Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#16New Post! Aug 22, 2017 @ 23:21:25
@newcarscent7 Said

So basically nazi's in black biker clothes. May as well be terrorists. And I guess the people calling them Freedom Fighters are probably just to afraid to go out and do it themselves.

So it comes down to a race war. Just saying, it wasn't this bad until Travon Martin. I can't help but feel the media is to blame

We'll... I'm sure Nazis come in all shapes and sized, though mostly they are white protestants from what I've read (not most white protestants...most of them are probably not Nazis). Years ago, in North Florida we had surf nazis they were skin-heads, claimed to be white supremacist nazis...they were all (or mostly) tan, wore shorts and liked to surf. I don't know if any were "terrorists"...maybe they were all talk and no action.

Freedom fighters... I suppose one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.
newcarscent7 On March 18, 2020

Cleveland, Ohio
#17New Post! Aug 22, 2017 @ 23:56:18
@chaski Said

We'll... I'm sure Nazis come in all shapes and sized, though mostly they are white protestants from what I've read (not most white protestants...most of them are probably not Nazis). Years ago, in North Florida we had surf nazis they were skin-heads, claimed to be white supremacist nazis...they were all (or mostly) tan, wore shorts and liked to surf. I don't know if any were "terrorists"...maybe they were all talk and no action.

Freedom fighters... I suppose one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

That sounds like a hoot. I wonder why someone who is so full of hate would enjoy such a peaceful sport.

As for neo-nazi's, most of them are proud but don't advertise it. I personally worked with one at a fast food restaurant for a few months, and I have to say, he is one of the weakest and non-threatening people I've ever met. But he wasn't hesitant to spread his falsely-negative ideas about blacks and his huge hatred for Islam.
He even had the gall to tell me how my sexuality is wrong and he doesn;t agree with it, but failed to present a reason why. So I stopped listening to him. He's lucky he didn't get an ass-kicking.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#18New Post! Aug 23, 2017 @ 00:36:07
@newcarscent7 Said

That sounds like a hoot. I wonder why someone who is so full of hate would enjoy such a peaceful sport.

As for neo-nazi's, most of them are proud but don't advertise it. I personally worked with one at a fast food restaurant for a few months, and I have to say, he is one of the weakest and non-threatening people I've ever met. But he wasn't hesitant to spread his falsely-negative ideas about blacks and his huge hatred for Islam.
He even had the gall to tell me how my sexuality is wrong and he doesn;t agree with it, but failed to present a reason why. So I stopped listening to him. He's lucky he didn't get an ass-kicking.

Ya know ... at least to me - in my opinion - observation and all that couched protection-speak .....

It seems to me, as well as from the "stereo typed" POV, many of the "Extreme alternative belief"- type of people are rather mild mannered, very polite,or quite personable on a daily / regular basis. It is only when their particular fanaticist-subject comes up that you get a glimpse of their "passion"

Neo-Nazi, Neo-con, Antifas, KKK, WNs, ELF (no, I don't know any), etc...
newcarscent7 On March 18, 2020

Cleveland, Ohio
#19New Post! Aug 23, 2017 @ 05:03:36
@mrmhead Said

Ya know ... at least to me - in my opinion - observation and all that couched protection-speak .....

It seems to me, as well as from the "stereo typed" POV, many of the "Extreme alternative belief"- type of people are rather mild mannered, very polite,or quite personable on a daily / regular basis. It is only when their particular fanaticist-subject comes up that you get a glimpse of their "passion"

You're right, most of them are passive and aren't really a threat. But that's doesn't make what they believe any less threatening. As someone who may be affected by their beliefs I have every right to stand against it.
Conflict On about 14 hours ago

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#20New Post! Aug 24, 2017 @ 19:48:11
@newcarscent7 Said

While all the liberals are mad about Trump, and all the conservatives are mad about the "snowflakes", can I take a moment to point out the obvious?

Does no one realize that while we are fighting to oppose each other, we can make no progress? Does nobody realize that separation will do nothing but further divide us?

Our founding fathers warned us about this.

Here is an idea: Develop your OWN opinion and beliefs, rather than incorporating what some entity TELLS you what to think!

Uploaded at ImageFra.me

In other words, be your own person. I believe we should follow the rules, but be able to think for ourselves.That said, we shouldn't be self-important.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#21New Post! Aug 25, 2017 @ 14:20:40
And at a different level:
Look at the pissing match Within the GOP - Trump vs McConnell and Ryan.
Just how much of an agenda has been accomplished with the GOP ruling the House, Senate and Oval office??
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Aug 26, 2017 @ 03:45:20
@mrmhead Said

I guess that makes me some sort of Neo-Pacifist. I consider it a worthy cause and am prepared to speak up for what I believe no matter how many people tell me that spreading a point of view that says people shouldn't kill each other is extreme and must be opposed at by all means possible.

I like to be polite. I like to be nice to people. Contrary to popular belief, I'm not actually a witch. And having the opinion that not killing other people is a good thing and an aim that we should all aspire to doesn't make me subversive or dangerous to society.

However, spreading this particular point of view sometimes brings out the worst in me. When under intense and often vicious personal attack I've been known to defend my opinions with arguments which I will admit may be a little strong for some people's sensitivities, but nevertheless are accurate, factual and often supported with sustainable data this is, Alas, all to no avail. I'm usually dismissed out of hand by counter arguments of flag waving, 'patriotic' tub-thumping but very little substance. And then they tell me that I'm the mad one.

That's the worst of having strong feelings about something. It can produce an intense desire to have your voice heard. To get your message across.

No matter how objectionable it is to the vast majority of people.
Conflict On about 14 hours ago

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#23New Post! Aug 31, 2017 @ 19:48:50
@Jennifer1984 Said

I guess that makes me some sort of Neo-Pacifist. I consider it a worthy cause and am prepared to speak up for what I believe no matter how many people tell me that spreading a point of view that says people shouldn't kill each other is extreme and must be opposed at by all means possible.

I like to be polite. I like to be nice to people. Contrary to popular belief, I'm not actually a witch. And having the opinion that not killing other people is a good thing and an aim that we should all aspire to doesn't make me subversive or dangerous to society.

However, spreading this particular point of view sometimes brings out the worst in me. When under intense and often vicious personal attack I've been known to defend my opinions with arguments which I will admit may be a little strong for some people's sensitivities, but nevertheless are accurate, factual and often supported with sustainable data this is, Alas, all to no avail. I'm usually dismissed out of hand by counter arguments of flag waving, 'patriotic' tub-thumping but very little substance. And then they tell me that I'm the mad one.

That's the worst of having strong feelings about something. It can produce an intense desire to have your voice heard. To get your message across.

No matter how objectionable it is to the vast majority of people.

Brexit qualifies as a house divided. Together, the countries of the EU are great. Now, what are they like on their own? This is a question that we need to answer before moving any further?
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#24New Post! Sep 01, 2017 @ 13:46:18
@Jennifer1984 Said

.... no matter how many people tell me that spreading a point of view that says people shouldn't kill each other is extreme and must be opposed at by all means possible.

Has anyone ever actually said this to you? That your opinion should be opposed by all means necessary? I have been witness to you saying similar things to a lot of other people about their opinions, but I don't know that anyone here has ever said it to you. Maybe I'm wrong. If I am, please provide examples.

Quote:

However, spreading this particular point of view sometimes brings out the worst in me. When under intense and often vicious personal attack I've been known to defend my opinions with arguments which I will admit may be a little strong for some people's sensitivities, but nevertheless are accurate, factual and often supported with sustainable data this is, Alas, all to no avail.

And I absolutely, 100% dispute this.

You have made me a target of very nasty attacks before, sometimes completely unprovoked, and accused me of saying things I have never said or having opinions I absolutely do not have in ways that make it obvious you haven't read anything I've actually written in response to you.

The most recent is here in post 11 where you attacked me without any cause for a single post in a thread where I actually didn't really express any opinion at all. Had you bothered to ask me first what my opinion in fact is, I would have replied much in the same way I did to you in post 13 on the same thread.

There are plenty of other times you've done this to me. I'd also mention that I've never once become entangled in an argument with you that you didn't start yourself. I have never once viciously, personally, or in any other manner attacked you.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs