Health & Fitness

Migraines

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#1New Post! May 28, 2016 @ 00:28:28
My girlfriend gets severe migraine headaches...severe...

They suck....and all I can do is sit by and watch and try to help as much as possible...which isn't much...

I've had headaches before, but have rarely even needed to take aspirin.

I'm not sure if I have ever truly had a hangover. All I do after a night of super massively heavy drinking is sleep the next day.

I have hay fever, but that is just an annoyance.

Migraines suck...!!!

I hope none of you (even those of you that I don't get along with) ever have a migraine...never...
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#2New Post! May 28, 2016 @ 13:40:08
My youngest son was born with heart problems,
the heart problems caused him to have migraine's.
I always felt helpless and angry that there was nothing that I could do to give that kid any relief . He would get the dry heaves it sound like he was going to up chuck his toe nails , after wards he would sleep the sleep of the dead.
He would wake up and be full of energy and smiling . I could never understand how he could suffer so hard and seem to take it in stride
He had an open heart operation 2 weeks before his 15 th birthday. And has never had another migraine . they were able to fix fix or repair the problem . He hit the ground running and hasn't slowed down .

Your girlfriend has my heartfelt sympathies for her suffering and you have my empathy and respect for having the courage to stand by her though her suffering . kudo's to ya both .
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#3New Post! May 28, 2016 @ 14:21:59
I occasionally get Ocular or Aural migraines.

It starts with slowly losing my peripheral vision, then it moves in towards the middle, and I can only see through my peripheral - a real bother when trying to read or drive. It usually clears in about 45 minutes.
Many times it happens without pain, but when it does the pain lingers for hours. But it doesn't seem as sever as others who get the "regular" migraine headaches.

There is "migraine strength" aspirin/acetaminophen/ibuprofen, like Excedrin or a few other brands. Effectiveness ... debatable.

n/a, New Mexico
#4New Post! May 28, 2016 @ 15:01:09
Early on we noticed that when my son had one coming on ,the tips of his fingers would go numb . If we caught it right then and he got an aspirin and a dark place to lay down the suffering wasn't as bad .
but if he was busy doing something or playing and missed that first sign of numb fingers ,if there is a hell then we watched him journey though the worst of it . He was never bothered by noise during on of his Migraines and would actually get upset or annoyed if we tried to tip toe around of whisper so we didn't disturb him . It was hard not to tip toe or whisper . But we learned it s worse on him to be upset so we learned to not' be quiet ' but to just talk in a normal tone and walk like we normally did.

n/a, New Mexico
#5New Post! May 28, 2016 @ 15:06:07
One of my stepmother's had a sister that suffered hard with Migraines.
any little noise could make her head feel like it' imploded' was the word she used to describe the pain . h
MainerMikeBrown On April 19, 2021

Hiram, Maine
#6New Post! Nov 30, 2016 @ 00:50:13
I've been fortunate enough not to have ever had to deal with migraine headaches before. But if I ever do have to someday, I'll see a doctor first thing, considering how unpleasant they are. I'll waste not time!
MainerMikeBrown On April 19, 2021

Hiram, Maine
#7New Post! Nov 30, 2016 @ 00:52:05
Oops, I meant to say I'll waste no time!
Mankysparrow On April 26, 2017

London, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Nov 30, 2016 @ 09:45:18
I get squiggly line and can't see very well, then a pain in the back of my head, it don't last long but last time I lost the use of my right arm and it scared me, I thought I was having a stroke. the doctor said it was migraine.
salamsourceofpeace On December 08, 2016

, British Indian Ocean Territo
#9New Post! Dec 08, 2016 @ 14:53:01
Useful home remedies for migraine
https://www.top10homeremedies.com/home-remedies/home-remedies-migraines.html
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! Dec 08, 2016 @ 17:48:52
More headache relief tips:

Though disputed by conventional Western medicine, the ancient Chinese art of kneecap-smashing may distract you from your headache.

No matter how bad your head hurts, do not under any circumstances attempt to remove it.

Many popular herbal headache remedies exist, including valerian and kava kava, but be advised that they don't do s***.

Headaches can get so bad that, in some cases, doctors prescribe morphine or methadone. A better way to look at this is that headaches can get so good that doctors prescribe morphine or methadone.

If you have a severe headache, you likely have five or six throbbing red lightning bolts behind your sinuses. Neutralize them with a soothing, bluish, glowing orb.

A key to headache prevention is avoiding getting Starship's "We Built This City" stuck in your head.

If you suffer from recurring headache pain, you probably have a tumor or something. Man, am I glad I'm not you.

If you suspect that your headache is a migraine, ask yourself: Does the prospect of having a double-barreled shotgun inserted in your anus and discharged fill you with thoughts of blessed, eternal relief? If so, it's probably a migraine.

Headache sufferers, be advised that episodes can easily be triggered by stress, improper diet, or people constantly chiming in with their useless f***ing headache advice.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#11New Post! Dec 08, 2016 @ 17:49:40
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs