Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#1New Post! Sep 16, 2017 @ 21:35:01
Hey! What's up my TFS peeps?

Come check in, say hi, shoot the s***, tell us what you've been up to.

I've been off hunting for things like a Tiger does, but thought I'd check in. There's lots going on in the world and we all get busy.... so stop in here for a quicky.
newcarscent7 On March 18, 2020

Cleveland, Ohio
#2New Post! Sep 16, 2017 @ 22:27:45
I've been starting up my homebrew sweet red wine again, hiking and walking more, and I'm starting The Office over for the 3rd time
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Sep 16, 2017 @ 23:49:35
ask you have hear about the news in st. louis yesterday, that you read seen on the news.

on Thursday, is the first time, I knew about the police officer and killing of the black man. but I have seen posters in spots on the lamp posts and buildings on the streets, where I lived over the past couple of months. I didn't care who this person was, so I didn't look him on the internet.

yesterday morning, before I left to odds and ends, I read an article, that I heard the news that judge was going announced his verdict yesterday. the article explained to me. I was pretty bias, when I read. it pretty clear that this officer was going to be not guilty.

he was found not guilty, it was not surprise. because justice is color blind. with this law that it was a judgement call that police officer has a split decision to react by the weapon. how to deal with it. I don't feel not a black and white issue. it could happen to any race. it could been a white officer shoot a white man. or a white or black officer shoot an Asian.

it was a rough downtown, it was main peaceful to point. after 6:00pm., the crowd estimated of 300,000 protesters got where I lived, most of the crowd was about 4 blocks away from me. my neighborhood was pretty quite.

in early evening, the crowd ( the news told everyone, if you see this crowd coming toward to turn around walking other way for your own safety.) the crowd gather near barnes hospital, and started to burn American flags, but in safe manner that the police thought it was ok. it was peaceful at time, no tear gas like before in downtown.

around 8:00-9:00 pm, the crowd turned toward the central end is about 6 blocks long with restaurants and business. this stage in 3 block radius 100,000 protesters. this time at night on Friday, this area, was covered by people eating and strolling around the area.

central west end was not hard it could been. the library was the front windows ( at least three big windows ) were broken. several restaurant's windows were broken. since Friday morning and evening , st louis police were suited up and shield up with police shield from them with plenty of tear gas containers ready go. during all day and night, the governor of Missouri was all over downtown and support the police all time. governor was proud of them, not once call for national guards. that they were ready charged in by a phone call from him anytime.

during this time, I was pretty safe, if I was in danger. I would have problems. my brother in law and sister lived about 20 minutes, probably have problems get in my area, maybe. like, I figure on Friday morning. that the crowd would head for the central end. where I live mainly blacks live, and nothing in area, to make a statement for the cause. my neighborhood is dead knob on regular day and night.

around 10:00-midnight, the crowd was turning away from my area and other directions, all local news station's reporters on the streets and even the police was sure where they going at this time. this stage, the crowd got a little , and some of them tossed bricks at officers. the officers launched tear gas. off and on, they been thrown tear gas at them.

the crowd, the news and the police found their true target last night, at time, the crowd basely peacefully. the crowd arrived in front of mayor of st. louis's home. the police declared this no peacefully rally.

the crowd turn ugly, the crowd throw bricks at the mayor's house (she wasn't at not home.), the crowd bust windows and throw red paint at house. the police had enough, ( most, probably of 120 st. louis police were there. ) that it the protesting is over that night. the protesters left by their own stream, or would be arrest on the spot.

the crowd want to shut down downtown this weekend, but in peacefully way, there were going to big events in downtown. which more in less, a couple of races, and other things like " u-2 concert " was cancel this morning. the other events going be held, will held next weekend instead hopefully.

today, the protester that his crowd and him is trying cripple that st. louis's economy ( that this crowd did a couple of years, with fergusion. ) his views with his crowd that justice to fair. they want justice.

their plans will have 30 days from now, by the law, the protesters in peacefully way, without cause any harm by business or harm people, where they go. they are allow go to malls and other places try to stop people to buy things in stores. which would effect st. louis's economy. which is bad now. this same crowd that just protested about not get a raise in their minimum wage this year. actually, this minimum wage got a little cut back this year, not much hope next year.

not sure where this going go on the long run. the reality- the justice is color blind as well, blind. blacks and other races must learn that need to change the law with peace and patient. not violent!

this verdict and other similar cases, against blacks and other races. must be see in black and white letters in la law book to change anything.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#4New Post! Sep 18, 2017 @ 15:03:53
Trying my hand at preparing squash. Will have to report back though.

I'm totally ragged from travel and look forward to being in one place for a while.
Mauve On March 24, 2024

San Antonio, Texas
#5New Post! Sep 18, 2017 @ 18:08:34
Life has been good, but it's been better, honestly. Today has been a rough Monday. I'm sick, and as a result I am cloudy-minded and forgetful and just not doing things right today. I want my Mommy.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#6New Post! Sep 18, 2017 @ 23:32:07
I miss the whippings.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs