Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#16New Post! Feb 15, 2017 @ 22:22:39
@SgtPowerPickle Said

Speaking of boxing and MMA.. McGregor and Mayweather is looking like it might actually happen (fingers crossed). If it does happen, how do you guys see this going down?

I see McGregor beating Mayweather by decision. It will be a close match.
shadowen On March 22, 2024

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#17New Post! Feb 15, 2017 @ 23:43:01
Dana White is saying "no deal is even close to being done"

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#18New Post! Feb 16, 2017 @ 00:00:59
IF the fight ever actually happens (and with so much money floating around there's at least a 50/50 chance that it will) then i see Mayweather winning on points.
SgtPowerPickle On August 05, 2017

, Indiana
#19New Post! Feb 16, 2017 @ 00:07:52
@Cpat92 Said

I see McGregor beating Mayweather by decision. It will be a close match.

Really? IDK man Mayweather is a quick little s***. The only way I see McGregor winning is if he KO's him... That being said Mayweathers shoulder roll might be the best in boxing..

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#20New Post! Feb 16, 2017 @ 00:17:05
I agree that for McGregor to beat Mayweather in a boxing match the Irishman would need a KO. Mayweather is technically very good (his defence is 2nd to none) and he has all of the experience. I could see McGregor coming out strong and looking for an early KO. Mayweather's defence should see him survive any such early onslaught and from there on he would just wear the Irishman down, picking up points along the way.

, Indiana
#21New Post! Feb 16, 2017 @ 00:17:10
@shadowen Said

IF the fight ever actually happens (and with so much money floating around there's at least a 50/50 chance that it will) then i see Mayweather winning on points.

I agree. I have Mayweather on points. I like McGregor's confidence (mostly because its funny as s***.. Red Panty night is gold :lol but striking in boxing is a lot different than striking in MMA. Idk if McGregor's style will translate very well to boxing.

I heard projections that it could be a billion dollar fight. I think floyd wanted something like 100 million. That seems doable if they're bringing in that kind of cash

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#22New Post! Feb 16, 2017 @ 00:19:24
I heard that Mayweather was holding out for more than 100 million. Personally i dont think his ego would accept being paid the same as McGregor. And then of course Dana White will be wanting a big cut.

, Indiana
#23New Post! Feb 16, 2017 @ 01:22:22
I don't know that it's so much his ego as him not wanting a pay cut. Didn't he make upwards of 100 mil his last fight? Plus he can retire whenever he wants to any part of the world he wants. They really gotta motivate him
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#24New Post! Feb 16, 2017 @ 01:49:55
I watched boxing maybe in 60's to early 90's, Mike Tyson vs Evander Holyfield - this fight, I watched in 1991. that my last fight, I ever watched on tv.

mike bited off holyfrield's ear, this sport is stupid to watch. I could less about the fight.

I really watching ali and howard Costello teasing each other. it was funny as hell, and howard was the best to described ali in the ring.

my father was lived in 60's and to 71, when he died. we watched on sunday mornings from 10-12. thunderball rollkating derby ( whatever it was called back then. ) and " wrestling at the chase ".

in 60's, I was a kid, I watched boxing on " wide world of sport " on Saturday afternoons at 4 to 5 back then. when they had boxing on.

I never really big fan of boxing, if you like watching banging the crap out of each others. I found more less or less boring to watch.

I guess all the major fights over the years, I mentioned. looking back, I am sure what I really saw out of them.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#25New Post! Jun 20, 2017 @ 12:58:36
Well I had my doubts that it would ever take place but the Floyd Mayweather v Conor McGregor fight is now locked in. It looks to be a huge mix match as a boxing contest. Mayweather is one of the finest boxers of his generation whilst McGregor hasnt boxed since he was 18.

You would think that McGregor's only hope would be if he could some how knock Mayweather out. But I don't see this happening. Mayweather's defence is especially good and probably his greatest strength...

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#26New Post! Jun 27, 2017 @ 13:38:16
Looking forward to the Manny Pacquiao v Jeff Horn fight this weekend at Lang Park.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#27New Post! Jul 06, 2017 @ 14:38:41
Big congrats to Horn re his huge underdog win over Pacquiao.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#28New Post! Aug 13, 2017 @ 16:07:22
You would think that by the time the Mayweather v McGregor fight is over the former will have surpassed Rocky Marciono’s flawless record of 49-0...
Ratty On November 08, 2021

So Cal, California
#29New Post! Aug 14, 2017 @ 00:59:01
I'm not a huge boxing fan, but I am intrigued by the Mayweather v McGregor fight.

I plan on watching it. While McGregor is a fierce fighter, as far as I know he can only use his boxing skills and I'm hearing that Mayweather is the fav to win even though McGregor has got some reach on him and he's 10 years younger.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#30New Post! Aug 17, 2017 @ 13:34:17
The fight will strictly be a boxing contest.

They will be using 8oz gloves instead of the usual 10oz that would normally be worn for their weight division. In theory the lighter gloves favour CM who is a harder hitter and who is used to fighting in the much lighter 4oz gloves of the UFC. That said FM is renowned for his quick hands and so in that respect it would be an advantage to him as well.

As i have said previously I really don't see CM winning this one. He is a hard hitter and has a big left hand counter so he has a fighters chance of winning. There is always the possibility that he will sneak one through FM's defence and win by KO or TKO. But FM's defence is simple outstanding and even at 40, and having been retired for some time, I just think that technically he will be too good for CM.

FM is probably the best boxer of his generation and has won world titles in five weight classes. Defensively he is one of the best ever. In his entire career he has only been knocked down once (and he recovered to win the fight). Of course he is technically extremely good, and he possesses the highest average punch connect rate of any active fighter.

CM is a world class MMA fighter who has not boxed since the age of 16. On paper it is an enormous mismatch and I think the fight will simply prove that a top quality boxer will comfortably defeat a top quality MMA fighter in a BOXING contest.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs