The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

I was thinking about Terri Schiavo a few days ago...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
rubylights On November 30, 2021

Miami, Florida
#1New Post! Feb 27, 2009 @ 21:57:23
I remember what a huge fuss everyone made about her. But in the end, it was really her husband's decision, if she was unable to make it herself anymore. Anyways, I was just trying to figure out why people went so crazy over her. She was just one life. So many others are ended every day. And it seems like all those people were in a situation that had nothing to do with them. They should have been at home tending to their own families.
skottie On September 23, 2009

Deleted

, Texas
#2New Post! Feb 27, 2009 @ 21:59:57
@rubylights Said

I remember what a huge fuss everyone made about her. But in the end, it was really her husband's decision, if she was unable to make it herself anymore. Anyways, I was just trying to figure out why people went so crazy over her. She was just one life. So many others are ended every day. And it seems like all those people were in a situation that had nothing to do with them. They should have been at home tending to their own families.

agree
cGobla On March 15, 2018

Polcenigo, Italy
#3New Post! Feb 27, 2009 @ 22:00:09
i think it has to do with the whole control over weather other's lives should be ended or not. Some people think that others lives should not be ended for any reason especially by others.
xTeddyx On April 30, 2012
Teddy Hugs

On my mind, Georgia
#4New Post! Feb 27, 2009 @ 22:17:29
Good point!
hazuki0chan On July 18, 2012
Zombie Slayer

San Francisco, California
#5New Post! Feb 27, 2009 @ 22:20:16
don't hurt me i just wanna know. is she the lady that was on a feeding tube? i

Miami, Florida
#6New Post! Feb 27, 2009 @ 22:22:56
@hazuki0chan Said

don't hurt me i just wanna know. is she the lady that was on a feeding tube? i

yeah, that's the one.

Miami, Florida
#7New Post! Feb 27, 2009 @ 22:24:24
@cGobla Said

i think it has to do with the whole control over weather other's lives should be ended or not. Some people think that others lives should not be ended for any reason especially by others.

I'm sure people are very passionate about that, but shouldn't they be worried about murderers on the streets instead of people who are doing what they feel is right for their families?
fractal7221 On November 08, 2012

Hubbard, Ohio
#8New Post! Feb 28, 2009 @ 03:59:42
The entire fuss was not so much about Terri Schiavo in particular. Instead, the entire ordeal was used by many people as a social referendum. The topic of legalized euthanasia vs the sanctity of life was one the U.S. had not had much public discussion over. As the catalyst for the discussion, she was unfortunately used by many competing groups trying sway people to their point of view.
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#9New Post! Feb 28, 2009 @ 04:09:15
I do estate planning. That case prompted a LOT of people to do health care powers of attorney.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#10New Post! Feb 28, 2009 @ 04:11:36
@fractal7221 Said

The entire fuss was not so much about Terri Schiavo in particular. Instead, the entire ordeal was used by many people as a social referendum. The topic of legalized euthanasia vs the sanctity of life was one the U.S. had not had much public discussion over. As the catalyst for the discussion, she was unfortunately used by many competing groups trying sway people to their point of view.

I remember the day the feeding tube was taken out vividly since it was here in FL. It was all over the new, i saw protesters and everything.

Utlimately...I think its important for people write their power of attorney form regarding health care as soon as they can and really think about what they would want. In Terri's case...i believe the decision should have been the husband's from the beginning.

Personally, I wouldn't want to live in that state for long...I wouldn't want to say on a feeding tube or oxygen that long. Only if i can survive without it do i want to be alive.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs