The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Entertainment

NNewt84's Livestream Announcement - January 2017!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...9 10 11
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#151New Post! Jan 03, 2017 @ 18:44:51
@chaski Said

ME!!! Oh Me!!! I do!!!!! I do!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh..Oh...Oh.....

Chaski... do you really eat that s*** up...?
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#152New Post! Jan 03, 2017 @ 18:51:41
@psycoskunk Said

Chaski... do you really eat that s*** up...?

B U S T E D !

chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#155New Post! Jan 04, 2017 @ 00:37:46
@NNewt84 Said

The reason she blocks comments is because she gets a lot of comments from the "misogynists" I usually post videos from - you know, the people who debunk her points.

As I said "this suggests that a majority of people that watch her videos do not agree."

You said that "Everyone just eats that s*** up."

Apparently not.

@NNewt84 Said

Did you know she's a member of the Trust and Safety Council on Twitter?

No I didn't know that, and I don't care. I suppose if I cared I might be a Trump Twitter follower...but I'm not.

@NNewt84 Said

And again, her disabling comments only proved how much of a feminazi she is, which was my entire point to begin with - that she's just another feminazi.

You seem very disturbed by one person, who, apparently, most people do not agree with.

Strange waste of time on your part.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#156New Post! Jan 04, 2017 @ 00:39:11
Also the NATIONAL CENTER FOR MISSING AND EXPLOITED CHILDREN would be a feminazi organization.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#163New Post! Jan 07, 2017 @ 12:48:22
@NNewt84 Said

But here's the thing: feminists gush about female sexuality as though it's the absolute epitome of female empowerment, as if it's the only possible way a girl will ever feel happy about herself. But what if a girl doesn't want to express her sexuality?

And that's ignoring that men can also be sexy. Have you ever seen totally ripped guys walking around shirtless? I'm sure most of us have at some point. And guess what? Heterosexual women probably find that more attractive than they find women with similar amounts of sex appeal - because, you know, they're attracted to men. This is what I was referring to when I said Flavio the Hippo is just as sexualised as his wife, yet the lady at Cracked just ignored him in favour of the wife, Marita.

'Owning the s*** out of your sexuality' means being comfortable with who you are and how you look, it's not some kind of forced provocative thing. If you want to be sexy and flaunt it you can, if you don't that's fine too. As long as a woman makes a decision of how to present herself through her own free will, then that's all that matters, and that's what 'owning the s*** out of your sexuality' means.

Quote:

My point was that they're gushing about "strong female characters" like it's the 1980s, even though, at the time of that video, it was 2015, and the idea of strong female characters has pretty much become the norm nowadays, so we should be treating it as normal by now. And hence, I listed off examples of female characters from previous media, such as Alien, Mary Poppins, and even going as far back as Little Audrey just to prove my point.

And my point still stands. Just because society has gotten better about "strong, female characters" doesn't mean that the issue went away. there are a whole plethora of examples one could pick for the other side as well. If we're going to argue over which is more represented, than that's an exercise in inconsequential nonsense.

Quote:

Now, while I'll admit, you do make a decent point here, I will ask: wouldn't you be concerned with the law in this scenario? I mean, considering it is illegal to do it with someone other than your spouse. Even if all parties consent to the action, the law generally doesn't care - and even if all parties agree to keep it a secret, it might accidentally slip one day, and perpetrator(s) might get into big trouble. True, it'd be nice if the law distinguished between adultery and swinging, but for now we'll just have to make do with what we've got - sorry.

I've heard of a very small amount of swinger parties being shut down, usually due to other illegal activities at the time. Now we could argue over whether these were really happening or just a pretext to shut down these parties, but the fact remains that, legally speaking, as far as I could tell, being a swinger is not illegal.

Quote:

Also, I really don't think this would fly as well if, say, the man did it with another woman. When you write these kinds of stories that involve at least two characters of the opposite sex, you really have to ask yourself: "Would this be as acceptable if the genders were reversed?"

And this is where writing good characters comes into play. You need to make your audience believe that everyone involved is fine with the arrangement. If you can't pull that off satisfactorily than you need to reconsider doing it in the first place. You don't just throw in swingers randomly, they need to be set up correctly, with time and effort put in to shape a full character, not just a swinger vehicle. If you shoehorn, your audience will rebel, especially if we're talking about topics that people get passionate about.

Quote:

But how is the inclusion of more female characters "covering the hole in the ground with a board"? I mean, I understand if you're referring to diversity quotas - which are the scum of gender diversity, since they basically amount to treating girls and women as a statistic, and creating a Catch 22 scenario where they still don't get the same treatment as their male counterparts - but considering the vast variety of female characters which actually have depth, personality, and their own charm and likability, there's a very high chance a lot of them weren't created for the sole purpose of filling gender quotas, but instead created as characters in their own right, which the writers genuinely wanted to write about because that was their passion. If anything, these kinds of characters are filling in the hole, since they're proving that it is possible to depict femaleness as simply another normal, physical attribute, and it is possible - and even necessary - to not make everything relate back to their sex.

Bringing more empowered female characters with even an illusion of agency is a great step. I'm not saying that adding more women is 'covering a hole with a board'. I'm saying that acting like what we have now is good enough is 'covering a hole with a board'.

Quote:

I mean, I wouldn't mind it so much, female characters' story arcs revolving around their gender, if it were just as common for male characters, but it isn't. Like, say if there were a guy who got sexually abused by a woman as a child, and has grown to hate all women as a result. But one day, as an adult, he's being mocked by some girls for being some "creepy perving rapist", until some random young woman stands up for him by giving these girls either a good beat-down or a good talking to. Grateful for this random act of kindness, he is instantly drawn to her, and he starts to realise that there do exist some good women after all. Yes, as corny as that sounds, is that not a scenario where the male protagonist's story revolves around his gender? So how come you rarely see that, then? Instead, it's mostly the girls who are subject to this, and I think it's unfair that their existence has to revolve around their gender all the time, when to them, being female is just normal, so wouldn't it make more sense for both sexes to get this treatment? Just saying?

That's a story that revolves around a man's gender? Really? That's a rom-com setup if I ever saw one, not one revolving around gender. Just because you make a man's or woman's personal issues revolve around the opposite sex does not make it a story about gender. A story about gender should explore the differences and similarities in between different points in the gender spectrum. Or it should revolve around a man or woman coming to grips with their own sex and what it means for who they are. 'Is it manly to be sensitive?' 'Is it feminine to be physically strong?' 'Do either of these things really matter to the people involved?' These are stories revolving around gender.

Just because you flip the roles between the man and woman in a rom-com does not make the story any better, any more progressive, or any more interesting.

As an aside, I do not doubt for a second that you wouldn't mind the reverse if it were 'just as common', but not everyone thinks that way. To assume that a reversal would solve anyone's problem other than your own is just a bit arrogant.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...9 10 11

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs