Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#16New Post! Jul 21, 2011 @ 14:49:37
@taralovesliam Said

We all have heard people who cheat on their partners blaming the alcohol.I think it's compete bulls!£"$t! People still know what their doing when their drunk.Take for example I was very drunk on my sisters birthday and the next morning I was told about a guy who had tried to make a move on me but I turned him down saying I have a boyfriend( I didn't remember this at all).I don't accept people who use this excuse for that reason alone my boyfriend also tells his mates the same.What's your opinion on this?

I personally feel it's a crock as well. However, there are folks who claim they can't remember a thing after that fact.

Even yourself,...you have just said, that although your reply to the guy was that "I have a boyfriend". You also go on to say that you don't remember saying it...
So then, someone who doesn't have the 'control' that you have, under such influence..it is easy to see how this might happen. (Not saying it's right. Just that it is more understandable. )
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Jul 21, 2011 @ 15:46:27
@Oisin Said

it's not an excuse but sometimes a reason. you should maybe look into addiction because your views are skewed.

I know about addiction. Its not an excuse. All the time people excuse addiction or label it a disease they are straying from fact.

People do stupid, wrong, illegal s*** because of addiction. Only the addict can overcome the addiction. An addict should not be patronised but encouraged to see the truth. Until they see what they have become because of alcohol, cigarettes, crack, heroin, food they will continue to blame it on the product and not address the addiction.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Jul 21, 2011 @ 15:49:34
@Oisin Said

you are a child with no experience of alcoholism. take it from an alcoholic, you are wrong.

Being alcoholic is not an authority to call people "child" or call them "wrong" nor does it mean you can automatically assume that nobody else has any idea about it.

You are not the only one.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#19New Post! Jul 21, 2011 @ 16:22:00
Alcohol first and foremost removes inhibitions.
Oisin On January 27, 2012

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Jul 21, 2011 @ 17:31:13
@treebee Said

Being alcoholic is not an authority to call people "child" or call them "wrong" nor does it mean you can automatically assume that nobody else has any idea about it.

You are not the only one.

the fact he's 17 allows me to call him "a child" as he is, a child.

he is wrong because he clearly doesn't understand the nature of addiction.

i wish i was the only one.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Jul 21, 2011 @ 17:38:14
@Oisin Said

the fact he's 17 allows me to call him "a child" as he is, a child.

he is wrong because he clearly doesn't understand the nature of addiction.

i wish i was the only one.

He was talking about alcohol, not addiction.
Oisin On January 27, 2012

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Jul 21, 2011 @ 17:42:42
@jmo Said

He was talking about alcohol, not addiction.

ah, right. she wasn't talking about an alcoholic. my most sincere apologies to all.
TaraLovesLiam On March 02, 2014

Portlaoise, Ireland
#23New Post! Jul 21, 2011 @ 20:08:34
@sTreetAngeL Said

I personally feel it's a crock as well. However, there are folks who claim they can't remember a thing after that fact.

Even yourself,...you have just said, that although your reply to the guy was that "I have a boyfriend". You also go on to say that you don't remember saying it...
So then, someone who doesn't have the 'control' that you have, under such influence..it is easy to see how this might happen. (Not saying it's right. Just that it is more understandable. )

I'm saying I still knew I had a boyfriend and clearly I knew it was wrong to do anything.Even if your drunk you still can't forget the person your in a relationship if you truly care for them.If my boyfriend said to me he didn't remember sleeping with a girl because he was drunk he's be out the door no excuses.If they know you will let off on cheating because they were drunk ,they will probably do it again knowing they will get off Scottfree.
magically_delicious On October 27, 2020

, California
#24New Post! Jul 21, 2011 @ 20:38:10
I am an extremely affectionate and sexual drunk person, but if put in that situation my respect and duty to my husband over-rides any other ideas I might have. I go out with my girlfriends sometimes, and my faithfulness has been tested while under the influence. I've been in plenty of situations where I could do whatever I wanted to and chose to be a good wife. I might get some flack for saying this, but I think your true character comes out when you are drunk. I guess you could say it's who you are when not under the influence of other's judgement. I think people who cheat and blame alcohol have weak character, and perhaps they should re-assess their morality instead of running away from it. The whole "baby I love you" is really "baby I love myself, but I also love you!"

I'm not saying you're necessarily a bad person if you slip up, some people learn their lessons the hard way and move on. But, if it's happened a few times, you are letting yourself be driven by selfishness. I don't like casting judgement, because people who cheat can be very nice people, they just don't meet my criteria of what a "good" person is.
boobear On August 15, 2016

London, United Kingdom
#25New Post! Jul 24, 2011 @ 17:00:14
@taralovesliam Said

We all have heard people who cheat on their partners blaming the alcohol.I think it's compete bulls!£"$t! People still know what their doing when their drunk.Take for example I was very drunk on my sisters birthday and the next morning I was told about a guy who had tried to make a move on me but I turned him down saying I have a boyfriend( I didn't remember this at all).I don't accept people who use this excuse for that reason alone my boyfriend also tells his mates the same.What's your opinion on this?

I agree, even at my drunkest I would never even consider doing something like that and would give the same response you did, I think if you do something like that it's not a reflection on how drunk you were it's a reflection on the kind of person you are, the state of your relationship or both.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs