shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#1New Post! Feb 12, 2017 @ 16:13:55
Looky what Trump's FCC pick is doing.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#2New Post! Feb 12, 2017 @ 18:50:49

Oh goody. Net Neutrality is back up for debate...again. And of course i can't figure out where on the FCC's own website it talks about this stuff. So much for transparency. We can see illegal immigrant private information in the interests of transparency, but the FCC hides it's own information because of course it does.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#3New Post! Feb 13, 2017 @ 00:50:02
@nooneinparticular Said

Oh goody. Net Neutrality is back up for debate...again. And of course i can't figure out where on the FCC's own website it talks about this stuff. So much for transparency. We can see illegal immigrant private information in the interests of transparency, but the FCC hides it's own information because of course it does.

Different standards of course. Remember how the pubs were so all up in arms if Obama did not have his stuff up for his self imposed 5 day review period. Now they seem hypocritically ready to allow Trump to be required to no such review.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#4New Post! Feb 13, 2017 @ 17:54:01
Yes, I remember reading about his views when he was nominated.

When I "wondered" what an administration run by businessmen would look like, I meant run by businessmen, but for the people. Not buy businessmen, for businesses ....

Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#5New Post! Feb 13, 2017 @ 18:55:52
@mrmhead Said

When I "wondered" what an administration run by businessmen would look like, I meant run by businessmen, but for the people. Not buy businessmen, for businesses ....

But corporations are people too doncha know?

Or are you racist against corporations? Uh? Uh? Are ya?
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#6New Post! Feb 14, 2017 @ 02:48:26
@mrmhead Said

The problem with that scenario is that it results in shortsighted reactionary behavior. A business perspective always looks to short term profit first and long term viability later, if ever. Likewise, a business model is inherently structured where the concerns of the 'cogs in the machine' are very rarely heard. The entire makeup of a business model relies on power starting at the top and working it's way down. Checks and balances are not a part of a business model.

Taken in that light, the only scenario that gives the voting public power akin to the structure of a company is one where the voting public is considered analogous with a company's shareholders. This would be an interesting interpretation except for one key problem. The voting public, as a whole, does not have the ability to vote on the removal of a CEO at any point in time. That is Congress' job. The shareholder with power is Congress, not the voting public. If Congress is happy, than chances are impeachment proceedings won't happen.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs