AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#16New Post! Aug 10, 2017 @ 19:35:02
Re: Fire and Fury statement...

Trump, “Maybe it wasn’t tough enough."

Sooner or later either Kimmy will out bluff Trump's bluff thus making Trump look the fool.

Or

Trump is going to have to do something.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#18New Post! Aug 11, 2017 @ 12:18:31
@Leon Said

Couldn't resist the opportunity for your over-generalized man-hate to show face could you?

I say let's keep the criticism to the two individuals, and whatever supporters they have left.

I'm more confounded that I was chosen to be quoted with it. I had one solitary post in this thread at the time and it was...pretty innocuous really.

Not sure why I was singled out

Anyway...it's a huge mess and I think this is going to be marked as one of those times in history where the poor behavior of a few people at the top echelons caused a sort of hysteria for those in the lower echelons.

Think red scare, etc.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#19New Post! Aug 11, 2017 @ 19:56:46
@Eaglebauer Said

I'm more confounded that I was chosen to be quoted with it. I had one solitary post in this thread at the time and it was...pretty innocuous really.

I jumped your s*** once.... totally uncalled for... it was my bad... I mistook you for someone else, then completely took what you wrote in the wrong way...then lashed out...making a fool of myself....

I should have known better than to come online with out having had at least one stiff drink and having a second in hand.

But alas... I faltered... imperfection has its downfalls.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#20New Post! Aug 11, 2017 @ 20:05:18
@chaski Said

I jumped your s*** once.... totally uncalled for... it was my bad... I mistook you for someone else, then completely took what you wrote in the wrong way...then lashed out...making a fool of myself....

I should have known better than to come online with out having had at least one stiff drink and having a second in hand.

But alas... I faltered... imperfection has its downfalls.

I remember. And my go-to reaction then was "Chaski is acting weird."

Because it's not like you to sling words carelessly.

That's more a compliment than anything else...
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#21New Post! Aug 12, 2017 @ 04:44:37
@Eaglebauer Said

Not sure why I was singled out

Anyway...it's a huge mess and I think this is going to be marked as one of those times in history where the poor behavior of a few people at the top echelons caused a sort of hysteria for those in the lower echelons.

Think red scare, etc.

Yeah, don't really know what the solution is either.

That is, other than to go back in time 70 years and tell whoever's idea it was to get involved against NK in the first place to think again.

Which is not the first time we've done something like that only to suffer the consequences decades later of course.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#22New Post! Aug 12, 2017 @ 22:36:54
I'm getting uncomfortable flashbacks of my history classes on the Cuban Missile Crisis. Just because that worked out doesn't mean I'd like to experience it firsthand. The uncertainty is more than a little unnerving coming from someone who lives in a place where the last attack on US soil in the Pacific theater is remembered 60 years later as 'a day of infamy' in American history.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#23New Post! Aug 12, 2017 @ 22:43:05
@nooneinparticular Said

I'm getting uncomfortable flashbacks of my history classes on the Cuban Missile Crisis. Just because that worked out doesn't mean I'd like to experience it firsthand. The uncertainty is more than a little unnerving coming from someone who lives in a place where the last attack on US soil in the Pacific theater is remembered 60 years later as 'a day of infamy' in American history.

No worries... Trump is on to the idea of attacking Venezuela now.

Next week he'll be back on WITCH HUNT!
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#24New Post! Aug 13, 2017 @ 00:29:23
@Eaglebauer Said

Think red scare, etc.

And they have the media to help.

Hell, there was one show they had someone on showing possible invasion routes of NK into the south - I think this was before the Guam stuff.

I too think there is a lot of over-hype, but it can lead to a mistake somewhere, which is why it really is scary.
Ratty On November 08, 2021

So Cal, California
#25New Post! Aug 13, 2017 @ 02:07:48
First of all Kim and that regime has long long since talked about our destruction. They've advanced their nuke and rocket program to the point that they can now strike the US mainland.

Not real thrilled with that. Trump being mouthy is annoying. He's needs to shut the f*** up and let things cool off a bit. I'm not sure how tightly wound that fat turd over there in NK is.

Not a war monger, but something needs to be done. That guy can't have a nuke that can reach us with their long history of threats toward us.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#26New Post! Aug 13, 2017 @ 03:05:17
@Ratty Said

First of all Kim and that regime has long long since talked about our destruction. They've advanced their nuke and rocket program to the point that they can now strike the US mainland.

Well, their "rocket program" might now be able to strike the US mainland.

The nuclear warhead part is highly doubtful.

Reportedly NK has been getting help from Iran (among others). If NK already has the capability to strike the US mainland with a fully loaded and functional ICBM, than Iran has had the same or greater capability already...and far far longer than the deal with Obama that pisses so many people off.

No... I doubt NK has the capability. The majority of their missile tests failed.

Kimmy knows, or thinks he knows, that no US president (aka Trump) would dare threaten the Korean peninsula (and it neighbors... China, Russia and Japan) with war (especially not a nuclear one). Kimmy could nuke South Korea with no problem and most likely nuke Japan with no problem. No sane US president would risk that. Kimmy believes that he is safe in bluffing Trump...he has pretty much correctly pegged Trump as a cowardly braggart.

None the less, I think that Kimmy has underestimated Trump's level of instability.

Perhaps I am wrong.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#27New Post! Aug 13, 2017 @ 06:10:20
I can't help wondering how a female who was, say, a former Secretary of State, who had many years of experience and expertise in diplomacy, might have handled this if she were President right now...?
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#28New Post! Aug 14, 2017 @ 01:35:53
@Jennifer1984 Said

I can't help wondering how a female who was, say, a former Secretary of State, who had many years of experience and expertise in diplomacy, might have handled this if she were President right now...?

Probably in the same manner that a black dude handled it in the previous 8 years.

Seriously, I don't know why you are interjecting sexism into this. It looks just as bad. Then again, I suppose it's not really a mystery with you.

Either way, that would be via continued international pressure through sanctions. Not that it is has been and will work with Kim. We are probably going to have to accept that he is going to form NK into a nuclear entity anyways and live with it, like we did with the USSR for decades. And hope that eventually his own people will muster up enough courage to take him out of power, a fate that usually always befalls such despots.

The only alternative at this point would be to militarily intervene, and given that cost of lives of those who would be victimized by such a restart of the Korean War, it isn't worth it in my opinion, and, as much bravaccio we are seeing by our "leader", I don't think cooler heads in DC would disagree with me. That is, unless Kim strikes first. But I don't think he even would do that, as he knows it would spell the end of him.
Ratty On November 08, 2021

So Cal, California
#29New Post! Aug 14, 2017 @ 02:36:30
I have a feeling that China will reel in it's lap dog soon. It's in China's best interest to not have NK collapse.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#30New Post! Aug 17, 2017 @ 04:16:50
@Leon Said

Probably in the same manner that a black dude handled it in the previous 8 years.

Whatever Obama's record of diplomacy over North Korea was it was infinitely preferable to the way the stark staring bonkers, total nut job you idiots elected to high office is dealing with things right now. And worse than that, we're now seeing that he's a racist, Nazi-supporting nut job into the bargain.

We've come to realise that perhaps we're not so badly off with Teresa May in charge after all. Only the American electorate could have achieved that..!!

@Leon Said

Seriously, I don't know why you are interjecting sexism into this. It looks just as bad. Then again, I suppose it's not really a mystery with you.

Because sexism had a very large part to play in the reason why you idiots elected a racist, stark staring bonkers, total nut job to high office. You preferred him to having a woman in the White House. Forget the rest of the bulls***, most of it was sexism.

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just making a valid comparison with the way a rational, sane, intelligent, experienced person would deal with an international situation rather than the stark staring bonkers.......

And talking of mystery, to anybody who didn't support a stark staring bonkers nutjob, etc, etc, it wouldn't be any surprise at all why a feminist would draw such a comparison.... Jeez.

@Leon Said

Either way, that would be via continued international pressure through sanctions. Not that it is has been and will work with Kim. We are probably going to have to accept that he is going to form NK into a nuclear entity anyways and live with it, like we did with the USSR for decades. And hope that eventually his own people will muster up enough courage to take him out of power, a fate that usually always befalls such despots.

The only alternative at this point would be to militarily intervene, and given that cost of lives of those who would be victimized by such a restart of the Korean War, it isn't worth it in my opinion, and, as much bravaccio we are seeing by our "leader", I don't think cooler heads in DC would disagree with me. That is, unless Kim strikes first. But I don't think he even would do that, as he knows it would spell the end of him.

"usually" and "always" following each other in the same sentence. Gotta love the oxymoron.

OK.... personal slagging off (that you started) over, let's get back to the point.

Actually, once you got over your personal issues you make a fair assessment of the situation from an American point of view. But a couple of other points are also valid.

For a start, The Korean War was never formally ended. There never was any peace agreement, just a cease fire that has endured this long. You don't "restart" something that hasn't actually ended. All this escalation is merely a continuation of something that has been going on for more than half a century and has never been adequately dealt with. America has been happy with the status quo for years because the only threat North Korea posed was to South Korea.

Now its becoming apparent that NK could, in the not too distant future, just become able to threaten the US continental mainland, oh, NOW it's a problem.

Try to imagine, for just one moment, seeing the North Korean point of view. Do that and the reason for their development of these weapons becomes clear.

The North Korean leadership sees their country as still being at war and are therefore arming themselves to the best of their ability to pursue conflict against an aggressive imperialist foreign enemy that maintains a huge force on its doorstep. And before you make the usual throwaway "Anti-American" slur at me as a matter of routine with anything you don't like to read, remember... I'm making what I see as the North Korean viewpoint here.

Now, I know this suggestion will be radical but just give it a try. At least allow it to flit across your consciousness for a moment....

Might it not be a good idea to attempt to start negotiations on the basis of a complete end to all hostilities...? You know... a mutual declaration of peace..... of actually ending the war..? It might take a while to achieve because North Korea is run by a paranoid despot but hell, the war's been going on since the early 1950's with no sign of a military victor remotely in sight. Rather, the only thing that's happening is an escalation of weaponry and threat.

Peace eh...? Who'd think of that..?

There are cooler heads at work in Washington, which is reassuring to see. Popular uprisings in countries such as Romania and the Soviet Union have deposed people like Ceaucescu and the Communist regime in the past but that doesn't seem to be even remotely likely in North Korea at this time. It's not even faintly on the horizon. It's much more likely that North Korea would have commissioned operational missiles with long range nuclear capability before any internal attempt at regime change might take place.

I move for a start towards a realistic peace process between North and South Korea. Yeah, I know... that's something else I'd say that wouldn't be a mystery to you. I guess I'm still just the same damn tree hugging peacenik faggot to you, eh..?

But I can live with that.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs