Science

Beam me up? Scientists teleport first object ever from Earth into space

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#1New Post! Jul 13, 2017 @ 20:16:05
Beam me up? Scientists teleport first object ever from Earth into space

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/science/2017/07/13/beam-me-up-scientists-teleport-1st-object-ever-earth-into-space/475713001/
mrmhead On about 21 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Jul 13, 2017 @ 22:09:43
I wish they would use the correct terminology rather than the click-bait sci-fi terms.

That article is kind of empty - like somebody writing a summary of a summary without really understanding it.

I saw a similar article somewhere about the Solar Minimum we are approaching. If you don't know what they are talking about, you are lead astray. If you do, you just shake your head.

Quantum Entanglement is still cool nonetheless!
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#3New Post! Jul 13, 2017 @ 22:41:42
Solar Minimum is Coming by NASA, What They Left Out of the Report (402)

NE, Ohio
#4New Post! Jul 13, 2017 @ 23:21:02
@Willi Said

Solar Minimum is Coming by NASA, What They Left Out of the Report (402)

... and then there's that ...
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#5New Post! Jul 14, 2017 @ 00:31:47
@mrmhead Said

... and then there's that ...

is there another solar minimum?

Is it the IQ of the prez?
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#6New Post! Jul 14, 2017 @ 00:37:50
should I be moving north or south?

NE, Ohio
#7New Post! Jul 14, 2017 @ 00:59:00
@Willi Said

is there another solar minimum?

Is it the IQ of the prez?

Yes.

To add to the panic band wagon, we have never been so dependent on electronics during a solar minimum. ... just sayin'

Yes we are more likely to be hit by deep space particles.

But with Solar Max a high rate of sunspots - and sunspots are typically the source of CMEs (Coronal Mass Ejections) and if they happen to be Earth-bound, we'd be worse than a piece of bacon left in a 400d oven for 90 minutes!

NE, Ohio
#8New Post! Jul 14, 2017 @ 01:03:36
Oh, and I should mention - 12/21/2012 was real and this is just the dying embers of your brain/mind mere seconds past the solstice. It is just your perception of time in the death-hallucination that has compressed these years for you.

NE, Ohio
#9New Post! Jul 14, 2017 @ 11:46:15
Well, since this spun in the direction of the sun:
STRONG SOLAR FLARE AND CME: After days of suspenseful quiet, huge sunspot AR2665 finally erupted on July 14th (0209 UT), producing a powerful and long-lasting M2-class solar flare. Extreme ultraviolet telescopes onboard NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory recorded the blast:
Remarkably, the explosion persisted for more than two hours, producing a sustained fusillade of X-rays and energetic protons that ionized the upper layers of Earth's atmosphere. Shortwave radio blackouts were subsequently observed over the Pacific Ocean and especially around the Arctic Circle. This map from NOAA shows the affected geographic regions.

Of even greater interest is the coronal mass ejection (CME). The explosion hurled a bright CME away from the blast site, and it appears to be heading for Earth:
This expanding cloud will likely reach our planet on July 16th, possibly sparking geomagnetic storms and high-latitude auroras when it arrives. Stay tuned for improved predictions as NOAA analysts model the trajectory and potency of the incoming CME

https://spaceweather.com/

Another neat site:
https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/communities/space-weather-enthusiasts
(I think they have redundant servers/sites and sometimes the working link has "dashboards" at the end)

Look at the "WSA-ENLIL Prediction" chart. You can see the CME mentioned above, and it's projected path

NE, Ohio
#10New Post! Jul 14, 2017 @ 12:12:43

Here's another article.
https://www.wired.co.uk/article/quantum-teleportation-earth-orbit

Note they say "teleported information" which is more accurate than "teleport object"
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#11New Post! Jul 14, 2017 @ 16:47:27
this photon concept remind of the movie, " the fly ". the concept of having something like a fly like a particle with a human being, it not a good idea.

my idea, i would transport twilite to my house. twilite dematerializing. i run over and bend over show my a** in front of twilite. i would laid the big and smelly fart, i can muster right in his face.

twilite would materializing in my living room, before twilite get his baring, my fart will hit in the face.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#12New Post! Jul 14, 2017 @ 22:18:56
@mrmhead Said

Well, since this spun in the direction of the sun:
STRONG SOLAR FLARE AND CME: After days of suspenseful quiet, huge sunspot AR2665 finally erupted on July 14th (0209 UT), producing a powerful and long-lasting M2-class solar flare. Extreme ultraviolet telescopes onboard NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory recorded the blast:
Remarkably, the explosion persisted for more than two hours, producing a sustained fusillade of X-rays and energetic protons that ionized the upper layers of Earth's atmosphere. Shortwave radio blackouts were subsequently observed over the Pacific Ocean and especially around the Arctic Circle. This map from NOAA shows the affected geographic regions.

Of even greater interest is the coronal mass ejection (CME). The explosion hurled a bright CME away from the blast site, and it appears to be heading for Earth:
This expanding cloud will likely reach our planet on July 16th, possibly sparking geomagnetic storms and high-latitude auroras when it arrives. Stay tuned for improved predictions as NOAA analysts model the trajectory and potency of the incoming CME

https://spaceweather.com/

Another neat site:
https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/communities/space-weather-enthusiasts
(I think they have redundant servers/sites and sometimes the working link has "dashboards" at the end)

Look at the "WSA-ENLIL Prediction" chart. You can see the CME mentioned above, and it's projected path

an 11 year cycle that cycles over 400 years?
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#13New Post! Jul 14, 2017 @ 22:20:28
@mrmhead Said

Here's another article.
https://www.wired.co.uk/article/quantum-teleportation-earth-orbit

Note they say "teleported information" which is more accurate than "teleport object"

that is a huge difference.
quantum entanglement doe more then that?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs