Forums:
News & Current Events

ROE vs WADE

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#1New Post! Feb 19, 2017 @ 00:45:22
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/18/obituaries/norma-mccorvey-dead-roe-v-wade.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Norma McCorvey, the anonymous plaintiff in Roe v. Wade, the landmark 1973 Supreme Court ruling that legalized abortion in the United States, reshaping the nation’s social and political landscapes and inflaming one of the most divisive controversies of the past half-century, died on Saturday in Katy, Tex. She was 69.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#2New Post! Feb 19, 2017 @ 00:51:09
Rest in peace Norma. You didn't get much in life. You deserve it in death.
chaski On about 14 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#3New Post! Feb 19, 2017 @ 00:59:23
I personally find it very convenient that she had an abortion and fought for her right to have one all the way to the Supreme Court...

...but later changed her mind and decided that other women should not have abortions.

As a twice converted christian (born-again Christian and as a Roman Catholic), I wonder if she thought that her god should punish her for committing the mortal sin of abortion...murder.

Was she willing to go to hell for eternity for her murderous sin?

Or did she somehow justify her evil sin, while not justifying it for others.

I wonder.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Feb 19, 2017 @ 01:05:03
I remember in 1889, they made tv movie about her and her cause.it was called" roe vs wade ". this was the first time, I ever heard about her cause. It was an excellent tv movie.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#5New Post! Feb 19, 2017 @ 01:25:13
@chaski Said

I personally find it very convenient that she had an abortion and fought for her right to have one all the way to the Supreme Court...

...but later changed her mind and decided that other women should not have abortions.

As a twice converted christian (born-again Christian and as a Roman Catholic), I wonder if she thought that her god should punish her for committing the mortal sin of abortion...murder.

Was she willing to go to hell for eternity for her murderous sin?

Or did she somehow justify her evil sin, while not justifying it for others.

I wonder.

As I understand it she had her baby and gave it up for adoption. when she won the case no one even told her. The case was never about her.

also: rest in peace.
chaski On about 14 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#6New Post! Feb 19, 2017 @ 01:50:53
@Erimitus Said

As I understand it she had her baby and gave it up for adoption. when she won the case no one even told her. The case was never about her.

also: rest in peace.

It would seem that you are correct, and thus my statements and question were irrelevant.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#7New Post! Feb 19, 2017 @ 13:19:21
@twilitezone911 Said

I remember in 1889, they made tv movie about her and her cause.it was called" roe vs wade ". this was the first time, I ever heard about her cause. It was an excellent tv movie.

But it didn't get very good Nielsen ratings, as the television wasn't invented until about 40 years later.

twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#8New Post! Feb 19, 2017 @ 13:48:44
@mrmhead Said

But it didn't get very good Nielsen ratings, as the television wasn't invented until about 40 years later.

interesting about this movie, you rarely see on tv over the years. I have seen the movie twice. I guess abortion is taboo on tv, because of the subject matter.

#9New Post! Feb 19, 2017 @ 19:30:14
@mrmhead Said

Some of the early gas powered TVs were introduced before the turn of the century.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Feb 20, 2017 @ 17:10:47
It's never failed to amaze me how a country that has the death penalty, and constitutionally promotes the right of its citizens to go around with firearms with the inevitable consequence that they will randomly shoot each other, often for no apparent reason.... And allows police officers to shoot black people without any cause for doing so other than that the person who ends up dead is (was) black..... where it is considered OK to shoot somebody if they try to steal your TV and this is not considered "excessive force"......

How can you get so cranky about abortion..?

Making a medical procedure legally available so that women won't have to go to butchers who operate in back streets, often without qualification or even use clean instruments. You quibble about legislation that ensures the patient will get good pre-op advice, a clean and efficient procedure and decent post-op aftercare..... this is something you can't get your heads around and spend decades arguing over.....

And yet, kids can have their birthday parties on firing ranges, and own a gun from a ridiculously early age. Mass killings take place in school playgrounds as an almost everyday occurrence and nobody bats an eyelid except the bereaved families, many who support the right to carry firearms until it's their kids who end up dead. And according to one of the most influential organisations in the country (the NRA) the answer to people getting killed in shootings is more gun ownership..!!

Do you not consider that a rather odd set of priorities..?

#11New Post! Feb 20, 2017 @ 17:52:34
@Erimitus Said

Some of the early gas powered TVs were introduced before the turn of the century.

And the steam powered TVs go way back.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#12New Post! Feb 20, 2017 @ 17:59:16
@Jennifer1984 Said

It's never failed to amaze me how a country that has the death penalty, and constitutionally promotes the right of its citizens to go around with firearms with the inevitable consequence that they will randomly shoot each other, often for no apparent reason.... And allows police officers to shoot black people without any cause for doing so other than that the person who ends up dead is (was) black..... where it is considered OK to shoot somebody if they try to steal your TV and this is not considered "excessive force"......

How can you get so cranky about abortion..?

Making a medical procedure legally available so that women won't have to go to butchers who operate in back streets, often without qualification or even use clean instruments. You quibble about legislation that ensures the patient will get good pre-op advice, a clean and efficient procedure and decent post-op aftercare..... this is something you can't get your heads around and spend decades arguing over.....

And yet, kids can have their birthday parties on firing ranges, and own a gun from a ridiculously early age. Mass killings take place in school playgrounds as an almost everyday occurrence and nobody bats an eyelid except the bereaved families, many who support the right to carry firearms until it's their kids who end up dead. And according to one of the most influential organisations in the country (the NRA) the answer to people getting killed in shootings is more gun ownership..!!

Your hyperbole will detract from the argument.

Those on the street fighting abortion probably don't want any lives to end.

Those in the chambers and on the hill are "Fighting the good fight" with other people's good money.

And if you follow the money, there is no dichotomy.

Or you could put a cynical spin on it:
Every abortion means one less gun owner
One less ER patient
One less casket sold

#13New Post! Feb 20, 2017 @ 18:20:08
Ecclesiastes 4:3
Magically Delicious

#14New Post! Feb 20, 2017 @ 18:24:58
@Jennifer1984 Said

Yes.
Magically Delicious

#15New Post! Feb 20, 2017 @ 18:28:07
@mrmhead Said

Your hyperbole will detract from the argument.

Those on the street fighting abortion probably don't want any lives to end.

Those in the chambers and on the hill are "Fighting the good fight" with other people's good money.

And if you follow the money, there is no dichotomy.

Or you could put a cynical spin on it:
Every abortion means one less gun owner
One less ER patient
One less casket sold

The reality is, as a voting bloc and an ideological set anti abortion folks are in lockstep with the pro gun folks pretty much.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs