Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...7 8 9
chaski On about 6 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#121New Post! Nov 21, 2016 @ 17:48:31
@white_swan53 Said

I seen a graphic picture the other day next to a picture of young people in a safe place with looks of horror on their faces . If it wasn't si graphic I would post it , but your own imaginatonswill do nicely I'm sure.

the split pictures were as I hnave alreadysaid one was of todays youth in a safe place. the capton said eighteen year olds in 2016 needing a safe place in case their feelings were being hurt. the other side caption was 194? eighteen year olds storming normandy beach heading into near certain death to ... and that picture was of a part of the actul beach after the fighting was done and littered with diozens of bodies and a few soilders walking among the bodies with tears streaming down their faces .

Well hyperbolic comparisons certainly have their place.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#122New Post! Nov 21, 2016 @ 17:54:59
@chaski Said

Well hyperbolic comparisons certainly have their place.

I realised when I first seen it that it was over kill ( no pun intended ) on both ends of the issue . but taken in context , it did bring home the facts of the way we as a sociaty have 'coddled' our youngsters for the past 3 or 4 decades .
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#123New Post! Nov 21, 2016 @ 19:05:07
Happy to know my imagination worked just fine, without the 'actual' image.

It brought to mind the servicemen who 'served' during VietNam - for their own reasons (whether they should been there or not besides the point for the purposes of this post) ---- and the 'welcome' they got when they returned home, spit on and everything.

But hey, that's what made/makes this country so great then and now ---
freedom of speech/expression.

Hard to even imagine a world/ country that is 'fair' and 'equal' according to everyone's standards.

@white_swan53 Said

I seen a graphic picture the other day next to a picture of young people in a safe place with looks of horror on their faces . If it wasn't si graphic I would post it , but your own imaginatonswill do nicely I'm sure.

the split pictures were as I hnave alreadysaid one was of todays youth in a safe place. the capton said eighteen year olds in 2016 needing a safe place in case their feelings were being hurt. the other side caption was 194? eighteen year olds storming normandy beach heading into near certain death to ... and that picture was of a part of the actul beach after the fighting was done and littered with diozens of bodies and a few soilders walking among the bodies with tears streaming down their faces .
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#124New Post! Nov 21, 2016 @ 19:27:19
@DuLu Said

Happy to know my imagination worked just fine, without the 'actual' image.

It brought to mind the servicemen who 'served' during VietNam - for their own reasons (whether they should been there or not besides the point for the purposes of this post) ---- and the 'welcome' they got when they returned home, spit on and everything.

But hey, that's what made/makes this country so great then and now ---
freedom of speech/expression.

Hard to even imagine a world/ country that is 'fair' and 'equal' according to everyone's standards.

I'm no world expert , but if I were to make a guess. My guess would be the we are on short list of countries that even try to be fair or equal .
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#125New Post! Nov 22, 2016 @ 09:35:09
@adrinachrome Said

Yes i came here specifically to express my disdain for people who need cry zones, and to find out if it was true. Mostly the disdain bit though.

Though expressing disdain is not the same as demanding respect for my opiniom.

My exact words werent crying is not a weakness? Pretty much exactly, right? Except when it is a weakness. Right? Something like that. Not really too black and white. Just like fighting for what you believe in is admirable but not necessarily good. Nothings black and white as i said. Not even what i say, though i try to say what i mean so that people don't think im demanding respect or anything...

So I was late to the chew your butt party. Sue me.

[smile]https://i.tfster.com/i48/5/1/4/tfs_7b223398a714.gif">
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#126New Post! Nov 22, 2016 @ 10:21:13
@LuckyCharms Said

So I was late to the chew your butt party. Sue me.

[smile]https://i.tfster.com/i48/5/1/4/tfs_7b223398a714.gif">

Nothin wrong with a good 'ol butt party.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#127New Post! Nov 23, 2016 @ 13:57:37
@white_swan53 Said

I realised when I first seen it that it was over kill ( no pun intended ) on both ends of the issue . but taken in context , it did bring home the facts of the way we as a sociaty have 'coddled' our youngsters for the past 3 or 4 decades .

While I don't think that protecting children in a bubble is helping them, suddenly asking them to be emotionally self-sufficient later on without the tools or the confidence necessary to pull it off is rather challenging. There will definitely be growing pains during the process.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...7 8 9

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs