Forums:
Society & Lifestyles

Getting in the way

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Conflict On April 22, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#1New Post! Aug 14, 2017 @ 14:13:48
The one thing I have learned not to do in my life above all else is not to get in other people's way. I've reached this point through personal experience, which taught me why I mustn't. It took some time for me to understand the importance of letting the less fortunate get on in life, but I do now.

I'm specifically referring to my time at university. I know how important it is not to occupy space that's best left to the more needy because I occupied said space and tothis day I regret having done so very much.

I was taught to read at the age of three and my interest in reading had devleoped fully by the age of 16. By the age of 21, I had read many of the well-established authors and many reference books. At that age I went and did something that I really shouldn't have: I did degrees in the humanities at a University where most of the students were the first not only to go to university, but who had finished their secondary education.

So, I got in the way and I wasn't alone. There were four others like me, who had gone to school as long as I had and been fortunate enough to travel abroad for leisure and get into the music industry as a passion of theirs.

One could say five makes a hive and we made one. Five people took away seats in our degrees that people who wanted something more from life could have filled. Geting a better education was something many wanted and it wasn't something that people from educated homes should have interfered with. To this day, I wish I had let someone from modest roots taken my spot. I only hope the damage wasn't too severe.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs