The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Sports

Connor Michalek - a humanitarian effort or a publicity stunt?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Was it for publicity or was it from the heart?
The heart
Publicity
A mixture of both
View Results
Conflict On about 12 hours ago

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#1New Post! Sep 10, 2017 @ 19:27:10
Connor Michalek was a recent victim of Medulloblastoma. He died at a horrendously young age and not even the best medical care could save his life. It was prolonged, but he passed away.

Now, the WWE made him the star of an episode of WWE Raw. He met his favorites and his villains and they all gave him their love. You can see a number of videos related to him here:

What the WWE did for Connor Michalek

I have seen the videos and I would to believe that the people, the Mcmahon family did all this for Connor from the heart, out of genuine compassion, very much. It seems to me that they did, but appearences can, and have been known, to decieve. I would hate for it to be to promote the company, as that would be the lowest kind of blow imaginable.

What do you think?
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Sep 10, 2017 @ 19:51:21
these kind of events go back through years, that a gesture that an celebrity will see a sick or dying child to get give him or her hope. depending, who is really behind the publicity event the parents or the celebrity is the question.

the parents, if they are starting a donation in the honor of the memory of the child. there are some of the celebrity, who go out of their way to be their spokeman or spokewoman for the child's cause or the disease's name.

only few celebrity will not listen to pledge from the child or the parents, and simple ignore.

most of celebrity's agents will take the advantage of publicity, and most of the celebrity, if they don't have press involve, they weather see the child in private.

I think depend overblown the event is, most important, that the child's wish came true to see his or her favorite celebrity came to them. that's most important thing, there is!
Conflict On about 12 hours ago

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#3New Post! Sep 11, 2017 @ 18:44:41
@twilitezone911 Said

these kind of events go back through years, that a gesture that an celebrity will see a sick or dying child to get give him or her hope. depending, who is really behind the publicity event the parents or the celebrity is the question.

the parents, if they are starting a donation in the honor of the memory of the child. there are some of the celebrity, who go out of their way to be their spokeman or spokewoman for the child's cause or the disease's name.

only few celebrity will not listen to pledge from the child or the parents, and simple ignore.

most of celebrity's agents will take the advantage of publicity, and most of the celebrity, if they don't have press involve, they weather see the child in private.

I think depend overblown the event is, most important, that the child's wish came true to see his or her favorite celebrity came to them. that's most important thing, there is!

I am on the fence with this because what I saw appeared to be real. Whether it was or not is up for debate, as, remember, the WWE has sunken to low levels to promote itself before, never through children, but as the saying goes, there's a first time for everything.

Is this one of them?
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Sep 11, 2017 @ 22:03:14
@Conflict Said

I am on the fence with this because what I saw appeared to be real. Whether it was or not is up for debate, as, remember, the WWE has sunken to low levels to promote itself before, never through children, but as the saying goes, there's a first time for everything.

Is this one of them?

why I hesitated before I posted my post, because of WWE. WWE does make you wonder the crap, they pulled on tv, during their fights.

most of the time, the promotion will be more direct at WWE than a single wrestler.

I am not sure that this is a stunt, I only watched my almost 3 minutes of the tape, I had enough.

have WWE goes out their way to make the child soo happy, is plus than minus for them. seem to not to be a stunt, the WWE is doing a good deed, either way.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs