Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
NNewt84 On July 19, 2018

Adelaide, Australia
#61New Post! Jan 29, 2017 @ 14:38:43
@Jennifer1984 Said

What article..?

Um... the one the very first post on this thread is linked to?
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#62New Post! Jan 29, 2017 @ 14:38:54
@NNewt84 Said

Wait... I just realised that that article comes from the Huffington Post. So doesn't that kind of invalidate it?

shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#63New Post! Jan 29, 2017 @ 14:39:47
@NNewt84 Said

Um... the one the very first post on this thread is linked to?

Give ya a week or two & you'll catch on?
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#65New Post! Jan 29, 2017 @ 21:46:39
Oh poo. I got -2.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#66New Post! Jan 29, 2017 @ 22:08:49
I try those first shooter games, but twilite like to get a gun start shooting at me in my post, and screaming at me, " you shot Kenny! "
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#69New Post! Apr 22, 2018 @ 05:19:56
@NNewt84 Said

But here's the thing: you guys dismiss Infowars and Breitbart as unreliable sources all the time, so it's pretty hypocritical of you to use the Huffington Post as a source when it's pretty much the left's equivalent of those sites.

Idiotic statement.

The Huffington Post may lean to the left, but it is nothing like InfoWars... and not much like Breitbart either.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#71New Post! Apr 22, 2018 @ 06:08:55
@NNewt84 Said

But what makes a left-wing source inherently better than a right-wing source?

Nothing "makes a left-wing source inherently better than a right-wing source".

Your choice of right-wing source, in the case of InfoWars, happens to be a complete idiot nut bag (Alex Jones) who has admitted publicly that he is an actor and his show is not about reality.

And in the case of Breitbart, a group that is nearly devoid of anything factual.

At least in the case of the Huffington post, they periodically post real and fact stories.

Of course the preference for an intelligent human being would be to avoid the Huffington Post for more neutral media outlets; to avoid Breitbart completely as they are extremists feeding BS to the gullible and willfully ignorant; and only go to InfoWars when one is the mood for ridiculous comedy... oh leave YouTube to what it is best at music and comedy videos or the periodic mini-documentary (of course there are better sources for both of those things as well).
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#72New Post! Apr 24, 2018 @ 16:37:24
@NNewt84 Said

I love how you conveniently left out the part where Ariel saves Eric's life from drowning.

And how is that incident at all tied to how independent she is as a character? To how fleshed out she is as a character? To how compelling? An act of kindness is not a substitute for a character or a sense of agency, simply a way to convey that. Alone, it signifies nothing and in context of her other actions I fail to see how that changes.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#73New Post! Apr 24, 2018 @ 16:55:28
@NNewt84 Said

But here's the thing: you guys dismiss Infowars and Breitbart as unreliable sources all the time, so it's pretty hypocritical of you to use the Huffington Post as a source when it's pretty much the left's equivalent of those sites.

Also, comparing them to YouTube is a false equivalence, because YouTube is a much more diverse platform, with dozens of various political leanings from across the board. HuffPo, on the other hand, is exclusively left-leaning, so there's bound to be plenty of bias there. So, it'd be like if I criticised someone for constantly eating at McDonald's, and they came back at me with, "Why not? You always go to [insert shopping centre]."

I cannot control other people, but I do not dismiss stories based simply on the site they came from, no matter what that might be. Also, Youtube is a hosting site. Saying that Youtube has credibility simply because it has variety is like saying the internet has no bias simply because it has variety. Variety does not automatically assume no bias. You can pull any number of things from youtube practically immediately. From conspiracy theories to MRA's and Feminazi's. Doesn't mean that any of them are inherently credible or not, and it certainly doesn't mean anything on there is inherently more credible then anything you'll find on the MSM.

I love variety. I love that humanity is so varied, but I am not so blinded as to believe that variety does not create it's own set of problems. Variety does not inherently lead to no bias. Not when people can shop for what they want to believe and find it at their fingertips.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs