Mental isolation

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#16New Post! Jun 07, 2017 @ 12:05:02
@Erimitus Said

When there is no stage for drama. when there is no role to play. Then, and perhaps only then, you can be your self. Your-self is when you are not playing a role.

If no one is watching there is no need to play a role.

To be your-self act as if no one is watching.

When playing a role we are distracted.

If you are able to let go of the illusion and pretences you will realize that you have been unable to find your way. This realization that you are lost is the first step towards enlightenment.

If you are able to let go of the illusion and pretences you will realize that you have been subjugated. The realization that you are subjugated is the first step towards freedom.

In order to be free and find the way abandon the pretence.

Clinging to the pretence results in the Pandora effect.

The Pandora effect (as I understand it) causes an uncomfortable feeling of emptiness and depression.

It is my belief that feeling empty and depressed is (for most people) undesirable.

'subjugated' thanks for the more accurate term.

Once the situation is understood
we stop faulting ourselves
we know there are artificial means in the works to fail us, no matter how hard we try, in certain instances & for unknown reasons.

Some say that the damning of our hard worked crops are for our benefit in foresight - a foresight we're not always readily aware of.

Others say it is a device to starve those who would pose threat to a meticulously woven system that otherwise rewards the selfish.

I've seen evidence of both and suspect that there are more than just one batch of cooks in the kitchen; funny how some humans can understand so much yet still not understand the simple basic wisdom of consideration.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#17New Post! Jun 07, 2017 @ 12:36:21
I would love the ability to isolate myself from time to time, but it isn't really something practical or possible for me as a father and husband. I love my family and I am happy when I am with them. That being said, when I think of what brings me the most peace, it's solitude.

If I close my eyes and try to imagine the ideal situation for me to be in, it invariably and instantly leads me to imagining myself totally alone in some distant wilderness shut off from the rest of the world. The closest I ever felt to being at total peace with my perceived singularity in the world was one night on the Sonoran desert twenty years ago, miles from anything manmade and completely alone. Just because I could, I screamed as loud as I was capable of screaming and it was amazing to know that no one could hear me. I was totally free.

I suspect that after some time I would begin to miss other people. I love humans. I really do, and I love trying to understand them, but I believe that understanding myself is something of a private endeavor practiced in solitude for the most part (I do learn about myself in how I interact, but it's a fraction of the whole).

Here's the rub:

Often when I can't sleep, I try to imagine myself in a post apocalyptic world. What I would do if I just woke up one day and everyone was gone. I think of how I'd survive, both psychologically and physically. The question always arises: if I was the last human alive, what would be the point? What meaning is there in being alive if I am completely without the company of others, even distant others? Does the fact that we do not live alone in the world give life more meaning to most of us?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs