'suck it up, buttercup' bill targets protests

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...7 8 9 · >>
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Nov 20, 2016 @ 11:37:41
Quote:
One Iowa lawmaker has a message for any state university that spends taxpayer dollars on grief counseling for students upset at the outcome of last week’s presidential election: “Suck it up, buttercup.”

“I’ve seen four or five schools in other states that are establishing ‘cry zones’ where they’re staffed by state grief counselors and kids can come cry out their sensitivity to the election results,” said Rep. Bobby Kaufmann, R-Wilton. “I find this whole hysteria to be incredibly annoying. People have the right to be hysterical … on their own time.”

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/politics/2016/11/14/iowa-lawmakers-suck-up-buttercup-bill-targets-protests/93797142/

The Kids Aren't All Right

He says he knew the title would be a headline grabber , then gets pissy when he gets all that attenion .
I think our politcians are getting way to comfortable with thinking they are demigods or some such .
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#2New Post! Nov 20, 2016 @ 13:05:18
@white_swan53 Said

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/politics/2016/11/14/iowa-lawmakers-suck-up-buttercup-bill-targets-protests/93797142/

The Kids Aren't All Right

He says he knew the title would be a headline grabber , then gets pissy when he gets all that attenion .
I think our politcians are getting way to comfortable with thinking they are demigods or some such .

This is the problem when we elect people to governance that dislike government.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#3New Post! Nov 20, 2016 @ 13:39:24
With one breath he's bragging about how he's never had the responce he got with this , with any other issue and with the next breath he's hanging up on the media who asks the 'wwrong' questions,,,
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Nov 20, 2016 @ 13:51:35
this would surface sometimes after election, with the hate bozo tell people with nonsense of immigrants and the wall.

kids at this age are too young, but understand to bully. but too immature to understand it wrong to act this way. kids are cruel to each others.

in 30's through the 60's, the blind hate of ignorant of that America should grow up by now has resurface.

this is not America to be great again.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#5New Post! Nov 20, 2016 @ 17:43:33
... let'see if I get this right ...

The Universities are responding to the panic of their students (customers) that are responding to the hype promoted by the media who are fanning the flames of hype promoted (mostly) by a political candidate looking to get attention through the media .... ?

(between the lines: media hype aids the onset of hysteria - which can be tomorrow's headlines - feeding the hype and hysteria)

I see a lot of what's going on as a big mind-f$%& game...

Though universities and schools should cater to their customers somewhat, they shouldn't go overboard and aid in the pussyfing of america. I don't know where the right balance is, that's why I'm not in that profession.
Ratty On November 08, 2021

So Cal, California
#6New Post! Nov 20, 2016 @ 18:15:01
Discourse and upset are somethings that are natural. Being upset and not happy is something that I also get.

"micro aggressions" and similar thoughts to me are silly. No need for "safe spaces" and all that other stuff. Just be a grown adult and accept that things are often times not what you wanted. That's all you can do as an adult is to see the world around you and makes adjustments accordingly. I said that as much in an other thread and I was evisorated by the feminazi brigade. Life is what you make of it, you can either make adjustments or you can just f***ing complain. I'm a problem solver, an engineer at heart, I look at issues and I work around them, not complain, but work with what raw materials we have at hand.
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#7New Post! Nov 20, 2016 @ 18:29:44
No cry zones... Seriously? Because of the election. Do you think it's because when they cried to their mothers when they were young they used to get their way?

People are getting to be so damn pathetic. What's happened to us?

Fukitall, Arizona
#8New Post! Nov 20, 2016 @ 18:31:34
@LuckyCharms Said

This is the problem when we elect people to governance that dislike government.

That could be true, except that in every election in the history of elections the winner was disliked by at least some people... People who probably didn't cry about it.

Fukitall, Arizona
#9New Post! Nov 20, 2016 @ 18:35:29
Do you think i could get away with not showing up for work monday if i cried about it? I mean, im feeling pretty emotional about this, can i at least get some klonopin out of this, do you think?
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#10New Post! Nov 20, 2016 @ 18:42:20
@adrinachrome Said

That could be true, except that in every election in the history of elections the winner was disliked by at least some people... People who probably didn't cry about it.

Well minus the fact that the winner isn't disliked by some people but by most.

@adrinachrome Said

Do you think i could get away with not showing up for work monday if i cried about it? I mean, im feeling pretty emotional about this, can i at least get some klonopin out of this, do you think?

Dunno. Ask the republicans. They've been shirking their duties while crying into their tissues about their partisan causes for the last eight years. But somehow have still been getting all their pay and benefits.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#11New Post! Nov 20, 2016 @ 18:46:23
Maybe someone here can help me:

Rep. Bobby Kaufmann, R-Wilton, and other have said, “I’ve seen four or five schools in other states that are establishing ‘cry zones’..." or similar things.

I have been searching the Internet and cannot find a reference to any of these "four or five" schools... or any university that has set up "cry zones" or "safe zones".

Specifically which schools and/or universities are doing this?

Specifically what are the names of these schools?

Specifically what are the details...the facts regarding these schools and the "cry zones" that they set up.

This entire thing seems to be a complete load of BS story concocted by an ass-tard who is trying to get his 15 minutes of fame.

Maybe I am wrong....

Someone feel free to point me to a link that identifies exactly which schools and universities are doing this.

Fukitall, Arizona
#12New Post! Nov 20, 2016 @ 18:46:55
@LuckyCharms Said

Well minus the fact that the winner isn't disliked by some people but by most.

Dunno. Ask the republicans. They've been shirking their duties while crying into their tissues about their partisan causes for the last eight years. But somehow have still been getting all their pay and benefits.

Some, most, whatever. Dont freaking cry about it. Complain, discuss, debate about it ok, but cry?

I was just telling someone the other day that I'd vote for anyone who could give me the four day work week.

Fukitall, Arizona
#13New Post! Nov 20, 2016 @ 18:48:13
@chaski Said

Maybe someone here can help me:

Rep. Bobby Kaufmann, R-Wilton, and other have said, “I’ve seen four or five schools in other states that are establishing ‘cry zones’..." or similar things.

I have been searching the Internet and cannot find a reference to any of these "four or five" schools... or any university that has set up "cry zones" or "safe zones".

Specifically which schools and/or universities are doing this?

Specifically what are the names of these schools?

Specifically what are the details...the facts regarding these schools and the "cry zones" that they set up.

This entire thing seems to be a complete load of BS story concocted by an ass-tard who is trying to get his 15 minutes of fame.

Maybe I am wrong....

Someone feel free to point me to a link that identifies exactly which schools and universities are doing this.

This is one that i really hope turns out to be s***.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#14New Post! Nov 20, 2016 @ 18:53:28
This is the first I have heard of cry zones.

Office of Equal Opportunity and Crisis centers have been advertising more the past week, but there has been an increase in reported hate crimes and assaults.

Like I've said before, most places labeled safe zones have been that for decades.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#15New Post! Nov 20, 2016 @ 19:07:38
@adrinachrome Said

This is one that i really hope turns out to be s***.

Our media sucks.

If I had been interviewing the guy and he said even 1 school did it, I would have asked "Which school? Name please."

Why? Because I would want to go to the school and get the facts.

This whole story gets the BS flag IMO.

But, again, I am happy to be corrected.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...7 8 9 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs