Movies

Star Wars

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#1New Post! Oct 10, 2017 @ 04:31:39
This is a thread for everything Star Wars. We can discuss and debate all new and old movies. On to the discussions.

Has anyone seen the new trailer to The Last Jedi? What are your thoughts? Did it confuse or concern you? I have so many questions.
Sweet_Merry On October 01, 2023
One day. . . I will

Building my Castles in the Sky
#2New Post! Oct 11, 2017 @ 05:40:30
What are your questions? I don't know anything about the New Star Wars though.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#3New Post! Oct 11, 2017 @ 16:07:42
I recently saw episode one and two. I'm amazed how emotionally muddled those films were compared to seven and eight.

Special effects alone cannot carry a sci-fi film. Ding dong the turkey gobler (G Lucas) is retired!
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Oct 11, 2017 @ 16:41:24
I found last two installment of star wars was much better with the storyline plots were more complicated than all star wars movies before. the other star wars movie's plots lack of complicate storyline's plots that I rather has see and like more than I did or didn't like.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#5New Post! Oct 11, 2017 @ 18:12:06
@twilitezone911 Said

I found last two installment of star wars was much better with the storyline plots were more complicated than all star wars movies before. the other star wars movie's plots lack of complicate storyline's plots that I rather has see and like more than I did or didn't like.

It is a very interesting story line. I love it.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#6New Post! Oct 11, 2017 @ 20:03:05
@Cpat92 Said

It is a very interesting story line. I love it.

that good to know.

forty years ago, when I saw " star wars " for the first time, I was disappointed in it. I like the funny " one-liners ' than the plot of the movie. I felt the same way with the movie, " superman the movie ".

during this time, I have read " the hobbit " and the trilogy of " lord of the rings " that really impressed me. both lord of the rings and star wars represent good and evil. but I think lord of the rings does better than star wars did.

the lord of the rings was worthy waiting as a movie. I grew up watching " buck rogers " and " flash Gordon " serial movies. star wars, I assume George lucus grew up with them, too.

over the years, the first trilogy of star wars with mark Hamill. it took me about three timers to watched really like to watch on tv. last three trilogy before luke and princess lena know they each others. I thought those three movies were fair and dragging. special effects didn't help me enough, to watch a second time. i have try to watched then for second time on tv, i have to changed during the movie.

even now, i think George should started with " star wars: rogue one " four years ago, as the first installment. if George wrote the book before star wars. both movies would had the same impact back then, rogue one might not effect as star wars did.

only reason, why star wars was a big hit like superman the movie back then. during the late 70's, Disney was doing that well with family value movies. during the vigilante movies like " dirty harry " and " death wish " and " planet of the apes" were coming the end of the series or i said they should quit, while they were ahead.

many ways, the end of the 70's was the end of era of movie trends that span from 50's to 70's. many ways, both star wars and " alien " brought in special effects in science fiction. exactly, the movie, " earthquake " and ' the tower inferno " really in the 70's, started this trend in 70's for special effects.

i personally think " the hobbit " and " the lord of the rings " movies represents the best " good and evil " movies, i seen in long time. maybe, i grew up watching Disney movies.

i think " harry potter " movies are much better for teenagers than kids than star wars. i have admitted the last harry potter movies ( part 1 & 2 ) could been much better.

in conclusion, the reason why i like star wars now than then, because better storyline that appreciate that i like to watch. one of my favorite space movies, i ever saw, even today. " the last Starfighter " not because it was very popular movie. because it has a great storyline as well, pretty acting, and a fun and funny movie.

i recommended star wars's movies to kids, probably harry potter movies and the lord of the rings to teenagers and adults.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs