The current state of prostitution

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Ratty On November 08, 2021

So Cal, California
#16New Post! Apr 26, 2017 @ 22:36:39
@adrinachrome Said

I've paid for sex a time or 5. It's just sex, why shouldn't it be legal? Exploitation? Ha! May as well make the modeling and movie industry illegal if that's the reason. A case could possibly be made for sex addiction, but not a very strong one i think. There would be less disease, less hos getting beat to s*** by there pimps, less f***ing crime in general. Lonely dudes (and women) could get laid when they want. It seems all good to me. I'd fricken make a go of it.

We place too much sentimental value on sex and therefore treat it as some kind of special, emotional, f***ing possibly spiritual for some people, act. When in fact there is nothing special about it. Living things have been f***ing each other for millions of years.

Admittedly sex with strong emotion tied to it is better, but that's besides the point.

So yes, grow up. Legalize it across the board. And f***ing weed. gosh darn people have messed everything up, im telling you.

Except music. You got that right. Mostly.

When I was as kid I tried a couple of working girls. Wasn't my thing. I don't know why I bothered with the second time but whatever.

I say legalize everything. I mean the drug war is lost and I don't know why we can't see that. Man has since the dawn of time figured out ways to get a head change and will continue to do so. Prohibition was a miserable failure and created cartels and tons of criminal activity and all that went away when they repealed it and boom, a whole segment of criminal activity went away.

Do this with drugs and let's see what happens. Again, tax it, regulate it and provide ways for people to get help to get out of it whether that is addiction or prostitution.

Could save hundreds of millions of dollars annually and like I said redirect a certain amount toward helping people who are in trouble with these things.

Free up jail space, IDK, seems to be way too many pro's versus con's
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#19New Post! Apr 27, 2017 @ 06:25:44
@mrmhead Said

Kinda like someone blowing off steam at a bar after work.

As long as they don't do it while driving ...

It's still much safer then drinking and driving.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#20New Post! Apr 27, 2017 @ 10:25:44
@Ratty Said

When I was as kid I tried a couple of working girls. Wasn't my thing. I don't know why I bothered with the second time but whatever.

I say legalize everything. I mean the drug war is lost and I don't know why we can't see that. Man has since the dawn of time figured out ways to get a head change and will continue to do so. Prohibition was a miserable failure and created cartels and tons of criminal activity and all that went away when they repealed it and boom, a whole segment of criminal activity went away.

Do this with drugs and let's see what happens. Again, tax it, regulate it and provide ways for people to get help to get out of it whether that is addiction or prostitution.

Could save hundreds of millions of dollars annually and like I said redirect a certain amount toward helping people who are in trouble with these things.

Free up jail space, IDK, seems to be way too many pro's versus con's

I agree for the most part, but there are SOME drugs that should not be legal.

Things like PCP come to mind.

As far as prostitution, there are places in the US where it is legal already and you never hear about it. There are no outcries, there's no news stories about how harmful it's been...the places it happens are clean and heavily monitored by security.

As much as I am not a fan of heavy government regulation, I don't think legal prostitution is a terrible thing as long as there are measures in place to protect the people choosing to be in that industry from things like disease and abuse.
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#21New Post! Apr 27, 2017 @ 19:44:44
@Eaglebauer Said

As far as prostitution, there are places in the US where it is legal already and you never hear about it. There are no outcries, there's no news stories about how harmful it's been...the places it happens are clean and heavily monitored by security.

As much as I am not a fan of heavy government regulation, I don't think legal prostitution is a terrible thing as long as there are measures in place to protect the people choosing to be in that industry from things like disease and abuse.

Also if they could implement some kind of taco Tuesday deal in the mix that'd be nice. Or maybe like an all you can eat sunday? Buy 1 get 1 after 9pm? If you don't finish in 30 minutes or less it's on us. Which possibly could be interpreted literally. So many possibilities with this lol.
Ratty On November 08, 2021

So Cal, California
#22New Post! Apr 27, 2017 @ 22:45:49
@Eaglebauer Said

Scary drugs like PCP and crack and now bathsalts use would probably go away if coke were legal and much cheaper those drugs were sorta cheaper alternatives and it's why Crack plagued the poor inner cities because it was such a cheap form of the base drug.

IDK, it's not perfect, but we're beating our heads against a wall, like I posted people are going to get high or f***ed up no matter what, that impetus ain't going away, lets figure out the cheapest way to manage it.
Conflict On April 03, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#23New Post! May 01, 2017 @ 13:47:21
My mother tells me that in Spain during General Franco's reign, young people would visit brothels in order to find out what sex was like. Is such a practice still carried out to this day anywhere?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs