Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 8 9 · >>
Ratty On November 08, 2021

So Cal, California
#91New Post! Oct 15, 2017 @ 08:33:24
@Erimitus Said

Wheew!!!

He was a liar and disengenous. I don't play with that stuff.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#92New Post! Oct 15, 2017 @ 10:51:06
@Ratty Said

He was a liar and disingenuous. I don't play with that stuff.

I have to admit that I frequently use irony as a rhetorical tool. I suppose that makes me a kind of lair.

I think of lying (i.e., not telling the truth) as intentionally attempting to deceive. A person who believes what they are asserting is true then (the way I understand it) the assertion is true even if it is not. And that is the truth; or is it?

And ...and I am frequently disingenuous mostly in an attempt to learn what others think and partly to not appear pedantic.

As far as attempting to deceive either by omission or commission I find nothing wrong with that. Most people (I believe/so it is true for me) ...most people find it necessary to bear false witness when they think it is appropriate.

So I would say that I play the game of disingenuous liar with impunity.

There are those (of course) who believe that the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth is the only correct and moral thing to do; regardless of the consequences.

As if I know the truth.

#93New Post! Oct 15, 2017 @ 11:15:10
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#94New Post! Oct 15, 2017 @ 13:22:31
@Erimitus Said

I do not know if it is true or not but I do not believe that anyone argues that there is not racial inequality.

Pro Football Hall of Famer Mike Ditka said during a radio interview Monday that he doesn't believe there has been oppression in the United States in the "last 100 years."

He later claimed he misspoke. Whatever the context he misspoke about, you see his mindset.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#95New Post! Oct 15, 2017 @ 15:02:57
@Ratty Said

How about you just f*** off and not answer me. You proved yourself to be a disingenuous poster a while back with your answer to me in another thread.

Leave my posts alone... how's about that. You'd proved yourself unworthy of being even handed and fair and balanced and legit already....

I aint' going to bother to interact with your bulls***....

On no! Somebody doesn't like logical answers to their dumb questions.

Poor little Ratty... such a sad little ratty.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#96New Post! Oct 15, 2017 @ 15:03:58
@Ratty Said

He was a liar and disengenous. I don't play with that stuff.

Someone doesn't agree with me. Poor little Ratty...

Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#97New Post! Oct 16, 2017 @ 13:23:57
@Erimitus Said

Racial inequality and police brutality of African American or Black U.S. Citizens.

For some reason Trayvon Martin (who wasn’t killed by a cop or a white person) and Mike Brown (who I’m pretty sure was guilty) are names repeatedly brought up.

The protesters are against racial inequality and the non-protesters are for racial inequality.

The protesters are against police brutality and the non-protesters are for police brutality.

Both Trayvon and Mike were problem sort of kids.

It has been argued that both were killed in self defense. This may or may not be true but it is the official stance.

In that the official stance is disputed I do not believe Travon and Mike are a good representation of the problem.

I do not know if it is true or not but I do not believe that anyone argues that there is not racial inequality.

There is police brutality. (i.e., the use of unnecessary force)

The NFL protests have been successful in making inequality, injustice and brutality a major topic of conversation.

If success is an adjudicator or correctness then I would say that the protests are a good thing.

For those who favor inequality and brutality the protests is not a good thing.

One thing to note, they were successful in bringing up an issue that was greatly ignored for years. For the attention of those who seek equality, they need to now find a way to fix the issue.

The continuation of kneeling only brings more issues.

Racism is a powerful ideology. As powerful as the ideology of terrorism.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#98New Post! Oct 16, 2017 @ 15:23:54
Cleveland Browns have met their minimum quota of two starting QBs in the season.
Next: Blow it up and Rebuild!

#99New Post! Oct 16, 2017 @ 16:52:08
There is inequality.

Life is not fair.

Police can be brutal. (i.e., the use of unnecessary force)

Those being policed can be brutal.

I am naïve.

E: The protesters are against racial inequality and the non-protesters are for racial inequality. This (of course) is wrong. The non-protesters are NOT protesting anything and hence not demonstrating for or against anything.

E: The protesters are against police brutality and the non-protesters are for police brutality.

E: Some people (both police and civilians) are bullies and use unnecessary force. There are (of course) varying motivations for this but in general it seems to give them pleasure. Possibly it has something to do with the will to power.

C: One thing to note, they were successful in bringing up an issue that was greatly ignored for years.

E: Certainly made it a major topic of discussion

C: For the attention of those who seek equality, they need to now find a way to fix the issue.

E: Do you have any ideas on how to address the issues of inequality and brutality?

C: The continuation of kneeling only brings more issues.

E: At some of those who kneel are demonstrating that they do not respect the flag (and the republic for which it stands) because the republic does not respect them. Personally I do not care if they stand or genuflect or do cartwheels. Don’t play the anthem and the problem is solved. Why pledge allegiance at a game? Maybe allegiance to your team but why to the state?

C: Racism is a powerful ideology.

E: I had not thought of racism as an ideology, but you are correct; it is. The problem is that there can be no argument against racism because there is no argument for racism.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#100New Post! Oct 16, 2017 @ 16:52:30
What pissed me off over the weekend. The New York Giants won their first game. After losing 4 receivers and indefinitely suspending DRC. We couldn’t do this in the beginning of the season because why?
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#101New Post! Oct 16, 2017 @ 17:02:17
@Erimitus Said

There is inequality.

Life is not fair.

Police can be brutal. (i.e., the use of unnecessary force)

Those being policed can be brutal.

I am naïve.

E: The protesters are against racial inequality and the non-protesters are for racial inequality. This (of course) is wrong. The non-protesters are NOT protesting anything and hence not demonstrating for or against anything.

E: The protesters are against police brutality and the non-protesters are for police brutality.

E: Some people (both police and civilians) are bullies and use unnecessary force. There are (of course) varying motivations for this but in general it seems to give them pleasure. Possibly it has something to do with the will to power.

C: One thing to note, they were successful in bringing up an issue that was greatly ignored for years.

E: Certainly made it a major topic of discussion

C: For the attention of those who seek equality, they need to now find a way to fix the issue.

E: Do you have any ideas on how to address the issues of inequality and brutality?

C: The continuation of kneeling only brings more issues.

E: At some of those who kneel are demonstrating that they do not respect the flag (and the republic for which it stands) because the republic does not respect them. Personally I do not care if they stand or genuflect or do cartwheels. Don’t play the anthem and the problem is solved. Why pledge allegiance at a game? Maybe allegiance to your team but why to the state?

C: Racism is a powerful ideology.

E: I had not thought of racism as an ideology, but you are correct; it is. The problem is that there can be no argument against racism because there is no argument for racism.

A few ideas we could possibly try is starting in schools. Spread awareness and promote equality like in the past. I had a few lectures like that in elementary and middle school. We shouldn’t be too afraid to discuss it at the high school level. The challenge would be to have someone to inform and lead in discussions without a biased opinion. It can be spread throughout such schools, colleges and universities can be spread through, lectures in auditoriums. Even have Q&A/Open Discussions at the local Town Hall or at a College Auditorium.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#102New Post! Oct 18, 2017 @ 03:16:14
@Cpat92 Said

A few ideas we could possibly try is starting in schools. Spread awareness and promote equality like in the past. I had a few lectures like that in elementary and middle school. We shouldn’t be too afraid to discuss it at the high school level. The challenge would be to have someone to inform and lead in discussions without a biased opinion. It can be spread throughout such schools, colleges and universities can be spread through, lectures in auditoriums. Even have Q&A/Open Discussions at the local Town Hall or at a College Auditorium.

Speaking from experience, discussions like that don’t have big turn outs. Not compared to the NFL audience.

Or when the they do it’s from people that already agree with the message.

I’m also not really sure it’s a conversation you can eliminate bias in when literally one side refuses to acknowledge some groups of people as human. I mean I get where you are coming from but there has to be a baseline of respect.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#103New Post! Oct 18, 2017 @ 03:27:35
@DiscordTiger Said

Speaking from experience, discussions like that don’t have big turn outs. Not compared to the NFL audience.

Or when the they do it’s from people that already agree with the message.

I’m also not really sure it’s a conversation you can eliminate bias in when literally one side refuses to acknowledge some groups of people as human. I mean I get where you are coming from but there has to be a baseline of respect.

You have a point. There has to be a good way to do it.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#104New Post! Oct 18, 2017 @ 03:43:49
I wish there was too.

We put up a display for black history month, and ended up getting one of the most vile and disgusting racist complaints, I even felt dirty reporting it. (I answered the phone.)

There’s a problem in this country, and I get why many are speaking out where they can. I also get that protests like taking the knee, make people upset and uncomfortable.
But by nature, that is the purpose of protests, to be the squeaky wheel to get things changed.

Whether or not take a knee is effective, will probably get decided by history not us. Now it’s just annoying. It’s too soon to tell if the annoyance will trigger change.

I mean now we look back at Martin Luther King Jr as the protester that “did it the right way”. But in his time, he annoyed the duck out of a lot of people, so much so he was assasinated.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#105New Post! Oct 18, 2017 @ 04:09:54
people, who watching the game on tv. if you want watching people kneel to national anthem, they watch. or turn the channel for five minutes until over.

that I would I would skip and normal do, there is too many commercials in a football game. I would and normally starting the game with the first kickoff.

best way of stopping the kneeling to stop doing the national anthem all together in games of all sports.

when the national anthem more important than the game? why do we have sport games, we have a game without doing the national anthem.

would be that wrong to eliminate from all sport games, the national anthem?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 8 9 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs