Yes
No
Maybe
View Results
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#1New Post! Nov 13, 2016 @ 00:06:27
I don't know why this idea really popped into my head, especially when most of the characters will end up being Johnny Depp, but I thought it was a cool idea. There are so many different fighting games out there combining various franchises together, with Smash Bros., Marvel vs. Capcom, M.U.G.E.N and other such games being the more popular ones. But there's almost no movie-based fighting games to be had, which I think is weird, because you could actually do quite a bit with movies. A lot of people claim that movie-based games (i.e: games that're hastily put together and launched to coincide with certain movie releases [The 3D Iron Man games, the Thor games, The Golden Compass, etc...] have largely been s***ty recently and in the past, but... BUT!!! Not all of them are, or have to be. Spider Man 2 is probably the best example.

So the reason why I thought Tim Burton characters was because he has so many different iconic ones that he's done over the years that could actually make interesting characters in a fighting game. Like Jack Skellington taking on Sweeney Todd, or seeing The Martian Girl from Mars Attacks! fight a grown up version of Katrina from Sleepy Hollow. You'd be able to fight in memorable battlefields, like The Inventor's Castle from Edward Scissorhands, New Holland from Frankenweenie, Sleepy Hollow, Halloweentown, etc... you get the idea. All really cool environments. And depending on the type of fighting game it is, the environments will either just be backgrounds or interactive in some ways.

Just a few ideas for characters:

Edward Scissorhands
Sweeney Todd
Ichabod Crane (Sleepy Hollow)
Katrina (Sleepy Hollow)
The Martian Girl (Mars Attack!)
Knave of Hearts (Alice in Wonderland [2010])
Beetlejuice
Jack Skellington (Nightmare Before Christmas)
Karl the Giant (Big Fish)
Mrs Lovett (Sweeney Todd)
Barnabas Collins (Dark Shadows)
Headless Horseman (Sleepy Hollow)
The Mad Hatter (Alice in Wonderland [2010])

etc... these are just ideas, I'm just spit-balling here. But just from the little description I've given, could you see yourself playing this game if it were an actual game?
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Nov 13, 2016 @ 00:12:52
I familiar with characters and seen the movies. I would have see the video first to make up my mind.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#3New Post! Nov 14, 2016 @ 17:28:17
@twilitezone911 Said

I familiar with characters and seen the movies. I would have see the video first to make up my mind.

There wouldn't really be a video for it. It'd be a video game. You'd just be able to play as characters from various Tim Burton movies in a fighting game style. So someone like Sweeney Todd would most likely have a bit of an extended attack range thanks to his barber razor, but he could have other attacks based around the movie he's from, like some sort of command grab that lets him hold the person from behind and then slit their throat in a dramatic fashion (of course, this being a video game, something like that wouldn't be considered an instant kill).
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Nov 14, 2016 @ 17:38:03
this video would be like " street fighters ", you would match characters to fight each others.

if you other characters from other films, it might more interesting to fight these characters, that you have on the thread.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs