Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
rider On September 28, 2009

Deleted

The first one, Australia
#16New Post! Jul 08, 2009 @ 15:29:29
@plebian_angel Said

And then when the parent paying child support moves states, it's harder to make them pay!

No it doesn't,when a Goverment introduces a new law it covers the whole country and something like this has to be introduced by Your Federal Government or in Australia"s case our Parliment.

Not into Family Law because every state has different laws.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#17New Post! Jul 08, 2009 @ 15:30:10
@rider Said

No it doesn't,when a Goverment introduces a new law it covers the whole country and something like this has to be introduced by Your Federal Government or in Australia"s case our Parliment.

Not into Family Law because every state has different laws.

I'm talking presently..at least here it is.

Deleted

The first one, Australia
#18New Post! Jul 08, 2009 @ 15:33:30
@plebian_angel Said

I'm talking presently..at least here it is.

Well the government has to be pressured into it,so why shouldn't the law makers do something along those lines??
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#19New Post! Jul 08, 2009 @ 15:34:38
@rider Said

Well the government has to be pressured into it,so why shouldn't the law makers do something along those lines??

They're too busy with other stuff...like whether to build a commuter rail or not
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#20New Post! Jul 08, 2009 @ 15:38:02
Plebs, it also gets tricky when the parent RECEIVING child support moves and doesn't leave a new address

Deleted

The first one, Australia
#21New Post! Jul 08, 2009 @ 15:39:11
[

@plebian_angel Said

They're too busy with other stuff...like whether to build a commuter rail or not

For their purpose,robbing the General Public.

Deleted

The first one, Australia
#22New Post! Jul 08, 2009 @ 15:39:50
@Wingsy Said

Plebs, it also gets tricky when the parent RECEIVING child support moves and doesn't leave a new address

Good Point Wingsy
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#23New Post! Jul 08, 2009 @ 15:40:37
@Wingsy Said

Who does that? That's just idiotic.
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#24New Post! Jul 08, 2009 @ 15:42:03
@plebian_angel Said

Who does that? That's just idiotic.

My dad's ex-wife
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#25New Post! Jul 08, 2009 @ 16:04:00
@Wingsy Said

My dad's ex-wife

What a moron
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#26New Post! Jul 08, 2009 @ 16:06:04
@plebian_angel Said

What a moron

He could prove that he sent the checks so when she took him to court for back support, the judge said "too bad" and Dad set up an arrangement to send his checks to social services. She did the same thing AGAIN, and when he had to go to court, the social worker walked in with copies of all of the checks

(I was young when it happened, but my dad found a bunch of the stuff in a box yesterday and we were talking about it last night )
Charlemagne On December 10, 2012

Houston,
#27New Post! Jul 10, 2009 @ 16:57:54
@plebian_angel Said

Again people, don't sleep with someone you don't want a kid with!! This is what happens when you pick loser dads.

Or moms....
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#28New Post! Jul 10, 2009 @ 17:01:54
It really makes women look bad for being so avid on filing for child support and really attacking guys for it.
You can take care of a child with one pay check and no other help. My mom does it.
My dad and biological mom don't pay child support to her.
And we're doing fine without it.

Likewise, it makes men look really bad if they don't man up and take care of their kids voluntarily.
My dad sees me often and is the fun parent.

I just don't understand why parents just can't come to peaceful, mutual agreements....
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#29New Post! Jul 10, 2009 @ 17:02:20
@Charlemagne Said

Or moms....

Yup. My biological mom was the loser in my situation.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#30New Post! Jul 10, 2009 @ 22:30:25
I only worked in the family court system for a short time. I honestly could not handle things like this, men refusing to pay child support, all the fighting and people just being so mean to each other. However, the work I did taught me a few things and I can see both sides to a degree.

Here child support is based on your income. I understand that and think that is fair. But in some cases that are few and far between when dealing with wealthy people the amount of child support is silly. Imagine if you will having to pay 20,000 a month for child support for one newborn baby. I know these cases are few but they happen. Yes it is basing it on his income but what baby needs $20,000 a month to survive? In these rare cases, I can help but wonder how much of that money is actually being spent just on the child.

For just regular folk, the amount of child support is a reasonable amount to provide for the child, unless dealing with a low income earner. But again, it's all based on salary. In these cases the women are not using the money on themselves but you would not believe the amount of men who say the woman is wasting it on them. I'm sure some do, but that again is rare.

Another thing I wonder about is this;

A woman can get pregnant and decide to abort a baby, even if the man does not want her to. However, say a couple are together for a few years and the man has always said he did not want kids. Say they used condoms, birth control etc and did all they could to not have a baby. Then say the woman wanted to have a baby so she stopped birth control, poked holes in the condoms etc and she got pregnant. They break up, that man has to pay child support and I do not think that is fair. I know this is rare but it can and does happen. Where are the rights of the man in these cases?

But it breaks my heart to know that there are men out there doing all they can not to pay child support for babies they have willingly made. What kind of messed up person does that?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs