UK Government taking action against Legal Highs

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#31New Post! Mar 29, 2010 @ 22:06:03
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Well, correcting that would be the first (and only) step IMNTBHO. I'm assuming you have measures to prevent the purchase of alcohol and other such substances by children over the Net.

Actually we don't really. You have to tick a box thing saying you are over 18, but nobody really checks so it's perfectly easy to purchase that as well. I don't think this is such a good thing either and is one of the reasons why I think there should be more education put in place about drugs and alcohol to stop them from going online and getting it in the first place. Also there should be tighter security measures in terms of age restrictions when purchasing stuff like that.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#32New Post! Mar 29, 2010 @ 22:07:02
@mark_is_god Said

any site that I've be on, that sells things for over 18's, require a credit card, which in theory only 18+ old people should have

You can use debit card on most sites, a large proportion of 15-18 year olds have debit cards now, certainly when they start getting jobs anyway.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#33New Post! Mar 29, 2010 @ 22:10:25
@sister_of_mercy Said

Actually we don't really. You have to tick a box thing saying you are over 18, but nobody really checks so it's perfectly easy to purchase that as well. I don't think this is such a good thing either and is one of the reasons why I think there should be more education put in place about drugs and alcohol to stop them from going online and getting it in the first place. Also there should be tighter security measures in terms of age restrictions when purchasing stuff like that.

Yes, thanks for the info.

(Mental note, check British Internet rate for shrooms.)
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#34New Post! Mar 29, 2010 @ 22:13:14
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Yes, thanks for the info.

(Mental note, check British Internet rate for shrooms.)

They're illegal too.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#35New Post! Mar 29, 2010 @ 22:25:38
I'm not really sure what I think of it.

I mean really there is no way enough research has been done on it imo and it seems to be more of a reaction to the right wing media than anything else.

On the other hand it seems to have spread really fast and as far as I can tell is a fairly s*** drug. Only reason it's taken off is how cheap and easy it is to acquire, you drive it underground, make it more expensive and less excessible and in theory it will die out as people will go back to the 'traditional' drugs. If your paying that much to get high why not get something decent?

From what I can tell (can I just say I've never tried it and done no research, this is pretty much all hear say) it would die out pretty soon as it's a drug without any reason to take.

Personally I'd much prefer to be in a club full of people E'd up than on Mephodrone, but I'd prefer to be in a club full of people on Mephodrone than coke

I don't know and don't particularly care, I'll stick to the booze.
Wellard On April 29, 2012
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#36New Post! Mar 29, 2010 @ 22:44:58
Methadone - mate used to buy it from heroin addicts to get him out of his head.

Mephedrone - governments usual answer to everything BAN it.In 1 years time the kids will still using it only this time it will be cut to f*** with god knows what other substances in it..way to go gov't.

Shrooms - As far as I know it is not illegal to pick or possess magic mushrooms in the UK as long as they have not been dried and cut.
Lfc1892 On August 10, 2010

Deleted

Dublin, Ireland
#37New Post! Mar 29, 2010 @ 22:54:01
@El_Tino Said

It prevents heroine addicts from having withdrawals, but doesn't get you high.

I tried it before and it kept me awake for two days and i didn't feel tired, It was like a euphoric rush, I believe the people who died had underlying health problems, I know people who have been doing them types of legal drugs for years and they are fine, Im a curious cat but i would never touch that crap again, Drugs are a waste of money.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#38New Post! Mar 29, 2010 @ 22:59:12
@Lfc1892 Said

I tried it before and it kept me awake for two days and i didn't feel tired, It was like a euphoric rush, I believe the people who died had underlying health problems, I know people who have been doing them types of legal drugs for years and they are fine, Im a curious cat but i would never touch that crap again, Drugs are a waste of money.

Well then I stand corrected.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#39New Post! Mar 29, 2010 @ 22:59:21
@Wellard Said

Methadone - mate used to buy it from heroin addicts to get him out of his head.

Mephedrone - governments usual answer to everything BAN it.In 1 years time the kids will still using it only this time it will be cut to f*** with god knows what other substances in it..way to go gov't.

Shrooms - As far as I know it is not illegal to pick or possess magic mushrooms in the UK as long as they have not been dried and cut.

Quote:
A law banning magic mushrooms and making them a class A drug has come into force.

The Drugs Act 2005 ends the situation in which fresh magic mushrooms were legal but those which were dried or prepared for use were not.

Quote:
These chemicals were already class A but previously the law did not apply to fresh or raw magic mushrooms which contain far less of the drug gram-for-gram than when dried.

Quote:
Under Clause 21 of the Drugs Act 2005, it is now an offence to import, export, produce, supply, possess or possess with intent to supply magic mushrooms, including in the form of grow kits.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4691899.stm
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#40New Post! Mar 29, 2010 @ 23:08:34
My home town had shrooms growing naturally all over the place, even in the field next to my house.

Seems weird that I could go from being totally legal to possession of a Class A drug from picking a mushroom at the bottom of my garden.
Lfc1892 On August 10, 2010

Deleted

Dublin, Ireland
#41New Post! Mar 29, 2010 @ 23:16:58
@jmo Said

My home town had shrooms growing naturally all over the place, even in the field next to my house.

Seems weird that I could go from being totally legal to possession of a Class A drug from picking a mushroom at the bottom of my garden.

I had to travel to the curragh in Kildare to get some before, It's about a hour n a half drive away. I swear to god those shrooms are not to be messed around with, Amsterdam is the best place for shrooms.
Wellard On April 29, 2012
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#42New Post! Mar 30, 2010 @ 08:44:02
@SparklyKatie Said

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4691899.stm

Thanks SparklyKatie

It has been 10 years since I was last living in the UK so no surprise the Gov have changed the drug laws.

Seems pretty stupid imo,but there you go.Used to go picking shrooms nearly every year in late sept beginning of oct.I always found mushies to be the safest,cleanest way of getting high plus you tended to be in control of how many you were having.Class A is a bit harsh they are no worse than some of weed that's on sale thesedays.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs