The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Fellow believers. You say you are saved and non-believers go to hell. Well, ----

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...9 10 11
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#151New Post! Sep 12, 2013 @ 18:56:56
@Electric_Banana Said

I tend to suspect that Someone_Else is a pagan spiritualist who only associates with the label "Christian" because she's been told it's a nice thing to call yourself and sounds a lot like 'Christmas.'

The nice thing to do would be to say this to my "face." And no, you're wrong.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#152New Post! Sep 12, 2013 @ 22:36:02
@someone_else_again Said

The nice thing to do would be to say this to my "face." And no, you're wrong.

It wouldn't have made sense because I was responding to Goat..

and you're also current in the thread so it is within easy access to contest (obviously).

And also, if you stand strongly by the Christian title, which denomination? Because if not strict to the templates of the already established denominations then you are an exclusive denomination of your own and this could also be considered "Psuedo-Christianity."

And the Spanish Inquisition would have still considered it 'Pagan.'
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#153New Post! Sep 12, 2013 @ 22:44:30
@Electric_Banana Said

It wouldn't have made sense because I was responding to Goat..

1) Then why did you quote GreatestIam?

2) Why is your response to him an assumption about me?

@Electric_Banana Said

and you're also current in the thread so it is within easy access to contest (obviously).

This makes it better how?

@Electric_Banana Said

And also, if you stand strongly by the Christian title, which denomination?

No denomination. The early church did not allow for "denomination" and I don't believe there should be one.

I Corinthians

A Church Divided Over Leaders

10 I appeal to you, brothers and sisters,[a] in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought. 11 My brothers and sisters, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. 12 What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas”; still another, “I follow Christ.”

13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so no one can say that you were baptized in my name. 16 (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don’t remember if I baptized anyone else.) 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

@Electric_Banana Said

Because if not strict to the templates of the already established denominations then you are an exclusive denomination of your own and this could also be considered "Psuedo-Christianity."

Because you say so? Interesting.

Shall I remind you of the rest of your quote? How you presume to know why I call myself what I call myself? That you insinuate that I'm so shallow to call myself something because it "sounds nice" and I "should?"

, New Zealand
#154New Post! Sep 13, 2013 @ 04:12:40
@someone_else_again Said

1) Then why did you quote GreatestIam?

Ah, yeah, same difference I get my Gurus mixed up.

@someone_else_again Said

2) Why is your response to him an assumption about me?

This makes it better how?

Because I'm a vile, evil and malicious c*** and I was trying to make it worse.

@someone_else_again Said

Because you say so? Interesting.

No, because the few churches I've sat through in the past say so.

@someone_else_again Said

Shall I remind you of the rest of your quote? How you presume to know why I call myself what I call myself? That you insinuate that I'm so shallow to call myself something because it "sounds nice" and I "should?"

Refer back to the above about the vile, evil, malicious c*** bit.
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#155New Post! Sep 13, 2013 @ 07:38:46
@Electric_Banana Said

And the Spanish Inquisition would have still considered it 'Pagan.'

Yes, seriously, that is the case. Irrespective of those here who consider themselves Christian - even a "true" Christian - not one of them would have survived if speaking as they do during the hey-day of the Inquisition.

Such a reality needs serious though, and not just the superficial thought of "yeah, those bastards of the Inquisition weren't true Christians"
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#156New Post! Sep 13, 2013 @ 07:49:27
@someone_else_again Said

13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so no one can say that you were baptized in my name. 16 (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don’t remember if I baptized anyone else.) 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

"The Tao can be shared but not divided."

It is one thing to quote a book that tells us there is no division. The reality is that there IS division. And division over fundamental things. Some claim we MUST be baptised, others claim not, some claim that the Bible is the sole authority, others not, some claim that "once saved always saved", some do not, some claim that the "lost" are finally annihilated totally, others do not.....and so it goes on. And historically I seem to remember reading that the first Christian martyred by fellow Christians was as early as the late second century. Since that early date the number of Christians who have slaughtered each other is beyond accurate computation - and still it goes on.

There are books, and verses......and there is reality.

Just to add, and getting on my own particular hobby horse. The Tao can INDEED be shared but not divided, or, as you have it, Christ cannot be divided. For this to become any sort of reality then - as I see it - Universalism must become the foundation of all our thoughts, words and deeds. This irrespective of appeals to "free will" and claims that "God doesn't want robots" etc etc. (I've posted my reply to such claims umpteen times)

If not Universalism then the consequence will ALWAYS be, at heart, a "salvation by works" and we will identify with our own particular "work" and divide ourselves from those who have not performed it.
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#157New Post! Sep 13, 2013 @ 16:16:15
@dookie Said

"The Tao can be shared but not divided."

It is one thing to quote a book that tells us there is no division. The reality is that there IS division. And division over fundamental things. Some claim we MUST be baptised, others claim not, some claim that the Bible is the sole authority, others not, some claim that "once saved always saved", some do not, some claim that the "lost" are finally annihilated totally, others do not.....and so it goes on. And historically I seem to remember reading that the first Christian martyred by fellow Christians was as early as the late second century. Since that early date the number of Christians who have slaughtered each other is beyond accurate computation - and still it goes on.

There are books, and verses......and there is reality.

Just to add, and getting on my own particular hobby horse. The Tao can INDEED be shared but not divided, or, as you have it, Christ cannot be divided. For this to become any sort of reality then - as I see it - Universalism must become the foundation of all our thoughts, words and deeds. This irrespective of appeals to "free will" and claims that "God doesn't want robots" etc etc. (I've posted my reply to such claims umpteen times)

If not Universalism then the consequence will ALWAYS be, at heart, a "salvation by works" and we will identify with our own particular "work" and divide ourselves from those who have not performed it.

There is division from our perspective. I do not believe this is true of God's perspective.

Similar to the concept of "all sin is sin," I believe that "all His children are His children."
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#158New Post! Sep 13, 2013 @ 16:25:46
@someone_else_again Said

There is division from our perspective. I do not believe this is true of God's perspective.

Well, the point I am making is simply that many Christians take THEIR perspective as being God's own.

We appear to agree upon exactly what God's perspective is.
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#159New Post! Sep 13, 2013 @ 16:39:26
@dookie Said

Well, the point I am making is simply that many Christians take THEIR perspective as being God's own.

We appear to agree upon exactly what God's perspective is.

True. I suppose I have been guilty of that a time or two myself.
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#160New Post! Sep 13, 2013 @ 18:42:13
@someone_else_again Said

True. I suppose I have been guilty of that a time or two myself.

I suppose that is the point. We all have.

, New Zealand
#161New Post! Sep 13, 2013 @ 21:05:24
@dookie Said

"yeah, those bastards of the Inquisition weren't true Christians"

Ha ha, probably one of the most misinformed assumptions ever.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...9 10 11

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs