Thinking of getting a tattoo next year.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Forget_About_Me On June 22, 2014
Victory is mine!

, Canada
#16New Post! Aug 14, 2007 @ 15:32:40
If it's what you want then go for it. I'm not big on tattoos, but if what you're getting means something to you, then carpe diem.
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Aug 14, 2007 @ 15:38:01
@jonnythan Said
Depends on who is doing the designing.

A lot of people design their own, which makes it free. The artist adapts it for tattooing for, generally, a nominal fee.

Not over here they dont. Even if you were to design your own they will still charge a fee for having to transfer it onto the paper. and then of course extra if they design it for you.

But personally so worth every penny, at least you know noone else will have the same
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#18New Post! Aug 14, 2007 @ 15:39:30
@treacle Said
Not over here they dont. Even if you were to design your own they will still charge a fee for having to transfer it onto the paper. and then of course extra if they design it for you.

But personally so worth every penny, at least you know noone else will have the same

That's what I said. They adapt it for tattooing for a fee

It's apparently not a whole lot, though, if the design is good.
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Aug 14, 2007 @ 15:40:13
@jonnythan Said
Depends on who is doing the designing.

A lot of people design their own, which makes it free. The artist adapts it for tattooing for, generally, a nominal fee.

Also, it doesnt just depend on who is doing it. The cost will also depend on how big, how much detail, colours being used and time it will take to do it
toriiii On September 18, 2007

McDonough, Georgia
#20New Post! Aug 14, 2007 @ 15:51:54
I don't want mine all out with colors and everything. I just want black and white. anyother color would be nice but if it cost more..
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Aug 14, 2007 @ 15:53:51
@toriiii Said
I don't want mine all out with colors and everything. I just want black and white. anyother color would be nice but if it cost more..

Do you know who you want to do it for you?

McDonough, Georgia
#22New Post! Aug 14, 2007 @ 16:01:17
@treacle Said
Do you know who you want to do it for you?
Not yet, im still looking into it.
Surprisingly there are no tattoo parlors where I live, I might have just over looked it.
sinnocent On September 23, 2008

Deleted

Under Your Bed, Canada
#23New Post! Aug 18, 2007 @ 01:56:13
I wouldn't suggest getting a tattoo while underage, just because it severely limits who you can go to. Personally, I'm waiting until I'm 18 because I'd rather go to an artist whose work I LOVE, than to whoever is willing to do it. If you do go now, though, make sure to look through your artist's portfolio beforehand to make sure you like their work, as once it's done you're stuck with it forever.

As for the piercings, that's a myth. Your piercings might act up while you're sick, but I've never heard of them making anyone sick...
Make sure you go to a reputable shop! Don't get it done with a gun, make sure it's a needle.
The jewelry used should look like this:

or this:

You could get a CBR (Captive Bead Ring), but it's not recommended because it will create a lot of movement which drags bacteria and dried lymph (crusties) through the piercing, tearing it.
A CBR looks like this:

Be wary of anyone who offers to pierce you with jewelry that looks like this <see picture below> , as your piercing will heal around the narrow shaft and you will not be able to get it back out without having to cut it out. This type of jewelry also tends to be really low quality metal, and you may have an allergic reaction to it.

Good luck.

McDonough, Georgia
#24New Post! Sep 18, 2007 @ 18:36:28
Wow. You really know alot of this stuff don't you.
That's good though. People need to know this stuff.
emlyn On May 02, 2010

Deleted

, Ireland
#25New Post! Sep 23, 2007 @ 14:24:20
i was shore i wonted one last year.. got it... now a year later i'v second thoughts, its a nice tatoo, it'll never be an eye sore, its artistic but if i ever got into modeling id have to put make up on the tatoo every time.
i now kinda think a tattoo is a waste of money.. the human body is beautiful as it is... it's like headin out nd gettin high on meeting wit friends nd dancen (pure) or soul plastic reason only for drugs & alcohol!
beauty is truth, truth is beauty
stitchedkitten On September 27, 2007

Cape Town, South Africa
#26New Post! Sep 24, 2007 @ 09:29:56
I wanna get a tattoo, but I have that idea in the back of my head that once it's there, its there for life...

So hmm...but I think I'll get one anyways :D
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#27New Post! Sep 24, 2007 @ 09:38:47
If your not sure what you want and where you want it thats normally a good indication that its not the right time for you to have one.

And theres no harm in thinking ahead either. Something that you may like now, might not be your first choice in 10 years time.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs