The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Member Forums:
TFS Gaming

Overwatch (It's Official... I'm Addicted)

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#16New Post! Oct 14, 2016 @ 20:24:12
Halloween Overwatch update!!!

In preparation for All Hallow's Eve, Overwatch is doing a seasonal event, filled with all sorts of spooky goodies and unlockables. In addition to every character getting a new, unique victory pose, certain characters are getting cool new highlight intros and costumes. And if that's not enough, the regular Loot Boxes have been replaced with Halloween Loot Boxes, guaranteed to contain at least 1 Halloween-themed item and having a better than average chance of getting something good (I got a legendary skin for Winston in addition to two Halloween-themed ones for Roadhog and Junkrat.)

Oh, and the coolest part? The brawl for this week: Junkenstein's Revenge! In this first-ever PvE (Player vs. Environment) co-op mode, 4 players take control of Ana, Hanzo, McCree and Soldier 76 to ward off Dr. Junkenstein's horde of exploding zombie robots (Zomnics) and beefed-up AI versions of Reaper, Roadhog, Junkrat and Mercy, each of whom are sporting their fancy new costumes. You lose if your entire team is wiped out or if the Zomnics manage to break down the gate to the castle. You win if you and your team manage to survive 7 minutes, plus the final battle against Junkenstein, The Witch and Junkenstein's Monster. All while Reinhardt narrates the action. It's a really awesome game mode with unique unlockable sprays after you beat it on Normal, Hard, with all 4 Heroes and without the door taking damage respectively. It's soooooo much fun!

Weird how I literally couldn't find a non-watermarked version... or that they only had one version...
Funky-Footed Skunk

#17New Post! Nov 08, 2016 @ 20:51:33
Sombra is gonna be released sometime next week. At long last. And she actually looks like a pretty fun character to use. Very sneaky and 'behind the scenes.' Plus she deals decent damage.

She can hack into Health Packs on the map, preventing the enemy from using the health pack for a duration while increasing the refresh rate of the pack by a considerable amount. You can also hack enemies as well, locking them from using their abilities for 6 seconds, which is really useful for shutting down certain powerful heroes or abilities, like Reinhardt's Barrier and Charge, and Tracer's Blink and Recall. No more do you have to worry about Mei constantly stalling on the point. Just hack her and stop her from using her Ice Wall and Cryo Stasis, then pile on the damage. Of course, if you get hit while hacking, it stops and you have to try again.

Her other two abilities are Transponder and Thermoptic Camo, which let her toss a teleport beacon that she can use within 15 seconds of deployment, and invisibility camo that also increases her speed, respectively. It's worth noting that if she takes damage while she's cloaked, or she uses her gun or any ability besides Transponder, it cancels the effect and she's revealed. These two skills are what make her get behind enemy lines so well and also offer her two different escape options. Placing the Transponder on a hacked Health Pack, and then going in to do as much damage as possible, then teleporting to the health when injured seems to be one of the main strategies that would work good for racking up kills. She can also see enemies through walls when they're at half or below health, so that's fun too.

Her Ultimate is EMP, which does exactly what it sounds like it does. It's a radial AoE Hack that locks down any opponents within the radius and eyesight of Sombra. Enemies behind you that aren't behind an object breaking line of sight are affected too. It can also shut down certain 'channeled' Ultimates, like McCree's Dead Eye, Roadhog's Whole Hog and Lucio's Sound Barrier, which really sucks for me because Lucio's the main support I play...... Her regular Hack looks like it can shut down Ultimates too, but you need to be closer and wait the 3ish seconds for the hack to work, without taking damage.

All in all, she seems like a really fun character. It'll be interesting to see what kind of tricks and strats people come up with as her. She's available in the PTR servers for PC right now, but she'll be available on PS4 and Xbox One sometime next week, so expect a lot of 6 Sombra teams in the coming days.

Well, except it'll have to be in the new Arcade Mode game mode No Limits. Apparently with the new update containing Sombra, Quick Play's getting changed so it's only 1 hero each per team. So no more all Tolbjorn or Bastion matches, with is a really welcome sight if you ask me, but it still kinda sucks. I liked being able to have 2 Junkrats or 2 Zenyattas.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#18New Post! Nov 15, 2016 @ 20:21:38
New update. 10.616 GBs.

Oh yeah... Sombra's finally here.
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#19New Post! Nov 15, 2016 @ 20:23:20
What, right now?
Funky-Footed Skunk

#20New Post! Nov 15, 2016 @ 20:25:10
@adrinachrome Said

What, right now?

Yep. Turn on your PS4 and grab a sandwich. It's gonna take a while.

Fukitall, Arizona
#21New Post! Nov 15, 2016 @ 20:28:36
I haven't played since in a little bit. I was so excited thinking ahe was gonna come out on the 5th and then she didn't...
Funky-Footed Skunk

#22New Post! Nov 15, 2016 @ 22:45:22
@adrinachrome Said

I haven't played since in a little bit. I was so excited thinking ahe was gonna come out on the 5th and then she didn't...

Yeah, those bastards.

But she's out now and she's a lot of fun to play. I love going around behind-the-scenes and being a 'counter medic' by hacking as many enemy Health Packs as possible and maintain them under our control.

The new Arcade mode is fun too. You can win Loot Boxes a lot faster, plus there's a bunch of cool modes too.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#23New Post! Dec 12, 2016 @ 22:08:05
Overwatch's Christmas Event is live tomorrow!

In addition to a bunch of new festive skins/emotes/voice lines/etc..., there's also a Christmas reskin of King's Row (similar to what they did to Hollywood for Halloween), a new playable game mode, a whole new map (Oasis [Control Point]), and of course, Christmas Loot Boxes.

You're Invited!

I couldn't get the gif to work sadly, but I got the next best thing: a link.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#24New Post! Jan 24, 2017 @ 19:32:35
Overwatch's Chinese New Year event starts today. A lot of really cool skins and unlockables this time around.

Zenyatta, Roadhog, Winston and Reinhardt are all dressed up as different characters from the classic story Journey to the West. Zenyatta is the Buddhist monk Tang Sanzang, Winston is Sun Wukong the Monkey King, Roadhog is the pig monster Zhu Bajie and Reinhardt is the river monster Sha Heshang. There's also a bunch of cool skins for the other characters too. I'm really excited for this event.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#25New Post! Feb 06, 2017 @ 18:03:45
Finally got into Platinum rank! It took a lot longer than I thought it would, especially with some of the crappy matches I had, but I'm more than satisfied with the results.

It'll probably take me a while before I hit the next rank (Diamond), but I'm in no real rush right now.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#26New Post! Apr 15, 2017 @ 01:01:37
New Character AND New Event!

Meet OR15, aka Orisa.

This reconfigured robot was modified by an eleven year old robotics whiz named Efi to protect the citizens of Numbani from any and all possible threats. Described in-game as an 'anchor tank,' Orisa is all about protecting her teammates on the frontlines, pumping continuous damage into the field with her gatling laser and deploying long-range shields to help shield teammates from damage. Her alternate fire, HALT! fires a slow-moving orb that when detonated, pulls enemies towards the centre of the detonation like a mini Zarya Gravitron. It's great for disrupting enemy positions, thwarting escape attempts, pulling people off of cliffs, etc... Her other ability Fortify grants her 50% damage reduction and immunity to Crowd Control abilities like Reinhardt's Charge and Earthshatter, McCree's Flashbang, Junkrat's Steel Trap, Mei's freezing, etc... Bear in mind this only lasts 4 seconds and only affects you, but this means that a charging Reinhardt will just smack into you and fall over as if he charged into another Reinhardt.

Her Ultimate is a Supercharger which grants 50% damage boost to all of your allies within the radius of the drum. It's pretty great in a clutch situation and you can use it to give your team a definite advantage in a close fight. It doesn't stack with Mercy's 30% damage boost, but it does stack with Ana's Nano Boost of 50%, so a single person could get 100% damage increase, which is... pretty damn awesome if I do say so myself.

So far, she seems like a really solid character. Sadly I haven't been able to play her much to give a really thorough analysis of how she is right now, but I plan on talking a bit more in-depth about how she plays. Ideally, she should be with her teammates. Her shield, while portable, isn't as strong as Reinhardt's but it is still great additional protection. Bear in mind that she moves slowly when firing like D.Va and that as a Tank, she has a larger hitbox than the average Hero so expect to take more damage. Your gun is also projectile-based and not hitscan, so you have to lead your shots, especially in the air.

Now, onto the event... Overwatch: Uprising!!!

In the 1st ever lore-based event for Overwatch and the 2nd PvE (Player vs. Environment) event, we're taken back 7 years to when Overwatch was still active and the Omnic Crisis was more or less dealt with. Sadly, all is not right with the world...

The radical Omnic organization 'Null Sector' has taken over King's Row and are holding a large number of civilians hostage, including Tekhartha Mondatta who is trying to help mend human/Omnic relations and bring about world peace. Cadet Lena Oxton aka Tracer is being sent on her first mission as a full-fledged member of Overwatch to liberate her hometown, along with Lieutenant Reinhardt, Chief Engineer Torbjorn and Overwatch's Head of Medicine/Combat Medic Mercy. Their mission: Infiltrate King's Row, hack into the three Anti-Air installments, activate and deliver the payload, then storm the facility and destroy the OR14-NS Omnic robots controlling the place. Fun fact: the OR14s were the precursor to Orisa and is an unlockable skin for her (which I have. ).

Speaking of skins, this event has tons! 8 new legendary skins, tons of new unique emotes/skins/intros, hundreds of sprays, 2 voicelines per character, this event has it all. Including a Genji skin before he fully went cyborg-ninja and a McCree skin back when he still had his left arm.

So if you haven't been playing Overwatch recently.... you should. You really should.

OH, and before I forget, you can also do the Uprising event with any character. It's just a separate mode.

Fukitall, Arizona
#27New Post! Apr 17, 2017 @ 16:50:07
Dude. For honor. Im telling you.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#28New Post! Apr 18, 2017 @ 18:06:10
@adrinachrome Said

Dude. For honor. Im telling you.

I heard it was supposed to be pretty good, but there's also a lot of bugs and glitches in it still. I might have to check if they have a demo version, though.

Fukitall, Arizona
#29New Post! Apr 22, 2017 @ 21:52:34
@psycoskunk Said

I heard it was supposed to be pretty good, but there's also a lot of bugs and glitches in it still. I might have to check if they have a demo version, though.

Yeah, it used to crash like every 3rd game, now maybe every 6th. Still lotta problems. That p2p s*** is garbage. Still a really, really fun game though. In my opinion.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs