Your opinion on looseleaf books

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#16New Post! Aug 13, 2010 @ 02:45:11
@nittle Said

Meh, if they've been in school long enough they would. Books have gotten ridiculously costly anyway. I had an English teacher who used to proof read texts for different publishers and he informed me that "New Editions" are bogus. Granted there are new studies and information that do come out but he said not enough to rewrite new texts every year. Teachers could easily use the same text as the year before and give handouts of the new information to use in class. He was actually told that publishers switched paragraphs and chapters around in the text books so that people would have to buy new ones. I thought that was pretty interesting.
**I'm glad that you finally decided what works best for you. ( :

Thanks.

Yeah. It's annoying.

Really I've found that the international edition is the best bet.
nittle On September 30, 2010

, California
#17New Post! Aug 13, 2010 @ 06:26:36
@annski729 Said

Thanks.

Yeah. It's annoying.

Really I've found that the international edition is the best bet.

True story, it's absolutely a headache and annoying. I've heard that we won't have to worry about text books for much longer because they're going to be coming out with digital versions. So everything will be done on the computer. I don't know if you've ever heard of Math XL, but it'll be something similar to that.

#18New Post! Aug 13, 2010 @ 14:54:19
@nittle Said

True story, it's absolutely a headache and annoying. I've heard that we won't have to worry about text books for much longer because they're going to be coming out with digital versions. So everything will be done on the computer. I don't know if you've ever heard of Math XL, but it'll be something similar to that.

There are already ebooks out. I don't like them. I can't read that much information on the computer. I lose focus and my eyes hurt after a while.
GAMEfreak On April 28, 2017

betch,
#19New Post! Aug 13, 2010 @ 15:09:31
I hate them so much especially when my teacher charges for even messing them up a little...it kind of sucks
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#20New Post! Aug 13, 2010 @ 15:11:12
Have you tried cheggs.com which is textbook rental.

Very very reliable, super fast shipping. And if you rent and ship books, you don't incur any shipping cost...the person buying it does.

Plus...you rent books at an extremely low price. Usually the same as the cheapest version you can find on amazon or half.com or something (that you would instead buy).

It's what many students are doing now. The newest trend and pretty reliable trend. Definitely noticed in the past two years.

#21New Post! Aug 13, 2010 @ 15:39:06
@boobagins Said

Have you tried cheggs.com which is textbook rental.

Very very reliable, super fast shipping. And if you rent and ship books, you don't incur any shipping cost...the person buying it does.

Plus...you rent books at an extremely low price. Usually the same as the cheapest version you can find on amazon or half.com or something (that you would instead buy).

It's what many students are doing now. The newest trend and pretty reliable trend. Definitely noticed in the past two years.

I thought about renting but most books I need cost more to rent than they would to buy and then resell.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#22New Post! Aug 13, 2010 @ 15:40:53
@annski729 Said

I thought about renting but most books I need cost more to rent than they would to buy and then resell.

yeah...sometimes, it's just cheaper to buy. Too bad they have to rob poor college students along the way!

I swear, it should be crime for what some publishers charge for books.

, California
#23New Post! Aug 13, 2010 @ 21:34:05
@annski729 Said

There are already ebooks out. I don't like them. I can't read that much information on the computer. I lose focus and my eyes hurt after a while.

Yep, I've used them for math and different psychology classes. They are truly a pain in the arse. I agree totally about the loosing focus and eyes hurting. (sigh) When does your semester start? Mine starts on the 17th of this month. I wish I had a little bit more of a break but that's the way it is I guess.

#24New Post! Aug 14, 2010 @ 18:01:30
@nittle Said

Yep, I've used them for math and different psychology classes. They are truly a pain in the arse. I agree totally about the loosing focus and eyes hurting. (sigh) When does your semester start? Mine starts on the 17th of this month. I wish I had a little bit more of a break but that's the way it is I guess.

23rd. It's gonna be a tough semester

, California
#25New Post! Aug 14, 2010 @ 23:29:56
@annski729 Said

23rd. It's gonna be a tough semester

Yep, that's when my little brother's semester starts too.
What classes are you taking this semester?
vanvasco On April 09, 2012

Hillsborough, New Jersey
#26New Post! Sep 19, 2010 @ 17:30:43
I hate loose-leaf books. Schools will not buy them back and you have to buy them new. Waste of money for us. Good for the book company to make a good profit.

U.S is always about making the quick buck.
Naxell On October 10, 2011

Duvall, Washington
#27New Post! Sep 27, 2010 @ 22:26:42
I have a psychology loose leaf book, and I am very happy with the money that I saved. Sure, you can't sell it back for money, but it's cheaper than buying a hulking textbook.

There are a few caveats. Just always remember to not turn the pages harshly, cause' the page'll rip out and be VERY VERY CAREFUL when opening it intially. You don't wanna play "Pick up 537" with paper.

And like noted before, really sweet to highlight through and photocopy
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#28New Post! Aug 06, 2017 @ 22:26:07
i hate looseleaf notes, because all the pages between the cover and back of the notebook are much of maple leaves. i like my maple syrup on my pancakes, and not in smelly maple looseleaf notebook.

i have use pen to write in this smell notebook, i really want to use a fork and a knife to eat the notebook.
mrenea On August 29, 2017

, Texas
#29New Post! Aug 28, 2017 @ 02:14:37
They make me really angry. They cost about the same at the school I am in. They don't hold value so you cannot resell them back to bookstore or online sellback sites. They end up a hot a** mess and the pages are literally paper then. I hate them. I have two this year because my college bookstore is starting to push them. I think next semester I will just order my books online or from a different vender. I like hardback to be honest they stay nice longer.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs