Philosophy

Question. I wonder is the "United" States heading for another civil war

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
ronrmorris On June 06, 2014

, Texas
#46New Post! Sep 01, 2009 @ 15:08:47
If you want to get the facts Google them. There are many there. My apologies if I seem offensive / other wise. I only came in in the hopes of opening eyes to the trend (not conspiracy) that has been going on for some time and is speeding up. Read up on the 'Patriot Act'. It is definitely part of the trend. Constitutional? No. The patriot act gave the feds sweeping powers including some that I mentioned.
Subjectivity9 On September 28, 2009

madisonville, Tennessee
#47New Post! Sep 01, 2009 @ 15:40:01
Hey Ron,

You don't seem offensive to me. It seems like it is always best to question everything politically. How else are we going to insure the health of our body politic. Even if I didn't agree with one thing you said, which isn't the case, we should surely thank people like yourself who are willing if nothing else to play 'Devil's Advocate'. It keeps us keen and alert.

So Thanx
Subjectivity9
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#48New Post! Sep 01, 2009 @ 20:48:04
@ronrmorris Said

If you want to get the facts Google them. There are many there. My apologies if I seem offensive / other wise. I only came in in the hopes of opening eyes to the trend (not conspiracy) that has been going on for some time and is speeding up. Read up on the 'Patriot Act'. It is definitely part of the trend. Constitutional? No. The patriot act gave the feds sweeping powers including some that I mentioned.

The patriot act is being dismantled by the current administration. If you were going to rise up, you should have done it when the last administration was in power. THEY are the ones that took your rights away, under the guise of keeping you safe. Now that your rights are being given back, you think it's time to complain?

And, if you really live in Texas, your Congressmen are among the loudest opponents of you getting your rights back, and were the first to sign on when they were taken away.

Perhaps you need to clean your own side of the street before looking at the sidewalks in Washington DC.
ronrmorris On June 06, 2014

, Texas
#49New Post! Sep 02, 2009 @ 18:09:34
While you might think so take another look. There are other bills that you do not see. Parts of the patriot act have been made permanent others are being 'replaced' because better technology is available for it. In all the years that you have been a citizen of this country have you EVER known the government to willingly give up anything it has taken? Especially since the supreme court has sanctioned it. HomeLand Security is still here and smacks of yesteryears gestapo. It's powers WILL not decrease, it was designed by congress to continually grow. By the way most of these years you spoke of were under the Democratic party since they had congressional majority. Don't just blame Bush or the republicans it is a trend in both parties.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#50New Post! Sep 03, 2009 @ 06:19:18
There are no bills that I don't see. There are none that you don't see either.

Bills are a matter of public record, it is the law that they be made available to the public when they are introduced.

You can look up any bill ever presented by congress in the library of congress..

that would be www.loc.gov
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs