British Army Slammed Over Baha Moussa Murder

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Sep 08, 2011 @ 11:30:03
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14825889

It will be interesting to see the full report and read it more deeply.

Although the report is strongly critical of the army, in my opinion it doesn't go far enough. Nobody is going to face public prosecution over this appalling murder and Payne remains, to this day, the scapegoat who "took one for the team" and enabled people like Colonel Mendonca to walk away from it.

The army has been cleared of having a "torture regime", when all the allegations pouring out of the occupied countries screams differently.

This enquiry has produced some harsh sounding words, but little else, and the British Army has restricted its response to a mealy-mouthed commitment to "consider carefully any recommendations" which come from the enquiry.

Consider carefully....?
Recommendations....??

Where is the legislation to neuture these thugs in uniform..?
Where are the prosecutions of men like Colonel Mendonca, of whom, there is at least prima facie evidence that he lied under oath. Why is he not being prosecuted for at least perjury, if not for allowing systematic torture to take place under his command (although this enquiry has cleared him of that despite evidence from the original Court Martial of Corporal Donald Payne)..?

At first sight, it seems the only thing this near-whitewash will achieve is that it may enable private prosecutions to proceed. Whether or not that happens is a matter for the families concerned.

Yet another let-off for the professional murderers, thugs and psychopaths of the British Army. They must feel invincible. They're certainly above the law.

sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#2New Post! Sep 08, 2011 @ 16:52:57
I dunno...sometimes the messenger deserves to get shot.
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Sep 08, 2011 @ 21:19:00
@Jennifer1984 Said

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14825889

It will be interesting to see the full report and read it more deeply.

Although the report is strongly critical of the army, in my opinion it doesn't go far enough. Nobody is going to face public prosecution over this appalling murder and Payne remains, to this day, the scapegoat who "took one for the team" and enabled people like Colonel Mendonca to walk away from it.

The army has been cleared of having a "torture regime", when all the allegations pouring out of the occupied countries screams differently.

This enquiry has produced some harsh sounding words, but little else, and the British Army has restricted its response to a mealy-mouthed commitment to "consider carefully any recommendations" which come from the enquiry.

Consider carefully....?
Recommendations....??

Where is the legislation to neuture these thugs in uniform..?
Where are the prosecutions of men like Colonel Mendonca, of whom, there is at least prima facie evidence that he lied under oath. Why is he not being prosecuted for at least perjury, if not for allowing systematic torture to take place under his command (although this enquiry has cleared him of that despite evidence from the original Court Martial of Corporal Donald Payne)..?

At first sight, it seems the only thing this near-whitewash will achieve is that it may enable private prosecutions to proceed. Whether or not that happens is a matter for the families concerned.

Yet another let-off for the professional murderers, thugs and psychopaths of the British Army. They must feel invincible. They're certainly above the law.

yes i totally agree ..i'm sick of the cosy image we are force fed about 'our boys'...who are doing great work in those countries that need our help ...i love that we are constantly being told that our soldiers concern themselves with winning the hearts and minds of the occupied ....i'm so surprised that so many intelligent people in the media are totally shocked by the revelation that english troops have actually tortured people and even killed them when in custody ...what do we expect from an organisation that moulds it's men with bullying and not a little brutallity ...as far as the commanding officers go ...i think they should be held personally responsible for every trangression of human rights by the men under them ....as it stands ...the officers usually manage to pin the blame on their trained rottweillers ( nco's and privates )...while they themselves slip away into the shadows ...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs