The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

?Will science one day prove that God exists??

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 · >>
Raymondone888 On January 26, 2013
Rise above the cloud

London, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Dec 11, 2010 @ 23:30:49

?Does GOD Exist??, is a question that many of us ask ourselves at some point in our short lives,
and more often than not, answers that can offer certainty to belief, still evade us.

Without concrete evidence, to believe in God takes a ?giant leap of faith? which many of us, including myself are not prepared to take. What I can say with certainty, is that I have been the recipient of significant but incomprehensible positive experiences in my life that have effected change.

One of the problems with the quest to find GOD or a being that unifies us, is that there exists so many organised religions in this world that are in conflict with each other. What complicates things more is that this same conflict exists within each religion. Much of this conflict emanates from the differing interpretations by theologians and scholars of the texts from the Bible, Koran, etc, etc.
It's not surprising that many people avoid or respond angrily when the name of God is mentioned.
We can see this more clearly when we observe the religious movements below.

GOD means different things to different people.

The Catholic church believes that God the father, Son, and the Holy ghost are all one entity.
True Christians believe in the teachings of Jesus the son of a loving God.
Jesuits believe in the God of Abraham, Noah & Moses but do not believe Christ is the messiah.
Jehovah Witnesses hail Christ as the messiah, with God and the Holy spirit as separate entities.
The Hindu religion believes in many Gods
Peaceful Buddhists have no God whatsoever, but believe in Karma and reincarnation.
Other organisations believe that Aliens have visited us and that they are what we call Gods.
Alongside all the above we have many sub religions and cults including Devil worshippers.

Concept

It is quite extraordinary how each person or religions concept of God can vary so widely.
Personal belief is often shaped or manipulated by the religious hierarchy of different faiths.
They all proclaim to be the true faith, which is a strong indication that in all probability,
non are completely correct. Religious books like the bible and Koran proclaim to have been written by prophets (messengers of God), and although I do not dispute the fact that those writers were wise individuals or groups, unfortunately they are human and are fallible.

Fairy Tales

If God wanted us to have a book that conveyed his wisdom to mankind, it follows that there would only be the need for one book. Why would God need to gift us more?
Although these books do contain a great deal of wisdom, much of the content is contradictory, and so biblical scholars can chose their own interpretations. To add to the confusion, much of the bible is allegorical and interpretation of their meanings can go from one end of the scale to the other.
In many ways, the bible and Koran are no more believable than fairy tales.

For this reason, I will avoid tackling the organised religious element of the subject, and concentrate on exploring it from the perspective of a lifetime's personal experience, and asking if modern discoveries in science can substantiate the existence of a hidden force that binds us all together.
What can science say about God?

Geologists through carbon dating, continental shift, repeated ice ages, etc, have estimate that the earth is some 4.54 billion years old. Current estimates as of 2010 put the birth of our universe at approximately 13,7 Billion years ago. From the epicentre of the big bang, one tiny particle (they say) has grown into the expanding universe that we know exists today. Science has informed us that the universe is made up of elements that can be broken down into atoms with orbiting electrons. These atoms are made up of protons and neutrons, which in turn are made up of quarks and so on down the line. We also know that there are enormous spaces in-between these atoms.

If it were possible for us to shrink ourselves down to one trillionth the size of an atom, so that we could actually stand upon one, it is possible (I imagine) that it would be similar to what we observe from the earth when we look up at the night sky. We might observe the vast spaces in-between those tiny points of light that are other atoms and electrons. These spaces are important.

The human body

The human body is made up of the very same atoms as described above. The same atoms that make up the human body are the same atoms that make up everything that surrounds us, Even the table that our cup of tea or coffee is resting on, or the book in our hand, or the air that we breath, are made of the very same atoms.

If we go through the same process of shrinking down as we did previously, although this time we are entering into someone else's body. What would we see? We would see the exact same thing. Whether or not the host is an inanimate object or a living body makes no difference to what one would observe. Life or no life, the observation is the same.

The question of life

Science cannot tell us what life is, it can only confirm that it does exist.
No professor of physics, biology, chemistry, or any other science can explain what life is.
It remains a total mystery.

Science, from the roots of Darwinian theory, have clarified that man and all animals have all evolved from the primeval soup. If this is the case, then it means that all of us have descended from an ancient common ancestor, and therefore are related and are of the same family. We are joined by our DNA whether we like it or not.

Birth

If there ever was a miracle, it is the miracle of conception and birth.
How is it that a sperm, one of an average 111 millions in a single ejaculation, is born in a man's testicles (a sperm is a living being) and swims a marathon in order to get to it's destination and join with the egg. We tend to forget that 110, 999.999 million other sperms (on average) die in the process.

Now, if we could once again, shrink down and observe the process following the fertilisation of the egg, What would we see? We would see that very same egg divide into 2 then 4 then 8 then 16 and so on, until a human baby was fully formed. These cells although separate entities, are linked together by an unseen force that is able to communicate with each other, and eventually form a complete human being. In the same way, atoms in the human body, although separated by huge spaces, are joined by that very same invisible force.
Seperated but still one entity

We have earlier looked at the spaces that are in-between atoms which make up everything.
If these same spaces exist in our living bodies, and we know also that we all have the same common ancestor from the primeval soup, we need to ask the question;

Is it possible that every human, and all other life, is connected by that same invisible force?
I include animals, insects and plant life in this question.

If you ponder this question, and come to the conclusion that there is a possibility that all life is connected, and that the very same invisible life force that exists between the spaces in each living body, also exist in the spaces between all life forms, we have to ask the question;

Are we all part of GOD?

It seems to me, that we humans are in conflict with each other, even though we could well be harming ourselves in the process. This would be true if we belong to the same life force and if we all are connected as in one spirit. There is a saying, ?a divided kingdom will not stand?.

What seems to be occurring is, those of us that try our best to love and nurture one another, even though it can be very difficult at times, are in opposition to those that are greedy, egotistical, power crazed, selfish individuals.

What keeps us apart?

Is it possible, that those of us that pray on a regular basis, are able to connect via this invisible force with others that pray?

Is praying rather like using our satellite phones to communicate world wide?

Personal experience

When I was 7 years of age, I was on my way to school one morning, and was passing the church which was annexed to my school. At the time, I was very unhappy because of violence in my home environment. As I was passing the church, I said to myself ?If this is all there is to life, I don't want it. From behind me, I heard a caring adults voice say ?don't worry Ray, when you are 40?.
I quickly turned and looked around but there was nobody there. I then forgot about it.

Growing up, all my role models in the area where I lived were criminals and gangsters. There was nobody else that I could look up to. It will come as no surprise that I followed in their footsteps.
Because I was constantly going against my true nature, I became a divided person (not whole)
I inevitably ended up being addicted to drugs and could find no way out.

At 40 years of age, I found myself in a detox centre where I was introduced to a fellowship that believed in a higher power. It saved and changed the coarse of my life for the better.

On coming out of my drug induced stupor and finding myself a mentor (sponsor), the memory of what had happened whilst I passed that church at the age of 7, came flooding back to me.
I was 40 years old and I was OK.

I have no idea where that voice came from but I am grateful that I have reached the age of 61.
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#2New Post! Dec 11, 2010 @ 23:46:23
It might just do that...no telling what the future holds
carlstss On January 25, 2014

Derby, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Dec 11, 2010 @ 23:54:04
Well i can't see how unless we have the second coming of christ, the heavens open and god speaks or we can die and then come back to life and remember everything that happens. Maybe it is like the universe theory that is if some discovers the pupose for the universe it is changed into something more baffling.
Rise above the cloud

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Dec 12, 2010 @ 00:01:37
@carlstss Said

Well i can't see how unless we have the second coming of christ, the heavens open and god speaks or we can die and then come back to life and remember everything that happens. Maybe it is like the universe theory that is if some discovers the pupose for the universe it is changed into something more baffling.

If you dismiss possibility, you close your mind.
Ko On January 25, 2011
\\m/(>.<)\\m/

949 Orange County, California
#5New Post! Dec 12, 2010 @ 00:03:24
Yes, it will. But it might not be the definitions of God/god we have going and been spreading around.
Rise above the cloud

London, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Dec 12, 2010 @ 11:28:32
@Ko Said

Yes, it will. But it might not be the definitions of God/god we have going and been spreading around.

I hope that your country of birth (Burma) wins it's freedom from tyranny one day.
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#7New Post! Dec 12, 2010 @ 12:27:23
@raymondone888 Said

That one line alone is a contradiction in it's own,Science will never prove there is a God because they can come up with so many reasons why there isn't a God,and how the Earth was created.

Sorry but that's the facts.
Rise above the cloud

London, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Dec 12, 2010 @ 12:41:21
@Demented Said

@raymondone888 Said

That one line alone is a contradiction in it's own,Science will never prove there is a God because they can come up with so many reasons why there isn't a God,and how the Earth was created.

Sorry but that's the facts.

It's not a contradiction and your statement which is not an argument, is also not science. Science looks for truth.

Your concept and perspective of God seems to be limited.

If you actually take the time to read and digest the question that I have put forward, you will see that it has nothing to do with the concept of god that is entrenched in your mind.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#9New Post! Dec 12, 2010 @ 12:42:00
@raymondone888 Said
One of the problems with the quest to find GOD or a being that unifies us, is that there exists so many organised religions in this world that are in conflict with each other. What complicates things more is that this same conflict exists within each religion. Much of this conflict emanates from the differing interpretations by theologians and scholars of the texts from the Bible, Koran, etc, etc.

What is the difference in all the revealed religions? The prophets and shamans who "revealed" God's words as they claim to have received them. The key word there is "claim". Any faith put in these people is blind, with nothing but pure emotion as a reason for doing so.

If God exists and wanted to communicate His word to us (which would undermine the whole purpose for the natural universe, providing us with our free will), He must certainly would reveal Himself to all, at once, in their own language, and with universally apparent evidence that He is who He says He is. Put a lot more profoundly than I could ever say it:

?It is only in the CREATION that all our ideas and conceptions of a Word of God can unite. The Creation speaketh an universal language.... It is an ever-existing original, which every man can read. It cannot be forged; it cannot be counterfeited; it cannot be lost; it cannot be altered; it cannot be suppressed. It does not depend upon the will of man whether it shall be published or not; it publishes itself from one end of the earth to the other. It preaches to all nations and to all worlds; and this Word of God reveals to man all that is necessary for man to know of God.?
?Thomas Paine

Turns out that God (if He exists), HAS presented us with His word. We just gotta stop listening to the frauds and pay attention.
NikiNiki On January 04, 2011

Deleted

Villa Park, California
#10New Post! Dec 12, 2010 @ 12:43:55
@raymondone888 Said

?Will science one day prove that God exists?

No.
Rise above the cloud

London, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Dec 12, 2010 @ 12:49:24
@ThePainefulTruth Said

What is the difference in all the revealed religions? The prophets and shamans who "revealed" God's words as they claim to have received them. The key word there is "claim". Any faith put in these people is blind, with nothing but pure emotion as a reason for doing so.

If God exists and wanted to communicate His word to us (which would undermine the whole purpose for the natural universe, providing us with our free will), He must certainly would reveal Himself to all, at once, in their own language, and with universally apparent evidence that He is who He says He is. Put a lot more profoundly than I could ever say it:

?It is only in the CREATION that all our ideas and conceptions of a Word of God can unite. The Creation speaketh an universal language.... It is an ever-existing original, which every man can read. It cannot be forged; it cannot be counterfeited; it cannot be lost; it cannot be altered; it cannot be suppressed. It does not depend upon the will of man whether it shall be published or not; it publishes itself from one end of the earth to the other. It preaches to all nations and to all worlds; and this Word of God reveals to man all that is necessary for man to know of God.?
?Thomas Paine

Turns out that God (if He exists), HAS presented us with His word. We just gotta stop listening to the frauds and pay attention.

You call yourself the "painful truth" and yet you haven't bothered to read and digest the possibility that I have suggested.

Open minds are what formulates progress. Not closed ones.
tariki On September 16, 2012

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Dec 12, 2010 @ 12:52:20
@NikiNiki Said

No.

I would tend to agree, at risk of being informed my mind is "closed". It appears to me that only an "existant" amoung others could be proven to exist. That which is the "ground of existance" could never be the subject of scientific proof. But then, I might be wrong......just to keep everyone happy......
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#13New Post! Dec 12, 2010 @ 12:52:35
@Demented Said

@raymondone888 Said

No, I don't think we will ever prove there is a God, nor will we be able to even find any evidence for how the universe came to be. The Big Bang is a firewall beyond which we cannot obtain any information. We are isolated in this natural universe on this side of the wall. On the other side is either the supernatural, or nothing.

(This is my 11111 post. That must signify something.)
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#14New Post! Dec 12, 2010 @ 12:54:14
@raymondone888 Said

You call yourself the "painful truth" and yet you haven't bothered to read and digest the possibility that I have suggested.

Open minds are what formulates progress. Not closed ones.

And I can as easily suggest that it is you who have not read mine.
Rise above the cloud

London, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Dec 12, 2010 @ 12:58:51
@NikiNiki Said

No.

I would expect nothing more from a 15 year old child who has very little experience of life. I suggest that you come back in about 50 years when you have completed your apprenticeship. Happy growing
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs