Mar-A-Lago: $3M +
Cost to Palm Beach Airports each time Trump flies by: $215,000
Cost to local & state Law Enforcement in Palm Beach: $60,000 (PER DAY that Trump's there)
Cost to NY to guard Trump Tower: $183M (PER YEAR)
Hypocritically two-facing alt-facting the american taxpayer: PRICELESS!

FYI Judicial Watch estimated Obama-related travel expenses totaled nearly $97 million over eight years.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. After the election Trump doubled the Mar-A-Lago club initiation fees to $200,000 not counting taxes & annual $14,000 dues.

Clicky here
Double Clicky
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#2New Post! Mar 21, 2017 @ 02:33:31
It is estimated that if Donald Trump continues Mar-a-Lago visits at this pace, and is in office for four years, those costs will amount to over $600 million dollars, the same amount he is cutting for the elderly, children, homeless, and people that need access to higher education.

The Washington Post reports on a 2013 literature review that reports a home delivery meal system “significantly improves” diet, quality of life, nutritional risk among seniors. It also reduces loneliness and increases socialization.

And Meals on Wheels is cheaper than nursing homes, by millions. The literature review reported on by the Post shows that the costs for one month of a nursing home stay in a standard care facility (not upgraded) costs the same amount as providing Meals on Wheels to one participant for seven years, five days a week.

Each meal provided by Meals on Wheels costs $7.15 USD. One of Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago trips costs $3.5 million. That amount for one visit, forked over by taxpayers, could feed almost half a million seniors that desperately need Meals on Wheels, or send approximately 800 needy children to college for four years.
f*** Trump!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#3New Post! Mar 21, 2017 @ 02:40:34
"Over 17 months of stumping for the presidency, the Donald Trump campaign spent an astonishing $11,355,406 patronizing businesses bearing his name, according to a review of filings with the Federal Election Commission conducted by The Daily Beast.
That total includes payments to The Trump Corporation, The Trump Security, Trump Cafe, Trump Grill, Trump Hotel, Doral Golf Resort, Eric Trump Wine Manufacturing, LLC, The Mar a Lago Club LLC, Trump Plaza LLC, Trump International Golf Club, Trump National Golf Club, Trump Old Post Office LLC, Trump Park Avenue LLC, Trump International Hotel, Trump Restaurants, Trump SoHo, Trump Tower, TAG Air, Inc., Trump Virginia Acquisitions, LLC, Trump CPS LLC and Trump ICE LLC."
King Trump
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#4New Post! Mar 21, 2017 @ 02:50:11
For Trump, the costs come with an additional perk: Some of the money flows into his own pocket. While Trump has removed himself from managing his company, he has refused to divest his ownership, meaning that he benefits from corporate successes such as government contracts.

The Defense Department and Secret Service, for instance, have sought to rent space in Trump Tower, where leasing a floor can cost $1.5 million a year – though neither agency has disclosed any details. In addition, Trump’s travel to his signature properties while trailed by a press corps beaming images to the world allows the official business of the presidency to double as marketing opportunities for his brand.
His Royalness
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Mar 21, 2017 @ 05:26:39
So, he's giving himself expensive holidays, cutting care to the elderly, the needy and impoverished and he's funnelling public money towards his own financial interests.

I hope you don't mind, but I've taken some of your facts and figures (but not the actual posts themselves, just the stats) and posted them on a thread I'm involved with over yonder in the online LGBT-world.

The proposition over there is that the monarchy should be abolished in favour of a British Republic, with an elected President as head of state. One of the Brit Republicans main arguments is that our monarchy is an elitist waste of money and spends money frivolously on Royal tours. They say a politician at the top would be more responsible and less expensive . I disagree. Vehemently.

Thanks for the ammo, Shino. Love ya..!!
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#6New Post! Mar 21, 2017 @ 06:24:22
I'm pretty sure meals on wheels were 6.50 in my state.

I paid full price as we didn't need the financial help, I needed someone to check in on my husband so I'd feel ok about going back to work, while he was recovering.

Wouldn't of managed without them.

It's more than the food though, and even the volunteers (drivers, cooks etc). There is just logistical expenses, development of the menus, nutrition studies, maintaining website, organization etc that really needs more than what they can function on volunteers and donations.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#7New Post! Mar 22, 2017 @ 02:02:53
Israel threatens Syria
NK threatens US Troops in Japan
Tillerson threatens NK

How's the wind on the back 9?
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#8New Post! Mar 22, 2017 @ 04:04:46
@mrmhead Said