How to lose weight and get in shape.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...19 20 21 22 · >>
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#301New Post! Feb 01, 2016 @ 22:57:26
Anyone ever tried NutriSystem, or know someone who has?

There is so much advertisement out there for it now.
I've heard it's very expensive, and the food is not all that.
brevel On March 30, 2016

London, Canada
#302New Post! Mar 22, 2016 @ 11:23:14
Beige food is quite bad for weight gain, but providing you aren't allergic to anything, everything in moderation is the old saying. I lost a lot of weight when I was training by eating a huge fats and protein diet. Everything with coconut oil. Really good results and quite a delicious way of eating!
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#303New Post! Mar 23, 2016 @ 05:27:28
@brevel Said

Beige food is quite bad for weight gain,

But, perhaps oddly, food is necessary for survival.
brevel On March 30, 2016

London, Canada
#304New Post! Mar 23, 2016 @ 06:01:22
Really??? That should go in the "Things you realise as you get older" thread.
Mashfi On September 11, 2016

dhaka, Bangladesh
#305New Post! Sep 11, 2016 @ 04:57:18
How can i loose my weight? I prefffer run 3/4 time in the evening. If can jogging good , i will feel very well and loosing my weight also. This is the best way.
Mankysparrow On April 26, 2017

London, United Kingdom
#306New Post! Nov 23, 2016 @ 18:13:10
eat less and move more, not rocket science.
shadowen On March 22, 2024

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#307New Post! Feb 15, 2017 @ 10:39:55
"eat less and move more, not rocket science."

In it's very simplest form that is true. But from a practical standpoint things aren't necessarily quite so simple.

Some people use and store energy more efficiently than others. So you could have two people who are the same age, same sex, same height and weight. They can eat exactly the same thing and do exactly the same amount/type of physical activity and yet get a different outcome.

Some people's bodies for example are very good at maximising the amount of glycogen they are able to produce and store. Where food is scarce, or if the person lives in a feast or famine environment, then this is a great advantage. So too the fact that some people's bodies are very efficient and thus use less glycogen than others when carrying out the same activities. However, in an environment where calorie rich food is in abundance, this efficiency is a disadvantage as it means they are actually more likely to put on weight than someone whose body is energy inefficient.

You also need to take into account your body type and adjust your diet accordingly. Again an optimal diet for one body type isn't an optimal diet for a different body type.

When it comes to exercise you also want to target specific energy systems. You also need to ensure that you undertake correct warm up and preparation to move exercises, along with correct warm downs. You also need to make sure that you are eating the right foods at the right time to maximise results.

At the end of the day losing weight in and of itself shouldn't be the aim. The aim should be to increase overall health and functionality, and this means doing more than simply eating less and moving more.
Commander4th On May 31, 2021

, United Kingdom
#308New Post! Feb 15, 2017 @ 18:33:33
@Mankysparrow Said

eat less and move more, not rocket science.

I don't think its necessarily about just eating less, although that does help.

I think its more about what you eat, changing your diet to more healthy foods, if you ate pizza, chips, burgers for example and then decided to just eat less, you're effectively still eating junk food.

Like you say its not rocket science, but I feel a lot of people simply don't have the motivation to start, always putting off untill tomorrow.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#309New Post! Feb 16, 2017 @ 04:44:39
Speaking of losing weight: I think I got too fat. Spring is right down the road. It's time for me to get back in shape. I'm going to replace meals with protein shakes (well just make it a snack and breakfast if I am running late to school).
magically_delicious On October 27, 2020

, California
#310New Post! Jul 31, 2017 @ 22:59:37
@shadowen Said

"eat less and move more, not rocket science."

In it's very simplest form that is true. But from a practical standpoint things aren't necessarily quite so simple.

Some people use and store energy more efficiently than others. So you could have two people who are the same age, same sex, same height and weight. They can eat exactly the same thing and do exactly the same amount/type of physical activity and yet get a different outcome.

Some people's bodies for example are very good at maximising the amount of glycogen they are able to produce and store. Where food is scarce, or if the person lives in a feast or famine environment, then this is a great advantage. So too the fact that some people's bodies are very efficient and thus use less glycogen than others when carrying out the same activities. However, in an environment where calorie rich food is in abundance, this efficiency is a disadvantage as it means they are actually more likely to put on weight than someone whose body is energy inefficient.

You also need to take into account your body type and adjust your diet accordingly. Again an optimal diet for one body type isn't an optimal diet for a different body type.

When it comes to exercise you also want to target specific energy systems. You also need to ensure that you undertake correct warm up and preparation to move exercises, along with correct warm downs. You also need to make sure that you are eating the right foods at the right time to maximise results.

At the end of the day losing weight in and of itself shouldn't be the aim. The aim should be to increase overall health and functionality, and this means doing more than simply eating less and moving more.

Totally agree. I've been adamant about getting real with my weight loss this year. For me it means coming to terms with not eating sugar, period. Not only is it incredibly addicting for me, but I have very good insulin response when I eat sugary or starchy food. I can pack on the pounds and need to eat veggies, meat, and fruit if I want to stay thin. It kind of sucks but it's worth it.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#311New Post! Aug 01, 2017 @ 01:38:57
@magically_delicious Said

Totally agree. I've been adamant about getting real with my weight loss this year. For me it means coming to terms with not eating sugar, period. Not only is it incredibly addicting for me, but I have very good insulin response when I eat sugary or starchy food. I can pack on the pounds and need to eat veggies, meat, and fruit if I want to stay thin. It kind of sucks but it's worth it.

Well, I guess I am Overfat .

"Classic Beerbelly", though you'd have to count back over years to get my beer count to a six pack....

I suppose coffee (w/sugar), Coke/Pepsi, and bourbon will do that too...

Sometimes I feel as though eating is a necessary evil.
fitnikki On June 05, 2019

Toms River, New Jersey
#312New Post! Sep 07, 2017 @ 04:19:49
Um it is all about dedication..
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#313New Post! Sep 07, 2017 @ 12:07:49
Well that was useful....
Komentenmelodie On May 25, 2018

#314New Post! Feb 02, 2018 @ 02:44:16
I have lost about 30lbs in the last year, I did not try to either! Some eat when they are upset/anxious etc I do not!! If I do not feel like eating then I don't, for me that's a by product of being upset etc. Not an ideal solution especially as it affects my sugar levels.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#315New Post! Feb 05, 2018 @ 17:56:58
I plan on going to the gym every Monday Wednesday and Friday since I know I won’t go everyday.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...19 20 21 22 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs