Forums:
Jokes & Humor

Grandma Jones

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
rondetto On about 18 hours ago

Wrexham, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jun 09, 2017 @ 15:42:31
Grandma Jones from the valleys had never experienced a sick day in her life, so she didn't take it kindly when a bad chest infection sent her to the hospital for observation.

By the time a pair of nurses got Grandma tucked into bed, she had managed to complain about everything: the temperature, the lights, the skimpy gown, the food and the mattress - especially, the mattress.

Suddenly, Grandma spotted a small plastic item with a button, attached to a cord.

"What's that?" she demanded with great suspicion, suspecting it might be one of those high tech items the city folks talked about.

"If you need anything in the middle of the night, Grandma," said one of the nurses, "just press that button."

"What does it do, ring a bell?" she asked.

"No, it turns on a light in the hall for the nurse on duty," she replied.

"A light in the hall?" responded Grandma. "Look, I'm 80 years old and I'm I'm the sick one around here. If the night nurse needs a light on in the hall, she can get up and switch it on herself."
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Jun 09, 2017 @ 17:35:17
@rondetto Said

Grandma Jones from the valleys had never experienced a sick day in her life, so she didn't take it kindly when a bad chest infection sent her to the hospital for observation.

By the time a pair of nurses got Grandma tucked into bed, she had managed to complain about everything: the temperature, the lights, the skimpy gown, the food and the mattress - especially, the mattress.

Suddenly, Grandma spotted a small plastic item with a button, attached to a cord.

"What's that?" she demanded with great suspicion, suspecting it might be one of those high tech items the city folks talked about.

"If you need anything in the middle of the night, Grandma," said one of the nurses, "just press that button."

"What does it do, ring a bell?" she asked.

"No, it turns on a light in the hall for the nurse on duty," she replied.

"A light in the hall?" responded Grandma. "Look, I'm 80 years old and I'm I'm the sick one around here. If the night nurse needs a light on in the hall, she can get up and switch it on herself."

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs