Forums:
Health & Fitness

The New Me (Brag Post)

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
JorieJukebox On January 29, 2024

Right Here, Not There,
#1New Post! May 22, 2017 @ 02:04:15
No, this is NOT my first attempt at sobriety, and YES it gets harder each time.
Nor is this my first attempt at getting/staying healthy and losing weight, but I feel like THIS is the one...

I've taken baby steps, but this is how far I've come:

-28 pounds.
141 days, not a drop of alcohol.
24 days, nod a drop of soda (Mt. Dew addict here, it was no small feat!)
I got a Fitbit, MAN are these things great motivation! My daily step goal is now 12,000, and I started at 8k.
My clothes are getting big and my jewelry doesn't fit, lol.
I've replaced candy with fruit for the most part.
I've replaced junkfood with veggies, for the most part.
I've worked my way up to a 15 minute Shaun T. Insanity work out. Started out with just 5 minutes, and recently added a 10 minute one to that.
I try to get a hike in every weekend. Recently did one that was rated HARD on a trail website. That put things in a whole new perspective for me. An "I can SO do this," perspective.

And it all feels AWESOME. Physically AND mentally.

Uploaded at ImageFra.me
I would have tried harder to smile, but I was concentrating on not falling of that rock!
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#2New Post! May 22, 2017 @ 02:27:57
Congratulations!!!
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! May 22, 2017 @ 02:55:40
congratulations!

what i have read you seem to be heading on a right tract on a very difficult journey.

i have low tolerate with alcohol, so i never drink. but in my 20's, i had addict to mountain dew myself. i drank six or eight bottles of mountain dew a day.

it pretty easy to stopped the addict, i couldn't sleep at all night. so, i switched to pespi for a long time. now, i been drink diet pepsi for a quite awhile.

my doctor told shouldn't drink pepsi at all, because i am broadline diebetes. pepsi make me gain weight, so, i am eating about the same, but better some ways.

actually, i have lost a lot of weight, i do a lot of walking try to walk about 4 miles a week. in six months, i have gain a pound. but, i still drink my diet pepsi every day. i probably have a diet pepsi in my hand in my coffin, when i am dead. maybe, they put a straw in my mouth to drink , when i am six feet under.

i found the best thing to lost weight, at least, eat half what you normal. it really work.

you don't need to kill yourself, to feel good. take your time, you have plenty of time on you side.

Right Here, Not There,
#4New Post! May 22, 2017 @ 04:16:08
@twilitezone911 Said

congratulations!

what i have read you seem to be heading on a right tract on a very difficult journey.

i have low tolerate with alcohol, so i never drink. but in my 20's, i had addict to mountain dew myself. i drank six or eight bottles of mountain dew a day.

it pretty easy to stopped the addict, i couldn't sleep at all night. so, i switched to pespi for a long time. now, i been drink diet pepsi for a quite awhile.

my doctor told shouldn't drink pepsi at all, because i am broadline diebetes. pepsi make me gain weight, so, i am eating about the same, but better some ways.

actually, i have lost a lot of weight, i do a lot of walking try to walk about 4 miles a week. in six months, i have gain a pound. but, i still drink my diet pepsi every day. i probably have a diet pepsi in my hand in my coffin, when i am dead. maybe, they put a straw in my mouth to drink , when i am six feet under.

i found the best thing to lost weight, at least, eat half what you normal. it really work.

you don't need to kill yourself, to feel good. take your time, you have plenty of time on you side.

OMG, took a few attmepts with the soda. The headaches were SO BAD! The alcohol was the first to go. I lost 13 pounds just doing that. It wasn't until the end of February until I got the Fitbit and started walking. It did wonders! Lots of water and lots of walking. And I've just been working up from there, as to no burn out.
Other than more fruits n veggies to replace a lot of junk, I don't really hold back on anything. I mean, if I want a cheeseburger, I have a cheeseburger, ya know? Just not junk. I tried to grab Jack in the Box on the fly the other day, and my stomach was like "WTF?!??! I thought we weren't doing this anymore?!?!?"
Ratty On November 08, 2021

So Cal, California
#5New Post! May 22, 2017 @ 04:20:59
Good for you. Really mean it. Love hearing positive post like this.

Right Here, Not There,
#6New Post! Jun 02, 2017 @ 17:41:30
Minus another 4 pounds! Although I do have a weight goal, (I reached my first one, started small) I try to remember that it's the changes in my body and mind that matter more than the numbers on the scale. I recently read an article where the woman was struggling, and then just went with what felt right and good to HER. There was a before photo, where she was kind of flabby, and the after photo where she was quite cut with a very noticeable change and the difference in weight was a mere TWO POUNDS!

Going on a Color Run in July, my first 5k! I'm so excited! So, with that in mind, I'm going to start jogging, and preparing for that.

Yesterday marked 5 months sober!
I still haven't had any soda. Well over a month for that. My cousin had a Red Bull the other day, and I asked to smell it. LMAO.

The pants I bought that are a size smaller are already loose.

MAN, this s*** feels AWESOME!

DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#7New Post! Jun 03, 2017 @ 03:13:19
That's amazing! Good job.

Feeling better is the best part. That's what matters more than the numbers, even when the numbers are impressive

Right Here, Not There,
#8New Post! Jun 03, 2017 @ 05:00:05
@DiscordTiger Said

That's amazing! Good job.

Feeling better is the best part. That's what matters more than the numbers, even when the numbers are impressive

I saw a friend I hadn't seen in a while this afternoon... Her jaw literally DROPPED! (And my head swelled, lol)
Now THAT is some motivation. After we talked, all I wanted to do was come home and work out some more.
People may grow bored of my talking about fitness and health, I mean I post a lot about it on my personal FB... But I don't even care. This is the new me, and healthy is my new addiction!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs