Q & A

What's The Worse Job You've Ever Had?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
Stonowsky On January 29, 2016

Belmont, North Carolina
#61New Post! Aug 24, 2015 @ 03:31:35
I'd have to say it was when I worked in a warehouse customizing store orders by pieces from large packaged orders. I was taking online courses in Human Services and worked 2nd shift for 2 and a half months. By the time I got out of there I'm reluctant to go anywhere else and surly not going back there either. I have always been accustom to doing one part of this total job in other jobs I've had in the passed. It was totally a job that should have paid twice as much for someone like me. It was astounding though how it went along with what I was studying but I couldn't work in that kind of work environment. I suspected the other department black supervisor was a womanizer and probably racist, I white. He was ll up on this younger woman but would come on my job causing problems. On three occasions he sent Spanish young guys on my job and presumed they didn't speak English then waiting til I go on break or go get labels to take my orders and I had no idea what they were doing until I come back. There were small female workers carrying 75 pound boxes 20 foot across the floor and no mats, every order was different,100 stores to ship to a lot of the time, workers getting talked to like dogs, and the floor overall supervisor said to listen to other supervisors if they need something but the same black guy was all in a hissing over pulling cardboard from his department bin. Once that happened. On top of that the stress from the orders' instructions and the physical work, the walk to get supplies to work orders, and the heat I was seeing stuff. It was a terrible job but for newbys just learning to work might fair better.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#62New Post! Aug 24, 2015 @ 03:39:46
spending the summer, being the tide bowl man in an outhouse.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#63New Post! Aug 26, 2015 @ 04:40:23
for a year, I worked for congress. not in congress, but after they left the congress's room, I was a janitor clean up the room, sweeping up the papers. I had use the shove for heavy stuff, you know all the bull crap thrown around, nothing get done in congress. after a year, my doctor told me to quit, because my health. after I quit, I had have hernia operation. I had remove 20 pound hernia got lifting and throwing soo much bull crap that from room. but that politic for you!
Pink_Astro On July 13, 2016

LA, California
#64New Post! Aug 31, 2015 @ 00:02:02
I worked as cashier at a supermarket in a very bad part of town, last year. Interesting folks But, I saw a stabbing in front of the window and that night, I ended up quitting after a month of working there. Pretty close, would have to be my current job, at a dying-mall. It's boring as s***.
cailyn10289 On November 12, 2015
Scottish on Fridays

, United States (general)
#65New Post! Aug 31, 2015 @ 04:10:50
I worked as a dog groomer for a year when I was 17. I got bit and peed on one too many times. I HATE dogs now. Officially a cat person.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs