Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...8 9 10
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#136New Post! Jan 29, 2010 @ 17:07:55
@buffalobill90 Said

See posts #23, #31, #33, #36, #37 and #39.

I've read them. So you stop at subspecies? Or narrowly define it?

You can throw all of the same birds of a feather in the same cage and they are still going to be sorted as race, morphs, sub-species what have you. I understand what you are trying to say and most of this may be semantics but the use of race is common and has purpose.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#137New Post! Jan 29, 2010 @ 17:19:12
Explain the difference between race and social construct of animals.
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013
Powered by tea

Viaticum, United Kingdom
#138New Post! Jan 29, 2010 @ 17:41:15
@shinobinoz Said

I've read them. So you stop at subspecies? Or narrowly define it?

You can throw all of the same birds of a feather in the same cage and they are still going to be sorted as race, morphs, sub-species what have you. I understand what you are trying to say and most of this may be semantics but the use of race is common and has purpose.

All humans are members of the same subspecies, homo sapiens sapiens, according to taxonomical criteria. It is wrong to say that humanity as a subspecies can be further divided into subspecies.

I know that people commonly categorise each other into races according to physical appearance. I'm saying that it's pointless and divisive to do so. What benefits does racism confer? What purpose does it have? Calling apples apples in order to distinguish them from other fruit has a purpose. Calling certain humans 'black' and others 'white' has no good purpose.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#139New Post! Jan 29, 2010 @ 17:45:18
@buffalobill90 Said

All humans are members of the same subspecies, homo sapiens sapiens, according to taxonomical criteria. It is wrong to say that humanity as a subspecies can be further divided into subspecies.

I know that people commonly categorise each other into races according to physical appearance. I'm saying that it's pointless and divisive to do so. What benefits does racism confer? What purpose does it have? Calling apples apples in order to distinguish them from other fruit has a purpose. Calling certain humans 'black' and others 'white' has no good purpose.

Kinda like not calling Fuji apples as different than say Delicious, golden delicious, pink lady, gala, etc etc????
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013