Relationships

no child support

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
rabbit1954 On December 02, 2006

Banned

im in canada, Zimbabwe
#1New Post! Nov 11, 2006 @ 01:00:38
another topic i hear from women seperated or never married that the father is not paying child support.my opinion is many people hear this and should learn from it. i tell them they should have put money in a account weekly so if the father disapperas and you dont get child support you can use the childs saveings
WildChild On February 16, 2013
Perv Magnet

Southern Middle, Tennessee
#2New Post! Nov 11, 2006 @ 01:04:33
I never had that problem. My ex-husband always made sure his child support was paid at least on time if not early. He was a good father and worried about his child having everything she needed. He's been dead 10 years now and he's still with us taking care of her , I just know that.
mimsworld On October 06, 2008

Gympie, Australia
#3New Post! Nov 11, 2006 @ 01:19:41
@rabbit1954 Said
another topic i hear from women seperated or never married that the father is not paying child support.my opinion is many people hear this and should learn from it. i tell them they should have put money in a account weekly so if the father disapperas and you dont get child support you can use the childs saveings

Why should anyone have to plan ahead like that? I'm sorry, but I think if everyone had that sort of opinion than the human race really needs to look at itself.

You pay child support because they are your children as well and therefore it is your responisibility as a parent to help support them. No matter what your opinion is of the other parent. I can't understand why men or women wouldn't pay. Why make a child go without and why should anyone have to plan ahead, what happened to good old common decency.
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#4New Post! Nov 11, 2006 @ 01:30:37
I agree with mimsworld

A pack of condoms is cheaper then 18yrs of child support.

Both parties are responsible for their child. Yeah, sure hind-sight is 20/20.....but if you're adult enough to play, then you are adult enough to pay.

I did fine with no support from my ex. Not one dime was ever paid. Somehow or another, he managed to stay on Welfare......the government couldn't touch him then.

I worked and went to college, my daughter never lacked for anything, thanks to me.
animal_rescue On August 11, 2011

, United States (general)
#5New Post! Nov 11, 2006 @ 02:01:35
When ever i see stuff on the news about stuff like this, they are always talking about the parents.

What about the kid.
garfunkel On December 29, 2008
my beautiful rescue

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#6New Post! Nov 11, 2006 @ 02:02:49
@mimsworld Said

You pay child support because they are your children as well and therefore it is your responisibility as a parent to help support them. No matter what your opinion is of the other parent. I can't understand why men or women wouldn't pay. Why make a child go without and why should anyone have to plan ahead, what happened to good old common decency.

Exactly!

When my Dad left he barely paid any child support at all for me and my brothers. He purposely quit his job so that he could get out of paying it all together. Leaving Mum by herself to support herself and 5 kids. How is that fair?!
animal_rescue On August 11, 2011

, United States (general)
#7New Post! Nov 11, 2006 @ 02:06:06
It isnt, that is the kinda stuff the goverment should act on ^
mimsworld On October 06, 2008

Gympie, Australia
#8New Post! Nov 11, 2006 @ 02:13:06
@animal_rescue Said
It isnt, that is the kinda stuff the goverment should act on ^

I disagree, these are suppose to be adults & should be able to do the right thing without the government telling them what is the right thing.

At the same time, the parent receiving shouldn't ask for more then what they need to help support the children. There is no reason to be greedy and those people who want more, even demand more are not thinking of the children but of themselves and there own vendetta against the other parent. That is the reason so many parents do what they can do avoid paying altogether.
holacik On November 14, 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
#9New Post! Nov 11, 2006 @ 02:24:55
@garfunkel Said
Exactly!

When my Dad left he barely paid any child support at all for me and my brothers. He purposely quit his job so that he could get out of paying it all together. Leaving Mum by herself to support herself and 4 kids. How is that fair?!

Damn that's pretty messed up...to purposely quit is beyond the most petty thing you can do...
horny_lil_devil On March 21, 2013

Wollongong, Australia
#10New Post! Nov 11, 2006 @ 02:26:55
my dad doesn't talk to me but he was suppost to pay like $200 week it got taken out of his wage weekly and the amount was decided on how much he earned a week then he quit his job is now on the doll and pays $6.50 a week,
go dad...not he's an arse anyway
rabbit1954 On December 02, 2006

Banned

im in canada, Zimbabwe
#11New Post! Nov 14, 2006 @ 00:08:36
waaaaaaaaaait... this is for those outside the us. in the us a father runs off the govt doesnt really spend time looking for them so the mothers get on welfare. yes some husbands are caught but like the illegal mexicans they work under the table so its hard for the govt to catch them or they get caught and wages garnisheed. they quit go some place else and it keeps going. never ends.so if they have to go on welfare they have to deal with other problems. now the owners of the house'apt are after them because rents not paid, followed by utilites. so now both their credit is shot and the female goes to court and ends up paying it all because husband cant be found. and for desert you have to quit your job because you cant afford day care and have to look for a place to live.so its best to have enough money in a accout where you can pay rent for 90 days, baby stuff for 90 days gas, util, and food. that gives you time for welfare or a better paying job to kick in. when i went to school to be a law enforcement officer the main theme was....cover your butt.
garfunkel On December 29, 2008
my beautiful rescue

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#12New Post! Nov 14, 2006 @ 00:16:27
If they have no other choice than to go on welfare because one of the parents shuns their responsbilities, you cannot blame the other having to go on welfare or getting help from the government.

You're whole 'you should be prepared for this', its not that simple..When you get married and have kids you not exactly expecting one parent to go off and leave you.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Nov 14, 2006 @ 00:24:10
sign of the times, years back a man would have to completely dissapear in shame if he couldnt support his family, but then times have changed an awful lot *gets back in rocking chair*
sweetrnsugar77 On December 22, 2008

Deleted

My Apartment, Oregon
#14New Post! Nov 14, 2006 @ 00:29:03
I think that both parties SHOULD be responsible but it stands to reason that if they are in this situation they both have problems of their own.

You cant force someone to do the right thing. I dont think I could "assume" someone would leave me and save for it but I certainly wouldnt be getting pregnant if I thought someone wasnt a good man and willing to be a good dad.

My dad never paid child support because he didnt have money but he helped my mom whenever he could and he took care of us when my mom needed time off.

I think thats fair.
mummy2be2007 On January 23, 2007

Melbourne, Australia
#15New Post! Nov 14, 2006 @ 04:06:34
@rabbit1954 Said

There is always a way to find the father of your child/children
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs