Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 · >>
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#61New Post! Apr 29, 2012 @ 11:59:22
@raditz Said

When women give birth they don't "need" to stay in the hospital for 2-4 days either.

When they have a Cesarean or complications they do..
Plus you have to take into account how long you're in labor for. My sister-in-law was in the hospital for 65 hours.
Carly's Mommy

#62New Post! Apr 29, 2012 @ 12:01:35
@cammie Said

Read this and weep boys

Only happened yesterday

https://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8458634/chinese-man-dies-after-testicle-squeeze

OUCHHH! Although, he probably had some kind of other issue (heart issues, etc.), I'm not so sure it was the act of squeezing his sac that killed him. The fainting, sure.
Carly's Mommy

#63New Post! Apr 29, 2012 @ 12:05:14
@CaLyPsO Said

my gran always said labour pain was like pushing a water melon through a nostril

Sounds about right. Your cervix goes from pretty much closed to 10cm in diameter and even then there's tearing and all sorts of fun junk going on
Reviso On November 23, 2014

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#64New Post! Apr 29, 2012 @ 12:05:56
Was, Kristie, Habermas, the philosopher, commissioned to write his manuals by the present pope? There was "The Search for the Missing in Knowledge."
Carly's Mommy

#65New Post! Apr 29, 2012 @ 12:10:59
@Jennifer1984 Said

She's right.

Of course, neither gender can experience the other's pain in this particular regard, so I guess it's reasonable for people to try to find a means of measuring pain and therefore being able to make comparison.

As your nurse friend quite rightly says though, even if pain could be effectively measured, everybody's pain threshold is different so any comparison between two particular people would be relevant to them and them only.

I agree with you, that this is a peeve. Men who produce this kind of nonsense are simply trying to play down what women go through because they realise just how serious it is. They have this strange sort of mentality that turns things into 'competitions'. As if it's important for men to win on the "This-hurts-scale". Perhaps they think that if they can find something they may experience uniquely as men, that they can pass off as being more painful than something we experience uniquely as women, they they have somehow gained some sort of victory.

Having once witnessed a girl-friend of mine put her knee in a man's groin when he didn't take "Thanks, You're really nice but I'm not interested", which, due to his drunken persistence, eventually developed to "Look, sod off and keep your bloody hands to yourself" for an answer, I must admit it looks jolly painful.

But in a brief moment or two, he got up, and I'm sure that he got his breath back, his eyes stopped watering and he was able to walk again. Within a minute or so, I'm sure his voice would have dropped the several octaves it had risen, back down the register to normal.

You wanna know pain, fellas...? Try labour for umpteen hours, culminating in something that feels like crapping a basketball. That will REALLY make your eyes water.

Didn't really think about the competition part (which with testosterone is very likely). I've always thought it's one or a combo of the following:
1. They don't like all the attention she gets for something that "happens everyday", afterall, no one coddles or tries to soothe him when his junk gets hit.

2. They know that it's a scary/amazing/excruciating thing women go through, but as men, they can't bare the thought of women maaaaaybe being "stronger" than them or "more important"

Men can be complete babies sometimes. And they screw it up for the men who are compassionate. They hold their wives hand and are actually humbled, grateful and amazed by what their partner was able to do. That, to me, is the actions of a real man.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying getting kicked in the balls doesn't hurt. If it can bring a guy to tears it probably does. But I really think it's comparing apples to oranges with childbirth. You cannot compare the two.
ClickBoom On November 12, 2012

, Canada
#66New Post! Apr 29, 2012 @ 13:02:25
@Kristy69 Said

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying getting kicked in the balls doesn't hurt. If it can bring a guy to tears it probably does. But I really think it's comparing apples to oranges with childbirth. You cannot compare the two.

That doesn't begin to describe it. It will take your breath away... literally. Ever had the wind knocked out of you?
CaLyPsO On June 04, 2022
spankable deity

kent, United Kingdom
#67New Post! Apr 29, 2012 @ 13:29:20
@Kristy69 Said

Sounds about right. Your cervix goes from pretty much closed to 10cm in diameter and even then there's tearing and all sorts of fun junk going on

but its a positive pain so im told...lol xx
Carly's Mommy

#68New Post! Apr 29, 2012 @ 14:06:01
@CaLyPsO Said

but its a positive pain so im told...lol xx

I mean.... I guess? But at the time Idk how much you're focusing on the finish line so much as the pain you can't get away from. Idk.
CaLyPsO On June 04, 2022
spankable deity

kent, United Kingdom
#69New Post! Apr 29, 2012 @ 14:09:56
@Kristy69 Said

I mean.... I guess? But at the time Idk how much you're focusing on the finish line so much as the pain you can't get away from. Idk.

well i suffered different pain through child birth but i have 4 kids so i know you forget what you go through and do focus on what your getting at the end x
Carly's Mommy

#70New Post! Apr 29, 2012 @ 14:10:45
@CaLyPsO Said

well i suffered different pain through child birth but i have 4 kids so i know you forget what you go through and do focus on what your getting at the end x

I've heard at the end you forget all about it once the baby is in your arms.
CaLyPsO On June 04, 2022
spankable deity

kent, United Kingdom
#71New Post! Apr 29, 2012 @ 14:20:39
@Kristy69 Said

I've heard at the end you forget all about it once the baby is in your arms.

yeah thats true you do...it is all worth it xx
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#72New Post! Apr 29, 2012 @ 14:35:25
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#73New Post! Apr 29, 2012 @ 14:54:21
@Kristy69 Said

Give me a break!

This s*** is so ridiculous. It really bothers me when men will say/do anything to make child birth seem like "no big deal."

Idk why but that is one of my biggest pet peeves!!
Ugh!

9000 del of pain my ass... "A human body can bear only up to 45 del (unit) of pain. But at the time of giving birth, a woman feels up to 57 del (unit) of pain. This is similar to twenty bones getting fractured at a time."

And speaking to a nurse that I know, she says "units of pain" are complete BS. Everyone's pain threshold is different.

First of all, how would ANYONE know for sure? Men cannot have childbirth, and Women do not have balls. Personally, I think that bearing a child out of your cervix would be like me pooping a bowling ball out of my anus.

J.R.
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#74New Post! Apr 29, 2012 @ 15:48:17
@Kristy69 Said

Give me a break!

This s*** is so ridiculous. It really bothers me when men will say/do anything to make child birth seem like "no big deal."

Idk why but that is one of my biggest pet peeves!!
Ugh!

9000 del of pain my ass... "A human body can bear only up to 45 del (unit) of pain. But at the time of giving birth, a woman feels up to 57 del (unit) of pain. This is similar to twenty bones getting fractured at a time."

And speaking to a nurse that I know, she says "units of pain" are complete BS. Everyone's pain threshold is different.

@Jennifer1984 Said

She's right.

Of course, neither gender can experience the other's pain in this particular regard, so I guess it's reasonable for people to try to find a means of measuring pain and therefore being able to make comparison.

As your nurse friend quite rightly says though, even if pain could be effectively measured, everybody's pain threshold is different so any comparison between two particular people would be relevant to them and them only.

I agree with you, that this is a peeve. Men who produce this kind of nonsense are simply trying to play down what women go through because they realise just how serious it is. They have this strange sort of mentality that turns things into 'competitions'. As if it's important for men to win on the "This-hurts-scale". Perhaps they think that if they can find something they may experience uniquely as men, that they can pass off as being more painful than something we experience uniquely as women, they they have somehow gained some sort of victory.

Having once witnessed a girl-friend of mine put her knee in a man's groin when he didn't take "Thanks, You're really nice but I'm not interested", which, due to his drunken persistence, eventually developed to "Look, sod off and keep your bloody hands to yourself" for an answer, I must admit it looks jolly painful.

But in a brief moment or two, he got up, and I'm sure that he got his breath back, his eyes stopped watering and he was able to walk again. Within a minute or so, I'm sure his voice would have dropped the several octaves it had risen, back down the register to normal.

You wanna know pain, fellas...? Try labour for umpteen hours, culminating in something that feels like crapping a basketball. That will REALLY make your eyes water.

@Kristy69 Said

Didn't really think about the competition part (which with testosterone is very likely). I've always thought it's one or a combo of the following:
1. They don't like all the attention she gets for something that "happens everyday", afterall, no one coddles or tries to soothe him when his junk gets hit.

2. They know that it's a scary/amazing/excruciating thing women go through, but as men, they can't bare the thought of women maaaaaybe being "stronger" than them or "more important"

Men can be complete babies sometimes. And they screw it up for the men who are compassionate. They hold their wives hand and are actually humbled, grateful and amazed by what their partner was able to do. That, to me, is the actions of a real man.

Just read these statements are they competitive in nature? My pain is more than your pain. Can I say this must be a woman hormones thing
Chrill On August 01, 2022
Gesundheit

Järfälla, Sweden
#75New Post! Apr 29, 2012 @ 15:49:52
There is no worse pain than stepping on a Lego.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs