Australia - 7% Priests Alleged to be Perpetrators

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#1New Post! Feb 06, 2017 @ 11:29:40
Yup - 7%

Quote:
The commission found, between January 1980 and February 2015, there were 4,444 victims of alleged sex abuse.

Quote:
From three separate data surveys and witness testimonies, the commission found 7% of priests belonging to 75 Catholic Church authorities were alleged perpetrators.

Quote:
The average age of victims at the time of abuse was 10.5 for girls and 11.6 for boys.

Quote:
At least 1,880 alleged perpetrators were identified, according to the commission.

Quote:
Of the alleged perpetrators, 32% were religious brothers, 30% were priests, 29% were lay people and 5% were religious sisters.

Quote:
Within religious orders, the frequency was higher. Over 40% of St John of God Brothers were accused of abuse.

So... this is Australia. Anyone think America is any different? In my grade school parish, we had a molester. I was fortunate and rebuffed his advances.

"Come sit on my lap and tell me what you've done wrong, little girl." Yeah that was creepy. Never did a real confession again after that. But at least one, if not two, of the boys in my class were not so lucky. And the church protected him for years. He was never officially defrocked, paid no consequences for the lives he ruined.

Ironically enough, he probably did me a favor as that was one of the major acts that drove me away from the church - well besides all the illogical bulls***, but that's another post.

Seven freakin' percent of priests. That's more than 1 out of 20. Outrageous. Disgraceful. Heartbreaking.
badger2 On February 07, 2017

Madison, Wisconsin
#2New Post! Feb 06, 2017 @ 15:42:45
White Tiger Morphing

Manila: Falvey molested Duterte, and now the latter is seeking revenge by whacking meth heads whilst aligning with the Chinese. Chinese White Tiger 'a 14-year-old girl.'
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#3New Post! Feb 06, 2017 @ 16:20:17
@badger2 Said

White Tiger Morphing

Manila: Falvey molested Duterte, and now the latter is seeking revenge by whacking meth heads whilst aligning with the Chinese. Chinese White Tiger 'a 14-year-old girl.'

Don't share your drugs with anyone else.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#4New Post! Feb 06, 2017 @ 17:38:11
The sad thing is that whenever there are incidents like this, they just 'rotate' the priests/ministers/etc... to a different church or parish in a different town and just repeat the process over. No closure for the families, no justice for the victims, no problem for the Church to cover up.

Reminds me of that episode of South Park where they were talking about the priests molesting the children and then Father Maxi is the one reasonable person who says 'well, can't we just not have sex with little boys?' and then everyone starts 'rabble rabble rabbling' in protest.

Sadly, it won't let me play the clip in my region for whatever reason, but here's the scene.

Vatican Meeting
badger2 On February 07, 2017

Madison, Wisconsin
#5New Post! Feb 06, 2017 @ 18:29:58
#3: Crazy enough, published literature is enough.

"When you put on a mask, you leave your own time, you abandon the world in which any sincerity will be mocked, you move into the world of cartoon heroes...."
(Nadya Tolokonnikova, Pussy Riot prison correspondence, 11 Mar 2014)
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs