Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#46New Post! Jan 20, 2011 @ 03:13:25
@someone_else Said

Try it out, see what you think.
Personality Disorder Test

**ETA - the 'calculate results' part didn't work, but the questions give you a pretty good indication. I'd say, the more 'yes' answers you give, the more likely it is that you have a Personality Disorder.

Hmmm... Well according to that I rating "very high" on my likelihood to be schizotypal and schizoid, as well as "high" on antisocial, and "moderate" on narcissistic.

Should I see a shrink, or perhaps realize that those tests don't really mean that much by themselves.

You know yourself best; don't let a quiz change that. To the op, I think that if you were completely honest with yourself you would know what your problems are. You don't need to give them a name to know what aspects of your personality you need to work on. You just have to actually work on them (with your shrink, definitely with your shrink).
GSnap On March 02, 2019

Over the Rainbow,
#47New Post! Jan 20, 2011 @ 03:21:01
I went ahead and took the quiz. For starters, those questions are really subjective. People are not always honest with themselves, not intentionally, but some people might answer yes to one or more of those questions when it is really only a very minor issue, or has only happened a time or two in their lives which would be very normal. Or on the flipside answer 'no' because they do not perceive it to be a problem - I would think in the case of someone with a very valid and serious disorder this would happen quite often. They don't see these things as issues.

The only thing i scored "moderate" on was Obsessive Compulsive. Everything else was low propensity.
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#48New Post! Jan 20, 2011 @ 03:22:33
If this was in TFS+ I could say what I really think about the OP's "mental illness(es)". Since it's not, I'll shut my trap.
KulliK357 On July 15, 2013
Sausage Snowman

Dingwall,Scotland, United King
#49New Post! Jan 20, 2011 @ 03:28:58
That test is bulls***, it gave me both Schizoid and Avoidant which are apparently contradictory.
And avoidant seems more accurate.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#50New Post! Jan 20, 2011 @ 03:39:29
It loses yet more credibility by linking to a quiz that results to say that I will find myself in the 6th circle of hell when I die.
alk1975 On August 11, 2016

Jackson, Missouri
#51New Post! Jan 20, 2011 @ 04:32:46
@GSnap Said

The problem with this sort of thing is it states clearly it is NOT a diagnostic tool, but many over look that and use the results to diagnose themselves. I can't tell you how many people i know, for example, who tell everyone they are bipolar but yet have NEVER even gone to a doctor. Some people think for some reason its cool to walk around saying they are bipolar. I don't know why.

Too many symptoms in disorders overlap, and sometimes personality issues could even be attributed to something going on physically. I just don't think these 'online tests' are helpful at all. What good is it to take a test that indicates you have a propensity for a certain disorder? On the flipside, what if someone does have one, and isn't answering these questions accurately because there was no doctor to probe further, and they never do get seen because they think everything is fine?

You still need to go to a doctor to confirm, and you need a doctor to get meds, so I don't know how useful these things really are. I think they induce panic in people more than anything.
It's an interesting quiz, and the calculate button worked for me. It "diagnosed" me as avoidant though, and I don't feel that is an appropriate diagnosis. While I would say some of the symptoms appear to fit, they don't really. The motives behind them are different. I'm not afraid of social situations. I just relish time to be alone with my thoughts and there are only so many hours in a day.
lil_bear01 On February 18, 2011

Deleted

In my igloo, Canada
#52New Post! Jan 20, 2011 @ 05:58:48
Your Results:
Disorder Rating Information
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Schizotypal: Low
Antisocial: Low
Borderline: Low
Histrionic: Moderate
Narcissistic: Low
Avoidant: Low
Dependent: Low
Obsessive-Compulsive: Low

These are my results according to interwebz.

I am a diagnosed Co-Morbid Anxiety/Depression with a touch of hypo. Now do these results even come near what my 'real' diagnosis is?

NO!!!!!!! Do NOT ever take this test if you haven't seen a professional or you may be taken in by believing these results which are FAR from being anywhere near accurate.

The questions are far from being questions which are really related to mental illness and being an illness at all in my humble opinion...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs