United States
PLS: ? 0

ProfileJournalFriendsPostsPics

angelofdespair
TFS Journal
What Challenges Have You Overcome?
July 18, 2017 @ 01:44:15 am
For me, it was fair weather friends.

I once saw on Facebook a post that said "When you're up, your friends knows who you are. When you're down, you know who your friends are." True friends would stick around no matter what. Fair weather friends are only your friends when the weather is fair. Once the storm hits, they turn on you.

When I first came to this town, it was straight out of high school (2007). I made friends left and right over the next year, both in college and at work. Then tragedy struck. A girl at one of my classes decided she don't like me from the first day we met. She was rude to me a lot and made my life hell. Over the next few months after that, my friends all ditched me until I lost every friend I've ever made. Honestly, I never had a real friend, just fair weather ones. I left school.

A few months after that, at work, I decided to start over. I made friends with almost all coworkers, except the one girl that didn't wanna be friends. She was rude to me like hell, but nothing was done because she's related to the general manager. Since my work friends were so afraid for their job, they sided with that girl to keep the peace with the GM, who lets that girl do whatever she wants. I quit that job. Strike 2 on fair weather friends.

I managed to get back on my feet, totally alone and without the support of real friends. In Feb 2012, I started a new job (Crossmark) and stayed until May 2015. Now I've been back at that same company since April last year and I'm still there today. So it's been a total of almost 5 years at Crossmark. In addition, I also work at Arby's for over 2 years and re-enrolled in school in 2014.

Have I overcome that challenege? Depends on how it's looked at. I've overcome it in terms of finding success at work and school despite my friends ditching me. However, I'm scared to ever make friends again. Lots of my fair weather friends appeared to be good friends initially. I honestly thought I could count on them. I keep a polite distance at school and allowed my coworkers to get a little bit closer. However, I wouldn't allow them to actually be friends. Anyway, what challenges have YOU overcome?

Quote | Reply

Quote | Reply