Forums:
Q & A

Question about home lighting

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Deal_With_It On May 24, 2022

Stevens Pass, Washington
#1New Post! Jan 08, 2017 @ 03:50:59
The power to my house goes out a number of times during the year. Usually it's caused by trees that have been blown down and brings down power lines near by my home. My normally wonderful dog Matte comes unglued when the lights go out but if I'm home I light a few candles and all is well but.... Like today while I was at the theater a tree came down a couple of miles from my place shutting off my power and Matte was by herself. She got in my closet and tore down some shelving, dug up a section of carpet, got to the Venetian blinds from the couch, shredded my bed pillow plus damage to other items.
Like I said she's normally great. I work graveyard and leave a lamp and a radio on. What I'd like to know is if anyone knows how I could find or make a lamp the would switch to battery power when the power goes out. My radio has a back up battery so it's stays on when I lose electricity. So why couldn't a lamp work the same way?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Mankysparrow On April 26, 2017

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jan 08, 2017 @ 08:17:22
if I was you, I would try changing her mind set about it, when your home turn off all the light give her loads of attention and treats, so in the end she will not see the lights going out as a bad thing, try it, if your consistent it will not take long.

Stevens Pass, Washington
#3New Post! Jan 08, 2017 @ 08:40:12
@Mankysparrow Said

if I was you, I would try changing her mind set about it, when your home turn off all the light give her loads of attention and treats, so in the end she will not see the lights going out as a bad thing, try it, if your consistent it will not take long.

I'll have to try that. Thanks for the suggestion Mankysparrow!
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#4New Post! Jan 08, 2017 @ 15:30:12
A small battery backup UPS meant for computers should run a lamp or two for hours.

Stevens Pass, Washington
#5New Post! Jan 08, 2017 @ 20:17:57
@Mankysparrow Said

I may be able to start 'dark therapy' today. The winds are pretty high right now. A neighbor called and told me one of their alders came down but only fell against one of his maples. He's lucky.
I will keep my candles nearby though. I may need them so I don't freak out!

Stevens Pass, Washington
#6New Post! Jan 08, 2017 @ 20:19:13
@mrmhead Said

A small battery backup UPS meant for computers should run a lamp or two for hours.

I'll check it out. The only UPS I'm familiar with are the BIG BROWN TRUCKS. Hahahaha
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#7New Post! Jan 08, 2017 @ 20:28:59
@Deal_With_It Said

I'll check it out. The only UPS I'm familiar with are the BIG BROWN TRUCKS. Hahahaha

that the brown truck that ups use has the back up storage battery under the truck.

before their trucks had a clown on the top of the roof, and under the truck a box that had a crank stick on the top of the box.

so the driver ran out of power, he will use crank to start up the truck. the problem with that idea was the clown on top stick out his tongue at you.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs