Science, History, and the Bible

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7
moonstarr29 On November 12, 2009

Lakeland, Florida
#91New Post! Nov 12, 2009 @ 21:21:56
@KulliK357 Said

You might not want to take my word for it since I got this via a google search but This page has plenty of good definitions.
Now since I understand you don't know what a rhetorical question is then no, I don't know everything but based on the knowledge i have at this point I can say there is probably no god.

I`m sorry, but between this topic and the other one...I have already began drinking...so i do not feel like googling right now...
KulliK357 On July 15, 2013
Sausage Snowman

Dingwall,Scotland, United King
#92New Post! Nov 12, 2009 @ 21:23:17
@moonstarr29 Said

I`m sorry, but between this topic and the other one...I have already began drinking...so i do not feel like googling right now...

Then you may as well stop posting.
If you're unwilling to click a link then you must be unwilling to form a reasonable argument.

Lakeland, Florida
#93New Post! Nov 12, 2009 @ 21:24:52
@KulliK357 Said

Then you may as well stop posting.
If you're unwilling to click a link then you must be unwilling to form a reasonable argument.

I don`t want to be reasonable anymore...
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#94New Post! Nov 12, 2009 @ 21:26:02
@moonstarr29 Said

I don`t want to be reasonable anymore...

Truth be told, you never really were in this thread.

Lakeland, Florida
#95New Post! Nov 12, 2009 @ 21:29:47
@jonnythan Said

Truth be told, you never really were in this thread.

...everyone needs to straighten up because I just saw salutations enter the forum!!!
Sausage Snowman

#96New Post! Nov 12, 2009 @ 21:30:54
@moonstarr29 Said

...everyone needs to straighten up because I just saw salutations enter the forum!!!

I know eh, he's such a bogeyman, answering questions posed and quoting scripture.
*shudders*
ssnot_me On February 01, 2016

big D, Texas
#97New Post! Nov 12, 2009 @ 21:33:36
@KulliK357 Said

I know eh, he's such a bogeyman, answering questions posed and quoting scripture.
*shudders*

careful he might have a clove of garlic , soaked in holy water
Sausage Snowman

#98New Post! Nov 12, 2009 @ 21:59:11
@ssnot_me Said

careful he might have a clove of garlic , soaked in holy water

Fraid that wouldn't do much, it's like a negative times a negative, it would only serve to increase my vampiric powers
roBingoodfElLOW On January 06, 2010
Baldylocks

Deleted

Over yonder, Tajikistan
#99New Post! Nov 12, 2009 @ 23:24:03
@Salutations75 Said

I'll let her defend the prophecies she brings up. But I will give you:

Isaiah 45:
Thus says the Lord to his anointed, to Cyrus,
whose right hand I have grasped,
to subdue nations before him

?I will go before you
and level the exalted places,
I will break in pieces the doors of bronze
and cut through the bars of iron,
I will give you the treasures of darkness
and the hoards in secret places,
that you may know that it is I, the Lord,
the God of Israel, who call you by your name.
For the sake of my servant Jacob,
and Israel my chosen,
I call you by your name,
I name you, though you do not know me.
and to loose the belts of kings,

Isaiah lived around 740 BC and Cyrus was born 600 BC.
Over a hundred years before Cyrus was even born Isaiah prophesied that he would be a conqueror that God would use to aid Israel. Cyrus conquered Babylon (who had taken Israel captive) and allowed Israelites to return to Israel and rebuild the temple to God.

Take note of the fact that God says to the unborn Cyrus "I name you, though you do not know me."
God uses people who do not know Him at all and will never know Him to accomplish His purposes. Cyrus lived and died to accomplish God's tasks and he had no idea he was doing it.

So the bible says, hich was written some 200 years after cyrus no?
Salutations75 On November 24, 2009

Deleted

Toronto, Canada
#100New Post! Nov 12, 2009 @ 23:36:34
@roBingoodfElLOW Said

So the bible says, hich was written some 200 years after cyrus no?

Nope, we're quoting from the Old Testament here.
The Bible was written progressively over a very long period of time, many prophets wrote and predicted future events. This is one of those prophets from around 750 BC.
roBingoodfElLOW On January 06, 2010
Baldylocks

Deleted

Over yonder, Tajikistan
#101New Post! Nov 12, 2009 @ 23:40:46
@Salutations75 Said

Nope, we're quoting from the Old Testament here.
The Bible was written progressively over a very long period of time, many prophets wrote and predicted future events. This is one of those prophets from around 750 BC.

There have been many forms of the old testement, written over several hundred years by different people and what THEY wrote has been manipulated and cahnged no doubt to suite other people. The chances that ANYTHING issiah wrote in his original text has remained unchanged is probably quite slim.
Salutations75 On November 24, 2009

Deleted

Toronto, Canada
#102New Post! Nov 12, 2009 @ 23:55:26
@roBingoodfElLOW Said

There have been many forms of the old testement, written over several hundred years by different people and what THEY wrote has been manipulated and cahnged no doubt to suite other people. The chances that ANYTHING issiah wrote in his original text has remained unchanged is probably quite slim.

Please show me other forms of the old testament that the jews had, and please show me proof of manipulation.
needinput On November 13, 2009

Tampa, Florida
#103New Post! Nov 13, 2009 @ 15:16:01
@expressit Said

History :

Alexander the Great

History shows he was the son of Phillip the 2nd of Macedonia and his mothers name was Olympias, and was born at Pella in 356 B.C.E.
Although, he was not mentioned by name, his rule of the 5th world empire was fortold 2 centuries before he was born in Daniel 8:5-7.

Bible Prophecy
Daniel 8:5,7,20,21-
?A male of the goats .?.?.
proceeded to strike down the
ram and to break its two horns.?
?The ram that you saw possessing
the two horns stands for the
kings of Media and Persia. And
the hairy he-goat stands for the
king of Greece.?

Historic Fulfillment

After defeating the
Medo-Persian forces twice
in Asia Minor, Alexander?s
army pushed first to the South
and then to the East, completely
conquering the Medo-Persian
Empire.

Bible Prophecy

Ezekiel also prophecied in Ez.26:4,12-
"And your(Tyre`s) dust they will place in the very midst of the water"

History
In 332?B.C.E., Alexander
used the rubble of the old
mainland city of Tyre to build
a causeway to the island city,which he destroyed.

Bible Prophecy

?As soon as it became mighty, the great horn was broken.?
Daniel 8:8

History
In 323 B.C.E., at 32 years of age, he was stricken and died.

Bible Prophecy
Jeremiah 51:26 -
"Desolate wastes to time indefinite are what Babylon will become"

History
His plans to rebuild Babylon as his capital failed and it became a desolate waste.

Bible Prophecy
Daniel 11:4 -
"His kingdom will be broken and be divided...but not to his posterity".

History
Alexander`s heirs were murdered and the kingdom fell apart.

Bible Prophecy
Daniel 8: 8, 22
"The great horn was broken and there proceeded to come up... four instead of it".

History
By 301 B.C.E. four of Alexanders generals had taken over seperate sections of the former empire.

@SparklyKatie Said

So there's been no world power since the British Empire?

Surely America has to be counted, why not a beast with 8 heads?

@expressit Said

History:

There have been many world powers throughout history, but there have been 7 major ones; Alexander was Greece, which was the 5th world power. In order they are - Egypt, Assyria, Babylonian, Medo-Persia, Greece, and Rome. It has been common throughout history, and in the Bible, to use animals, (beasts) to symbolize world powers. Britain has it`s lion, China it`s dragon, United States is the American Eagle and so on...
The wild beast mentioned in Revelation with seven heads and ten horns (Rev. 13) is just the major political governments of the Earth. Some of the heads have 2 horns because the power was split - like when Alexander went against the Medo-Persia world power. The seventh world power that came after Rome was Great Britain.

There is no way ancient Bible writers could have known on their own about Britain etc...

@expressit Said

Very good point about America being counted.

The horns are symbolic of world powers that have pulled together in a dominant role. It was not until later, as we learned in history as kids, that America was discovered...then of course the war of 1812 between England and America....etc...In Revelation 13:3, John in his vision said "And I saw one of its heads as though slaughtered to death, but its death-stroke got healed, and all of the earth followed the wild beast with admiration".
In Rev. 13;14...this "death-stroke" is also called "sword-stroke", and a sword is a symbol of warfare.

In history, what could be large enough to cause a 'death-stroke" to this existing world power, where the "death-stroke" was healed?

Historians write there are few dates as important as August 2, 1914.
For the dominant seventh head of the wild beast, that war was a major disaster. Along with other European nations, Britain lost men in traumatic numbers. In one battle alone, the Battle of the River Somme in 1916, there were 420,000 British casualties along with some 194,000 French and 440,000 German?more than 1,000,000 casualties. Economically, too, Britain?together with the rest of Europe?was shattered. The huge British Empire staggered under the blow and never fully recovered.

In this war, there were 28 leading nations participating, and it sent the entire world reeling as if by a "deathblow". On August?4, 1979, just 65 years after the outbreak of World War?I, The Economist, of London, England, commented: ?In 1914 the world lost a coherence which it has not managed to recapture since.?

For the first years of the war, public opinion kept the United States out of the conflict, but in 1917 the United States contributed resources and manpower. Now the hugh British Empire, along with the powerful United States make up the 7th head of this wild beast, with 2 horns, and ..."its death-stroke got healed".

@roBingoodfElLOW Said

Seems a bit too uncanny to me.

It does seem uncanny...of course I even think it is uncanny that we are all here and we are not sure how!...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs